IGNORED

Refused Visa

bryan giggs

Hi all, I am new to this but I am in desperate need of some help. My Thai GF has just been refused a visitors visa. I have attached the Refusal of Entry Clearance stating the reasons for the refusal. I think I can sort the non-genuine relationship issue which is bullshit but any advice would be appreciated. The main issue of concern is the reason to return. She has no assests, property etc because she is from a poor background & was paid cash for her job so there are no records of regular income. The other matter is leaving behind her 9yr old daughter who lives with her grandmother but I thought this was common practice in Thailand.

PLEASE HELP ME, yours 'Totally Pissed Off'

Visa 1.pdf

Visa 2.pdf

I am afraid you are in for a long drawn out proceedure.

I know how you feel because i went through a visa refusal 4 years ago with my Thai girlfriend.

My case was stronger than yours showing over 2 years of evidence of our relationship.

Hasnt anyone told you that you needed documents to show more than 2 years of evidence?

I know a fair bit about this subject as I have had my life turned upside down.

If you need any advice let me know.

I am afraid you are in for a long drawn out proceedure.

I know how you feel because i went through a visa refusal 4 years ago with my Thai girlfriend.

My case was stronger than yours showing over 2 years of evidence of our relationship.

Hasnt anyone told you that you needed documents to show more than 2 years of evidence?

Any advice would be much appreciated. All the forums Etc I read suggested that 6 months or more evidence was acceptable, I have about 1year & 2 months worth. They dont seem to have taken into account the emails which were printed out & submitted. The phone bills dont show her number because I ring Planet Numbers first & connect to her mobile through them. They have no way of showing this but are providing a letter to explain how the system works. My Mum & Dad are also writing a letter to back up the Relationship. It is the reason to return that I am more concerned about, she has nothing so how can they grant a Visa on this basis. She is in Pattaya currently & we have someone dealing with the case, I just need some advice from someone who has been through the same.I am contemplating going to see her in the next couple of weeks to get Married & try to sort the situation but not sure where to go from here.

You are from UK - right?

Is she in Pattaya ?

If yes, try email / go to

http://www.keyvisathailand.com/

http://www.keyvisaco...tayaoffice.html

for help.

Yep I am from the UK, thanks for the Links. I will contact them to see what advice they can give. We have someone dealing with the case & i know there is no guarantee of a Visa whoever you go with. Just need to hear from anyone who has gone through this themselves. Cheers

First off I think you are buggered in the short term as you TG has already been refused Visa, the following advice may be too late.

From an experience with a mate and if Australian Law is still the same a English Law I recommend a Statutory Declaration to help things along, normally they are ignored by the Embassy staff that are Thai but if you submit one stating that you will take full responsibility for costs whist your TG is in England and guarantee that she will return on the required date and the application is rejected on grounds that the Statutory Declaration covers you have a path to follow. Basically if they don't take it into account/believe you then they are saying you are perjuring yourself which puts them into a legal sticky situation.

My mate was married to his TG so he had a little more weight behind him but the reason for rejection was the same, once he started quoting the laws behind a Statutory Declaration to the Embassy Official (Australian) along with a few other legal points they had another look at the Visa application and approved it.

It’s a bit risky as if you are not up to speed on laws/regulations you might put yourself into a sticky situation with the official and more than likely piss them off. It is also not a slam dunk but with other supporting documentation it will help things along.

bummer, laws in Belgium are lot softer, I had a 3 month tourist visa for my girlfriend in 4 days and I only knew her for 6 weeks. I'm now aplying for a residence visa and that's slightly harder, but I'm hoping they'll aprove it this week. Good luck mate.

Edited by Zieke Reiger

Trust me, it's paradise. This is where the hungry come to feed.

For mine is a generation that circles the globe and searches for something we haven't tried before.

So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome.

Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it.

reeves.jpg

Any advice would be much appreciated. All the forums Etc I read suggested that 6 months or more evidence was acceptable, I have about 1year & 2 months worth. They dont seem to have taken into account the emails which were printed out & submitted. The phone bills dont show her number because I ring Planet Numbers first & connect to her mobile through them. They have no way of showing this but are providing a letter to explain how the system works. My Mum & Dad are also writing a letter to back up the Relationship. It is the reason to return that I am more concerned about, she has nothing so how can they grant a Visa on this basis. She is in Pattaya currently & we have someone dealing with the case, I just need some advice from someone who has been through the same.I am contemplating going to see her in the next couple of weeks to get Married & try to sort the situation but not sure where to go from here.

Like I said i got a knockback for my visa request even though I had more than 2 years evidence.

The guy at the British embassy in Bangkok even told my girlfreind not to bother applying again unless she got married.

This knocked us both for six.

I found out some time later that there had been a major shake uo of the staff at the embassy due to this sort of behaviour.

To keep our relationship going I flew back & forward for about 18 months, but it was never enough.

Eventually I gave up my career in England & moved out to Pattaya.

Everything was fine for a while but eventually I realsed I didnt have enough money to live there forever so i had to come back.

I decided I was very happy with my Thai girlfreind so I might as well go the whole hog & marry her, so I could bring her back to UK.

I married her & used VISA2BRITAIN on beach rd.

It was expensive but they handled it like a dream & my wife got a settlement visa (2years) which is nearly finished.

The 2 guys at VISA2BRITAIN were JOHN (English) & CHANG (Thai)

From what I know Chang did most of the work.

I have been told that Chang is still there but John has moved on.

Before I applied for the settlement (marriage) visa I was advised to get as much documentation as possible, including the following:

Bills:

Get any bills in joint names (phones etc) Rent a car in your name & your girlfriends

Joint Bank accounts

This is vital

hotel reservations

Make a booking on line and request the hotel that your girlfreind is staying with you (Put here name on the on line request)

Flight invoices

Keep them to show when you flew to match up with your hotel reservation.

I have found out that the visa regulations are gonna get tougher, including that the girls have about 60,000 baht of their own earnings in their bank, which is ridiculous but I dont make the rules.

I think personally you should take a year to get everything in place.

I was mad as hell but I thought I had to get things right before I applied a 2nd time...& luckily I did.

The reason I used VISA2BRITAIN is because they only charge for there services if they get the visa.

Why? Because they only take cases they know they can win.

If you have another company already then good luck to you.

I am not a legal expert but I can speak from my experience.

I hope it helps.

Like I said i got a knockback for my visa request even though I had more than 2 years evidence.

The guy at the British embassy in Bangkok even told my girlfreind not to bother applying again unless she got married.

This knocked us both for six.

I found out some time later that there had been a major shake uo of the staff at the embassy due to this sort of behaviour.

To keep our relationship going I flew back & forward for about 18 months, but it was never enough.

Eventually I gave up my career in England & moved out to Pattaya.

Everything was fine for a while but eventually I realsed I didnt have enough money to live there forever so i had to come back.

I decided I was very happy with my Thai girlfreind so I might as well go the whole hog & marry her, so I could bring her back to UK.

I married her & used VISA2BRITAIN on beach rd.

It was expensive but they handled it like a dream & my wife got a settlement visa (2years) which is nearly finished.

The 2 guys at VISA2BRITAIN were JOHN (English) & CHANG (Thai)

From what I know Chang did most of the work.

I have been told that Chang is still there but John has moved on.

Before I applied for the settlement (marriage) visa I was advised to get as much documentation as possible, including the following:

Bills:

Get any bills in joint names (phones etc) Rent a car in your name & your girlfriends

Joint Bank accounts

This is vital

Hotel reservations

Make a booking on line and request the hotel that your girlfreind is staying with you (Put here name on the on line request)

Flight invoices

Keep them to show when you flew to match up with your hotel reservation.

