IGNORED

UK VISA for wife

woodster

hi all,

i hope someone can help in giving me the best advise on what type of visa to get for my thai wife for a second visit to the uk.

i am not too sure as to apply for a nother tourist visa(we were granted one last june and she came for 2 months,then we were not married)or a family visit visa as we are now married,we do not intend to apply for a settlement visa as yet as we want her child (7 years old) to learn a little more english before coming to the uk,this will probably happen in 12-18 months time.

we met in dec 2007, were unsuccessful with our first tourist visa application in sept 2008 but were granted a visa on our second attempt in june 2009 when she came to stay for 2 months and this was stated in the application that she would only stay for 2 months,we then married in january this year under thai law and i have since returned home to the uk.i am back to thailand in april when we intend to get a visa so she can return to the uk with me for around 3 months.i make the trip to thailand about 3 times a year we have just built a house in khon kaen which i paid for but at present my wife does not work as i do not want her away from her child to enable her to go away and find work.

i hope this is understandable and than someone can advise me of the correct visa to apply for.

many thanks

steve

You will need to satisfy Paragraph 41 of the Immigration rules apply for a family visit as she is visiting her spouse we recently applied for a 2 year visit visa succesfully for a client.

Visits

Take note :

2.1.9 Frequency and Duration of Visits

There is no restriction on the number of visits a person may make to the United Kingdom nor any requirement that a specified time must elapse between successive visits. The fact that a person has made a series of visits with only brief intervals between them would not, in the absence of any other relevant factors, constitute sufficient ground for refusal.

It is reasonable, however, for the immigration officer to consider the stated purpose of the visit in the light of the length of time that has elapsed since previous visits. A visitor should not, for example, normally spend more than 6 out of any 12 months in this country (but see guidance relating to visitors for private medical treatment).

Regards Paul.

Thai Visa Express

Registered UK Immigration Consultants 

OISC F200700163 UK Immigration Consultants

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

Web: www.thaivisa-express.com

Face Book : Thaivisaexpressthailand

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

Email : [email protected]

Tel : 0801022328

Tel :038420313

Tel UK : 020 -0281 -338 -059

many thanks paul, we will apply for a family visit visa in april and will be in touch with you at a later date for you to help us in the settlement visa when required,once again many thanks

steve

Take note of the rise in fees for settlement applications from April 1st.

Thai Visa Express

Registered UK Immigration Consultants 

OISC F200700163 UK Immigration Consultants

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

Web: www.thaivisa-express.com

Face Book : Thaivisaexpressthailand

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

Email : [email protected]

Tel : 0801022328

Tel :038420313

Tel UK : 020 -0281 -338 -059

hi all,

i hope someone can help in giving me the best advise on what type of visa to get for my thai wife for a second visit to the uk.

i am not too sure as to apply for a nother tourist visa(we were granted one last june and she came for 2 months,then we were not married)or a family visit visa as we are now married,we do not intend to apply for a settlement visa as yet as we want her child (7 years old) to learn a little more english before coming to the uk,this will probably happen in 12-18 months time.

we met in dec 2007, were unsuccessful with our first tourist visa application in sept 2008 but were granted a visa on our second attempt in june 2009 when she came to stay for 2 months and this was stated in the application that she would only stay for 2 months,we then married in january this year under thai law and i have since returned home to the uk.i am back to thailand in april when we intend to get a visa so she can return to the uk with me for around 3 months.i make the trip to thailand about 3 times a year we have just built a house in khon kaen which i paid for but at present my wife does not work as i do not want her away from her child to enable her to go away and find work.

i hope this is understandable and than someone can advise me of the correct visa to apply for.

many thanks

steve