IGNORED

Lost my US Passport in Bangkok this morning.

Condor

I really don't think the clerk at the Grand Business Inn on Soi 11 returned the passport after making the copy, but it's gone at any rate and she says she gave it to me. I saw a paragraph about it on the thai visa website, so I'll stop in there in the morning to see what can be done. Problem is, during the commotion of looking for the visa, I left my atm card in the machine right next to the hotel.... i'm in a world of shit guys, only $1000 on hand without my atm card. guess this vacation is over.... anybody got any tricks or solutions I would really appreciate your help.

btw I'm back in Pattaya now and just around the corner from the thai visa guys.

Warning! Life is sexually transmitted and 100% Fatal

IMG_0885.jpg..sigpic.jpg

"It ain't the dyin' I'm talking about, Woodrow, it's the LIVIN"">

First thing is to get to the US Embassy and not a mongers forum bro'.

They will tell you options 100% accurately.

It would be very unlikely that a hotel would retain a passport after taking a copy so check and check again.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

and call your bank to cancel the atm card asap get a copy of your passport from the hotel might make it easier to get a temp one from embassy

Surely you brought more than one card with you??

I had a problem last trip where I placed my wallet on top of a powerful speaker in my room and demagnetised all my cards - I just transferred a few grand to my brother and got him to wire it to me via western union, took less than 10 hours all up.

go to the US embassy for another passport.. it will take about 30 min once you give them your ssn

go to the bank that the atm belong too.. they will give you back the card..

if it's a money changer booth.. ask the person in the booth..

wow great tips. i will do each. thank you so much... of course i'm a bundle of nerves.

IMG_0885.jpg..sigpic.jpg

Good luck to you. I hope everything ist going to be allright for you.

Pattaya: You can checkout any time you like - but you can never leave - Eagles

Damn Condor, I just read your message. Man I hope things start looking up for you. As stated above, call and get the card stopped fast. You can get access to money any number of ways. Could be harder without the passport though. After stopping the card I would get to the embassy to sort out what to do. I know it can take awhile to get a replacement if you can't find yours.

Good luck man and let us know how everything works out.

Damn Condor, I just read your message. Man I hope things start looking up for you. As stated above, call and get the card stopped fast. You can get access to money any number of ways. Could be harder without the passport though. After stopping the card I would get to the embassy to sort out what to do. I know it can take awhile to get a replacement if you can't find yours.

Good luck man and let us know how everything works out.

I wouldn't cancel the card until contacting the bank who owns the ATM. If the bank has it it is safe. If you cancel the card then the card is finished. If you can't get the card back you could open a Thai bank account and get someone to transfer money to the account from the US (perhaps you could do it if you have internet banking.)

That is a bad luck run for sure. I hope it all works out for you.

I once found a passport from Norway in the back of a Baht bus. I contacted the embassy and left my contact details. The owner of the passport called me a couple of days later and collected the passport.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

what excellent good luck. i contacted the US embassy in bangkok this morning and my card was found at the soi 7 beergarden and turned in to the embassy. i'm tryng to get them to mail it to club blu wafor me to pick up, but they are reluctant. either way, i'm very very lucky. atm card may be more difficult, because i have no way to prove it is mine or to identify it... i guess they can somehow contact my bank, but you see it has not got my name or anything on it... just the number of the card... don't think i even have the transaction receipt from getting the last payout from the machine where i left the atm card.

IMG_0885.jpg..sigpic.jpg

condor i bet your giving huge sighs of relief over the passport beergarden on soi 7 one of my prefered haunts for fl in bkk ..oh and the foods not to bad either

yes actually i wish i'd gone to bangkok this time instead of pattaya... the women there are more relaxed for us old guys, more accomodating and much more trustworthy in my opinion. i would have had a better time.... and yeah the little steaks at the beergarden are soooooo good.

IMG_0885.jpg..sigpic.jpg

• 2 weeks later...