I have found out that the visa regulations are gonna get tougher, including that the girls have about 60,000 baht of their own earnings in their bank, which is ridiculous but I dont make the rules.

I think personally you should take a year to get everything in place.

I was mad as hell but I thought I had to get things right before I applied a 2nd time...& luckily I did.

The reason I used VISA2BRITAIN is because they only charge for there services if they get the visa.

Why? Because they only take cases they know they can win.

If you have another company already then good luck to you.

I am not a legal expert but I can speak from my experience.

I hope it helps.

What was the reason for the knockback if you dont mind me asking? I think I can sort the relationship issue but I need advice on the Reason to Return, with no assets etc. what reason can we give?

What was the reason for the knockback if you dont mind me asking? I think I can sort the relationship issue but I need advice on the Reason to Return, with no assets etc. what reason can we give?

I was working in UK when my girlfriend went for 1st visa.

I was very confident as it was my girlfriends first visa request to leave Thailand & I had a good job & home in the UK. Also we had more than 2 years proof of the relationship, so i didnt think there would be any problems.

I spoke to my girlfriend after the interview & she was totally gutted.

I asked her why it was refused, & she said that the embassy guy gave her the reason in writing.

She asked when she could come back to try again, & he said dont bother until your married.

In her anger she screwed up the refusal document & threw it away.

I wasnt happy about that but I could understand her anger.

About your girlfriends reason to return.....this is new to me, so i can only presume its part of the new stricter immigration guidelines.

I thought the fact she has a daughter is enough!!

I dont know where they are coming from?

I mean what Thai girl has major assets to go back to?

Sorry cant be a help on this one

I'm certainly no expert here but I would have thought that you could argue that her child is her reason to return? ie. Mum has agreed to look after her while I am away but need to get back to her full time. Failing that I would have thought a reason to return is a job but have you already said she hasn't got one and hence no regular payments into her bank a/c??

I must admit I am pretty disappointed how short sighted they are.... ie. not taking into account the phone records. Do they expect you to pay full price for every call just to make them happy?

I guess the onus is on the applicant to prove it though.

Hope you get some good replies on this thread, there are some knowledgeable guys on this forum who could give you some good advice.

Good luck.

As far as I can see you have met a Thai Bar Girl, fallen in love and tried to get her back to the UK with little or no proof of your relationship.

The UK Embassy see this 1000's of times a day, they are there to protect the UK(In the case of public funds) and in some cases protect yourself.

The Thai Visa forum is the best place to start, not a mongers board.

If you have another company dealing with this they should have the answers ?

Are they regulated to give advice ?

Do they have a fee scale complaints procedure indeminity Insurance ?

You need to satisfy paragraph 41 of the Immigration rules ?

If you require professional help feel free to contact me via my website we have a wealth of experience with entry clearance applications.

Your application has no right to appeal as you are not married.

41. The requirements to be met by a person seeking leave to enter the United Kingdom as a general visitor are that he:

(i) is genuinely seeking entry as a general visitor for a limited period as stated by him, not exceeding 6 months or not exceeding 12 months in the case of a person seeking entry to accompany an academic visitor, provided in the latter case the visitor accompanying the academic visitor has entry clearance; and

(ii) intends to leave the United Kingdom at the end of the period of the visit as stated by him; and

(iii) does not intend to take employment in the United Kingdom; and

(iv) does not intend to produce goods or provide services within the United Kingdom, including the selling of goods or services direct to members of the public; and

(v) does not intend to undertake a course of study; and

(vi) will maintain and accommodate himself and any dependants adequately out of resources available to him without recourse to public funds or taking employment; or will, with any dependants, be maintained and accommodated adequately by relatives or friends; and

(vii) can meet the cost of the return or onward journey.; and

(viii) is not a child under the age of 18.

