IGNORED

Mosquitos

toront500

Guys

Every time I travel abroad to hot countries I get one bad bite on the ankles that give me grief for a couple of days.

Is there a decent anti mosquito spray I can get in Patts?

Guys

Every time I travel abroad to hot countries I get one bad bite on the ankles that give me grief for a couple of days.

Try mosquito repellent wipes,they can be purchased at any 7/11 for about 10 baht,

they are the best repellent I have ever used,.

Remember mosquitos are at thier best between 5pm and 8pm,

I didnt get bit once last time.

Di...

Long trousers and socks in the evenings helps prevent this. Once bitten DO NOT scratch. Antihistamines help to reduce the itch sensation.

"A man does what he can until his destiny is revealed"

There's light at the end of this long tunnel

Guys

Yur from where I came frum, Africa Zambia 1967 2 years you have to build up ze Antibodies worked slept 70 countrys first rule no sugar chocolate sweet after shave girls as in perfume, mosquitos love Aryan fresh of the press

Try mosquito repellent wipes,they can be purchased at any 7/11 for about 10 baht,

they are the best repellent I have ever used,.

Remember mosquitos are at thier best between 5pm and 8pm,

I didnt get bit once last time.

Di...

Thanks for that.

Personally i like the stuff that is milky and looks like a deodorant. Its a glass bottle with a ball dispenser.

Any repellent with 20-50% DEET is good. Tiger Balm is the best thing to apply after getting bitten as well as being an excellent preventative measure.

• 9 months later...

I had the problem here many times, here is all the info i have gathered yesterday when researching the net, each of these are meant to work alone, but no harm in trying them all

vitamin b tablets

eating marmite

garlic tablets

and of course repellent

Every night before i go to bed, i spray the room and close the door for 10 minutes, i no longer get problems/

I was thinking to myself just the other day how few mozzies you get in Pattaya compared to Phuket, for instance. So few here as to be an irrelevance IMO.

I use what the Thais use;

TIGER Balm;

As long as you have not rubbed the Mosquito Bite;

It takes the itching away;

On me the bite disapeares after 1 day

Maybe that's just me;

Its used for loads of things and is cheap;

Best stuff for stings;

:BirthdayCake1:

I get the repellant spray from boots in a yellow can (Walking Street, Royal Garden Plaza, The Avenue or in the UK for triple the price) you just spray it on in twice a day and it seems to keep them away, like other guys say if you do get bitten tiger balm is the stuff.

Defo Tiger Balm of a night before bed time.

But also a citris based soap works wonders.

I want to lick Edna Krabappel`s Pussy....

Principal Seymour Skinner

Proud to be a member http://www.lmhr.org.uk/about/anl.html

Can you help please? http://www.baan-kingkaew-orphanage.org/mission.html

Take at look at this site if u care?

http://www.isara.org/

lbfucker.gif

Visit My Website

Last time i was in Pattaya there was an oldish guy who teached english there and who had been living there for many years he told me about a mosq replant that was milky in colour and was like a roll on deodurant, he swore by it said you could not get it back home as there where a few chemicals in it that we aint alowed to use back home.

Hope this helps

I will try the marmite therapy, and report on the results...

I enjoy marmite, so it won't be any great sacrifice

Murg

:Party1:

"I have passed blamelessly through life doing nought but good deeds, and I am beloved by all whose path I have crossed. It is beyond comprehension that anyone could nurture in their hearts hostile feelings for me." Genevive Dieudonne. Vampire. ("Anno Dracula" by Kim Newman)

I get bitten by the poxy things all the time

Make sure you buy some of the spray and do

your room a few times a week.

I read this on the internet and it works.

