Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Golf driving tips

cindy

Here are 8 driving tips to help you improve your drive skills.

I will introduced to you in the following days.

Please pay more attention.

Tip 1: Make The Club Do The Work

So often, beginners are seen attempting to smash the ball to peices in the hope of increasing the distance of their drive and impressing thier mates. The clubs are designed for different distances, so let your driver do it's thing. A useful golf driving tip here is to concentrate on your swing and the centre of the ball, not the power of your swing.

Trying to hit the ball too hard will result in a slice, an air shot, or even a pulled muscle on your part. Just take your time, get the motion of your swing correct and let the club do what it was made for. Only when you have mastered your swing should you try to hit it harder.

logo.png

Thanks for the tips.. I,m planning to take up golf in near future..

Someone should have a word with Tiger about not hitting the ball too hard - if anyone can find him that is.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

• 4 weeks later...

If your just beggining, best bet, a few hours and a round with

the local pro golfer, better that than developing bad habbits

and playin crap, ok you probably just wanna do it for fun, but

you will enjoy it better if you can at least hit it straight ..

its a great game to play.. :001_Thank_You5:

enjoy

It certainly is not about the speed of the club..Your stance--posture--the ability to hit the sweet spot is far more important then the speed of your club..Took me a couple years to figure this out but I'm a slow learner....Some golfers I know after 20 years are still trying to knock the skin off the ball resulting in Out of Bounds--Slices--nose dives and just a plain shitty game..

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

• 4 weeks later...

I can obtain the book attached at 150 baht, its out of date but little has changed in the book, they are brand new and heaps of useful info on all Thailand courses, it has over 400 pages and all contact details of courses etc.

It retails at 890 baht but as its 2008 I can get for 150 baht, pop in and order one or email me.

Cheers Dave

showblob-big.php.jpg

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

• 1 year later...

Stable head (don't turn and look), try and keep your shoulders from turning out too fast, and allow the hands to roll over. A slice is caused by when the body is turned open at impact, rather than with the shoulders in line with the feet. Look at photos of all the great players at impact: despite having very different swings, they all look the same at impact. Different routes to get there, but it happens at the moment the club hits the ball.

I can obtain the book attached at 150 baht, its out of date but little has changed in the book, they are brand new and heaps of useful info on all Thailand courses, it has over 400 pages and all contact details of courses etc.

It retails at 890 baht but as its 2008 I can get for 150 baht, pop in and order one or email me.

Cheers Dave

post-2887-127023096719_thumb.txt

Hey dave, could you reserve 1 for me please. Pick up or post is ok for me. Thanks!

HI Mate

I will see if I still can as that was over a year ago, I will make enquiries.

Cheers Dave

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I recently took my clubs out of the shed where they have been for a long time unused and Iv noticed the face of the driver is very rough.

Nobbily is a good word to describe it.

Does/should the face be sanded to ensure it's a flat surface?

Posted Image

I sand all the rough spots off mine and it certainly helps~~

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

• 2 weeks later...

you must be talking about an old wood wood i guess.

you can sand it smoother

not flat.

the face is curved top to bottom and side to side (bulge and roll),

very important for ball flight.

coat with a clear varnish after to prevent moisture getting in the wood.

Take a short lenth of fishing line and two hooks. Attach one to your bottem lip and one to your testicles. when you drive off, you will keep your head still. Or you will learn to VERY QUICKLY.

when you have finished the bulge and roll should be nice and smooth,

run your palm over it to check.

get your caddy to polish it with soft circular strokes.

the wood should now be quite hard and impervious to wetness.

now it will look like new and you will be proud to take it out at anytime and use it.

remember a slower rythmic stroke is better than a hurried jab.

it is actually okay to look up once you have made contact.

• 2 months later...

Cindy's advise is spot on. For years I fought a hook with my driver. When it finally sunk into my fat head that I needed to slow my swing down a bit and take it out of my hands the hook began to disappear. I certainly don't hit every drive perfect these days but I'm a lot more consistent off the tee and the cronic hook is long gone.