IGNORED

What happened to Jasmine Mansion?

Inocybe

I never staid at Jasmine Mansion (not the Hotel), but had it on the top of my list, mostly because of good reviews and the seemingly colorful owner. He used to write some fantastic, and long posts (at another board), telling us about how it was to be a guesthouse owner. Everything from impossible staff to hilariously funny situations that happened. Great writer. He later gave out a book with these stories (can't remember the name of it).

Now I see that their internet site is dead (www.jasminemansion.com), and I can't find any information on him.

Is Jasmine Mansion no more?

If he's still an active internet poster, do you know the address?

And, if you remember the name of the book, I could try to find and buy it in Pattaya?

Thanks! :Whistle:

PS! I know this isn't just a accommodation question, but couldn't decide where to put it.

Edited by Inocybe

Question to the moderators; Could I become an advanced member? I have posted in the approval thread ages ago, April 20., but no response? I have met all the requirments (hopefully). Thank you :)

Proud owner of a Honda ANF 125i Innova (same as the Honda Wave)

I never staid at Jasmine Mansion (not the Hotel), but had it on the top of my list, mostly because of good reviews and the seemingly colorful owner. He used to write some fantastic, and long posts (at another board), telling us about how it was to be a guesthouse owner. Everything from impossible staff to hilariously funny situations that happened. Great writer. He later gave out a book with these stories (can't remember the name of it).

Now I see that their internet site is dead (www.jasminemansion.com), and I can't find any information on him.

Is Jasmine Mansion no more?

If he's still an active internet poster, do you know the address?

And, if you remember the name of the book, I could try to find and buy it in Pattaya?

Thanks! :Whistle:

PS! I know this isn't just a accommodation question, but couldn't decide where to put it.

You can read more here Riff Raffles

Kevin currently owns The Great British Fish and Chip Shop on Soi Khao Noi, if you call and see him I'm sure he would sell you his book and give you the hotel info you require.

You can read more here Riff Raffles

Kevin currently owns The Great British Fish and Chip Shop on Soi Khao Noi, if you call and see him I'm sure he would sell you his book and give you the hotel info you require.

THANK YOU! Even though the reading (last updated march 2009) was not that positive. I knew about this site, and visited a long time ago, but forgot it's name. My memory isn't that good :(

Is JM sold or has his wife taken over. To me, when I read his old posts, it was he who had the control there. Without him, it seemed that the mansion would loose control completely.

Hope his new business goes well. I will visit the place next time. Can't call, my English get's even worse on the phone :Whistle:

Since I don't know how JM is run now, I won't say that it's run badly. This because I shouldn't say anything I don't know anything about... I just referred to old posts he wrote.

Edited by Inocybe

Question to the moderators; Could I become an advanced member? I have posted in the approval thread ages ago, April 20., but no response? I have met all the requirments (hopefully). Thank you :)

Proud owner of a Honda ANF 125i Innova (same as the Honda Wave)

D-i-v-o-r-c-e

A new BG asked an experienced BG what was the difference between the Long Con and the Short Con. The experienced BG replied... The Long Con takes longer, but the rewards are far greater.

Beware the beast Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him; drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.

Pattaya Hotel Listing: www.bookmyspot.com

Condo / Housing Forum: www.roomdaddy.com Please recommend to your friends living in a condo or village. This could be a good place to stay informed about the happenings where you live.

Apparently he and his wife had a parting of the ways and she took over the running of Jasmine Mansion, whereby it went downhill rapidly. I stayed there when Kevin was still running it and he did a great job and was very helpful, as well as being an amusing raconteur. Shame, but that's life I guess. It's good to hear he's bounced back into another business - I'll have to pop in for a meal (once I figure out where Soi Khao Noi is !).

Real shame that.

That place has a priceless reputation, then it was almost like someone put the place in reverse.

Instead of going out of their way to help customers they seemed to be going out of their way to piss people of.

I guess that must have been when his wife took over.

• 7 months later...

Hi to all , the hotel is work only the web site is in fixing soon thay make new web site.

i stay in this hotel i like the place, cheep price good rooms, air condition, hot water, mini bar, safe box all sequre i leave the mony and pasport on the table one weak no one not toch. happy owner make discount. best hotel for the price .

i pay 500 for room all rooms in pataya more expensive and bad service this hotel i like so much.

near the hotel seven eleven alcohol shop work 24 hours chep taxi to Walking Street only 10 bat or walk 15 minuts best plase to stay same big hotel very frendly reception and cheep. loundery 30 second walk . so much like this place.

who want to stay the fone of place 0823836665 owner name is Tanya

Edited by alexandro

Hi to all , the hotel is work only the web site is in fixing soon thay make new web site.

i stay in this hotel i like the place, cheep price good rooms, air condition, hot water, mini bar, safe box all sequre i leave the mony and pasport on the table one weak no one not toch. happy owner make discount. best hotel for the price .

i pay 500 for room all rooms in pataya more expensive and bad service this hotel i like so much.

near the hotel seven eleven alcohol shop work 24 hours chep taxi to walking street only 10 bat or walk 15 minuts best plase to stay same big hotel very frendly reception and cheep. loundery 30 second walk . so much like this place.

wow. You really like that place.

It must have really improved?

Edited by hazze

near the hotel seven eleven alcohol shop work 24 hours chep taxi to walking street only 10 bat or walk 15 minuts best plase to stay same big hotel very frendly reception and cheep. loundery 30 second walk . so much like this place.

Hi Alexandro, are you from Japan too ? Do you know if they do long stay discounts and do you they accept credit cards ? I've recently been divorced from the Thai bitch from Hell and I'm looking for somewhere to relax for a while. Would you recommend the Jasmine Mansion for me and can they make a Waldorf salad ?

• 3 weeks later...

Stayed there for a day last trip and it was nothing special at all, very tatty. Guessing his wife was running it, very pretty lady who looked terrifying, like she would flip out any second. The staff seemed scared shitless of her too.

Hmmm, I wonder what happened to him and his divorce...did he loose evrything in divorce...?

What the hell was he thinking to put everything on her name...

:Circle_Sharks:

Anyone knows?

Just curious...

<p>

I stay at jasminemansion last mount i like verymach too good price 500 night i told all my friend how good a bout this pace, so we will back soon

Tanya Jaid she vwry nice lady all staff great too, that place very cleen too i like Jasmine Mansion

who want to stay the phone of place 0823836665, 038 488543, owner name is Tanya Jaid

I stay at jasminemansion last mount i like verymach too good price 500 night i told all my friend how good a bout this pace, so we will back soon

Tanya Jaid she vwry nice lady all staff great too, that place very cleen too i like Jasmine Mansion

who want to stay the phone of place 0823836665, 038 488543, owner name is Tanya Jaid

Thanks for the info, Tanya.