Make a tea or a coffee put the hot spoon

on the bite within a minute or so it goes

The last one I had I put some deep heat cream

on it could not be arsed boiling a kettle that works

as well.Some of the tips from the website

http://tipnut.com/over-40-mosquito-bite-itch-relief-tips/

* Ice cube, ice pack or very cold water

* Nail Polish

* Strong tea mixed with rubbing alcohol

* Toothpaste

* Mouthwash

* Vinegar (apply directly to bite or take a hot bath with 2 cups of vinegar in the water)

* Honey

* Underarm deodorant (solid or roll-on) - apply directly to bite area

* Rubbing Alcohol

* Ammonia

* Bleach

* Tea: Use a hot tea bag or a cotton ball soaked in hot tea to dab on bite area

* Baking Soda & Water (works for me)

* Meat Tenderizer & Water

* Salt & Water

* Epsom Salt & Water (could also do this as a foot soak if it’s the ankle/foot area affected)

* Tums Tablets: crush and add a few drops of water

* Aspirin: crush then add a few drops of water

* Aspirin - crush then apply a few drops of rubbing alcohol

said you could not get it back home as there where a few chemicals in it that we aint alowed to use back home.

theres a reason for that, i think with anything we are not allowed back at home, we should find out why especially with long term daily use.

I will try the marmite therapy, and report on the results...

I enjoy marmite, so it won't be any great sacrifice

Murg

:D

I have already started having marmite on toast every morning, but don't tell whitespider, hopefully he wont notice his marmite slowing "evaporating"! :Bravo1:

So are they even a problem? I mean would you even notice them unless your in the jungle?

im thinking you havent been bitten much then?

Without a family a rich man is very poor

• 2 months later...

Medical Doc here:

None of the above therapies have been proven. Malaria and other mosquito bourne diseases are a big deal in parts of Thailand and you should see a travel doc or at least visit the CDC web site for Thailand if you are traveling outside the big cities as you are at risk in some places.

http://wwwn.cdc.gov/travel/destinationThailand.aspx

DEET is very safe and you will get maximum benefit from about 30%. Don't eat it or get it in your eyes, but on the skin it's fine. You should pretreat your clothes with permethrin (permethrin you keep off your skin) and that helps a lot. Use mosquito nets as much as you can. Finally if you are in a Malaria zone, you should consider seeing a doctor about Malaria prophylaxis. Not getting bitten in the first place is the best way to avoid Malaria, Dengue, Yellow fever, and a whole host of other nasties.

http://wwwn.cdc.gov/travel/contentMosquitoTick.aspx

http://www2.ncid.cdc.gov/travel/yb/utils/y...ssNav=browseoyb

Read in some travel book years ago; eat lots of lime. Limeade is one of the many ingrediants in most of the sprays and lotions. drink s angsom and soda with lime and chew on lime with my thai meals. Works for me. Always wear shorts with sneakers,golf socks and don't have a problem. When i remember i spray my knees down to my ankles with aproduct i take with me. Johnson Wax makes it: endbac II. It's great for cuts and scraps too. It's a disinfectant spray. Kills everything evil! You can spray down the sheets when you check in. Phones,toilets, door knobs,etc. Always take a few cans extra for my buds that live there. I swear; kills fuckin everything. Didn't know about it when i was married though.

• 2 weeks later...

The Marmite thing is the same as the vitamin B recommendation as Marmite is an extrememly rich source of Vitamin B

I am the type of guy who gets eaten alive by Mozzies in countries that do not have mozzies. I hate the sodding things.

Recently i eat Marmite, Take vitamin supplements, use a tropical version of Jungle formula extra strength (50% DEET), Deet wipes and finally Soltan suncare spray with built in insect repellant and wear long trousers of an evening with socks.

I can honestly say that whilst it takes me about 2 hours to put all of the damned stuff on and i weigh about 2 pound heavier, i do not get bitten anymore :GrinNod1: . ... I did forget to do it all one day and got about 8 bites in the space of an hour.

In any pharmacy you can get this stuff to put on the bites. Itching stops quickly and the bite is gone

next day. C'ant tell you the name, just tell them for mosquito. Comes in a small green +white tin.

All labeling in Thai. About 40bt.

hi

tiger balm works for me you can buy on the street or pharmacy, also mozies like the colour blue so wear other colours

i may have said this before(sory if i did)

1can

ps drink plenty of genniness(balls spelling has gone to pot)hic, as it has vit B in it