IGNORED

Hide my caller ID

vagrant

Does anyone know how to hide your phone number (private #, or hide caller ID) on the True/Dtac network? I'd like to be able to call BGs without giving away my phone number. They seem to know when to call at the most inappropriate times. It would also be handy for calling back home without letting on that I'm in LOS.

Thanks in advance,

Vagrant

should be as simple you go in to your phone settings, call setting , where it says send my caller ID , change it to NO that should work

should be as simple you go in to your phone settings, call setting , where it says send my caller ID , change it to NO that should work

mate i dont think its as easy that with the thai simcards, you're right though, past girls will always call at the wrong time, i learned the hard way

I have seen this question asked around all of the boards and the answer is no. It is not possible to block your number.

FatherMojo

A new BG asked an experienced BG what was the difference between the Long Con and the Short Con. The experienced BG replied... The Long Con takes longer, but the rewards are far greater.

Beware the beast Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him; drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.

Pattaya Hotel Listing: www.bookmyspot.com

Condo / Housing Forum: www.roomdaddy.com Please recommend to your friends living in a condo or village. This could be a good place to stay informed about the happenings where you live.

Thanks for all the responses. Looks like I'll have to put up with the mid coitus interruptions. Easy answer I guess is to just turn the thing off.

Vagrant

If you do this, your phone will NOT connect and you will get a strange network message. Tried it on the AIS system and was puzzled when I could not connect to often-called number. Since I had a brand new phone (Samsung) and the manual was not very complete, saw a technician, who identified the problem immediately and explained.

• 5 months later...

Easy with 1 2 call. Phone the operator (1175), go for the English voice menu, speak to the fluent operators and tell them what you want. They call it a private service, costs 30 Baht/month, works perfectly - allows you to hide or show your number with each call, or all calls..

Edited by alwayskeen

It ain't love, but it ain't bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Easy with 1 2 call. Phone the operator (1175), go for the English voice menu, speak to the fluent operators and tell them what you want. They call it a private service, costs 30 Baht/month, works perfectly - allows you to hide or show your number with each call, or all calls..

This is only true if you and the person you are calling are both AIS customers, if you are phoning someone on DTAC, True etc you number may or may not show. 12call/AIS will not guarantee your number not showing under such circumstances. I thought they may have upgraded their service so had the wife call them 5 minutes ago. They have 2 options, 1. block your number on all calls. 2. Self select by entering #31# prior to the dialing the number you do not want to see your own. Either way there is no guarantee if dialing other providers. Both cost 30 baht per month.

Yes last time that's what they says me in AIS shop, only work on AIS network.

Did someone found a good solution for low cost international call from thailand to other countries with phone number hide ?