(ix) does not intend to do any of the activities provided for in paragraphs 46G (iii), 46M (iii) or 46S (iii);

and

(x) does not, during his visit, intend to marry or form a civil partnership, or to give notice of marriage or civil partnership; and

(xi) does not intend to receive private medical treatment during his visit; and

(xii) is not in transit to a country outside the common travel area.

Regards Paul

Thai Visa Express

Registered UK Immigration Consultants 

OISC F200700163 UK Immigration Consultants

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

Web: www.thaivisa-express.com

Face Book : Thaivisaexpressthailand

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

Email : [email protected]

Tel : 0801022328

Tel :038420313

Tel UK : 020 -0281 -338 -059

I would do some research and hire the immigration attorney that you feel best about. I married a Filipina woman in the Philippines, and everyone told me that it would take forever to get her over to the USA. I actually hired the attorney before we got married, so that I would make no mistakes. Everything went smoothly for us, it just took time and money. I know your situation is different, but maybe someone with inside experience can fix your situation for you. good luck.

I think it is wrong to consider that a relationship with a TG is a strong basis for a tourist visa. It is a tourist visa not a settlement visa. It is worth while highlighting that you have a relationship with her but make sure that you also cover the other areas that requires evidence.

I haven't read the refusal letter as my internet is too slow. From what has been posted I assume that the reason they refused the application is that she failed to provide strong enough evidence for a reason to return to Thailand. IMO that is the area you need to work on. If you want her to visit you in the UK she needs to get a proper job. Then after a good period of time she can ask her employer for a letter stating that she has a job to come back to at the end of her holiday.

@tom48 sorry but you can not compare the US system with those in countries like the UK and Australia. Getting visas for TGs to the UK and Australia is very simple and quick, if done correctly. The US appears to be a nightmare.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

The UK system is not easy at all anymore Tourist Visa applications are the most difficult to get in my experience all the ECO has to say is we don't think she will return, case refused and with no right of appeal as he is not married.

When you deal with these applications daily you would be aware that each case is judged on its own merits an example would be :

Blind Pakistani team protest UK visa refusal

Would anyone have thought they would get refused ?

Regards Paul.

Edited by Thai Visa Express

Thai Visa Express

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

My Thai girlfriend had her first application rejected

Second one was also rejected

So I borfded a flight and flew to Bangkok

made an appointment to see some one high up at the embassya nd got her to dress up in a suit

2 hrs later we where told there was no reason he could see that she could not get a visa

with his name on the paper work

the visa was okayed in 5 days

Not what you know

But who you know

and helps if he like you

In simple term lick arse

What is her reason to return? If she doesn't have a legitimate job or a house or land in her name then this is going to be difficult for you to convince the ECO. A child won't be enough as it's very common for extended families to bring up Thai kids. She'll have to rely on the strength of her relationship with you and a Desire not prejudice any future visa applications. How does she support herself and her child?

You don't say how old she is (or how old you are) but I would suggest letting the relationship grow with you visiting her in Thailand, making sure you keep copious records of every email/phone call and plenty of photos, and then re-applying in a year or so.

As advised he may need to seek professional help.

Thai Visa Express

As advised he may need to seek professional help.

:ShitHappens1: I imagine that applies to most of your customers.

Peace. :001_Thank_You5:

sgu_banner.gif

I am afraid you are in for a long drawn out procedure.

Meanwhile, Muslim men are able to bring their 2nd, 3rd and 4th wives into the UK, and get them on the dole.

• 2 weeks later...

I would not place too much onus on her need to return to look after the child as it may come back to bite you later, look at booking her into a training course of some sort for when she returns and pay up front, maybe a beauty or massage course something like that, you state she has to return by xx/xx/2010 to do this course. This whole visa shit is one big chess game, you have to be looking a few moves ahead everytime, if you place too much onus on her need to look after her child what happens down the track and you marry and you want her to come out but not the child, everything you say and do through every step is there to potentially bite you on the arse later.

Children are not classed as a valid reason to return .

Thai Visa Express