IGNORED

24 seven serviced apartment

jackiethai

24 7 Serviced Apartments Pattaya

Services: 24 seven serviced apartments offer the best value in town. All of the rooms are beautifully furnished. The apartments are located in South Pattaya main road within easy distance of all amenities. The well known ‘Walking Street is only a few minutes away by using the local cheap taxi service, or only a 10 minute walk. All room rentals once paid are final, there are no refunds.

pano2.jpg

Seems like good value! This business was up for sale a while back are you the new owner Jackiethai?

I would be careful about a place like this. If it was really that good, it would always be filled up. At the very least, I would want to see the room. Does the hotel have internet and elevators? How big is the room? How many channels on the TV? How much for utilities? Is there a safe?

Guys please be very careful with this 24/7 Apartments.

On Friday 29th January Welsh Wonder turned up here at about 9.30pm to be told that his room wasn't booked. People claiming not to know anything of the booking (which was made a good few weeks ago with confirming e-mails). Welsh Wonder can fill in the details of his traumatic experience with 24/7 upon his return to the UK but he was to all effects left high and dry by this place.

SteamingMad.gif I dont recommend anyone staying at this hotel imo, been comming to Patts many years and never have i been lied to and shafted big time and high and dry , the total aarogance of european owner and attitude of thai manager was beyond belief when confronted by written emails between parties for some months. Here are the facts which can be backed up by original emails between all parties i wont publish them on internet as i dont want too make him out a bigger dick head than he is but for those who find this situation unbelievable or disagree i will pm them.

1) sent email in October 2009 requesting room 401 or 402 there vip room with large balcony for 1 week 29th January 2010 onwards.

2) week later recieved email of owner confirning the room was avilable , and would i like it.

3) I immedaitly replied yes and offered to send him deposit by either pay pal or western union.

4) He replied as he had only just taken over the business he had nothing set up and trusted me to turn up.

5) I i replied thanking him for his trust and look forward to meeting him and my stay.

6) Wrote another email January to refresh his memory to all our prevoise emails and booking.

7) This time the thai manager replied and said evertything ok and see you on 29th January 2010.

Turned up on 29th Jan was told my room was booked to someone else and couldnt have it ?? and and they havent recieved any emails for the room by me ??? SteamingMad.gifSteamingMad.gif . so i then produced copies of all the emails from owner and manager and the manager totally denied that she sent them even thou she sent them herself SteamingMad.gif , then she rand the owner as she was losing face very quickly and faced with all the facts and my thai taxi driver who spoke excellent english was on the losing side. Owner comes on phone and i speak to him and he gives me some bullshite in Swedish or Norwegian fuck nows but all i could understand was room taken by customer SteamingMad.gifSteamingMad.gif .

So the end result was after 20 hours of travelling i was sat on the pavement at 23:00hrs tired , angry, no room and no apology from either manager or owner SteamingMad.gifSteamingMad.gif

I'd have put my bags down and settled down to sleep for the night right there in their lobby.

Do these kind of people never think about the power of the internet and how damaging it can be to their business?

I'm no lawyer, but in England i would think that an email confirming your booking but would be seen as a lawful contract against which you could claim damages if not fulfilled.

Hi

I stayed here at the start of december in room 401 i booked by phone with an american chap who met me on arrival.

I booked for a week and paid in full on arrival,he told me i have to pay for electric on top and said he was not sure how much it would be as i am his first customer who has stayed for a week.I felt like saying well divide your average monthly bill by 4 then there is your estimated week for electric.But when he said he is not sure how much i thought something was not write then.

Which turned out to be bulshit as i later seen on the forum that someone stayed for a week and did not pay for electric.

There was a thai guy in his office(must be jackie thai who started thread) when i booked in and he told my missus in thai that he had just bought the hotel.

The next day jackie was working in the shop on the ground floor and gave me a flyer for the hotel with his mobile number on the back and told me to phone him for future bookings.

I only stayed for 3 nights as i wanted to go to buriam to see my little boy.

When i told him i was checking out i was hoping he would not charge me for electric as i had paid for a week and knew there would be no refund on the room which is fair enough as it says no refunds on the website.

A thai women later knocked on my room and told my missus that the electric was 500 baht,well i was not impressed with that as it means if i stayed for a month it would be 5000 a month,the most i have ever paid in other hotels for a month was 2500 baht.I went downstairs to see him in the shop and asked him to check the meter as 500 was wrong,to which he replied ok will check again then i told him i have stayed in many different hotels and never paid that much for electric,he then said the previous owner(American)had not took a reading of the meter when i checked in,to be fair MAYBE he did not take a reading and he was telling the truth.

Twenty minutes later the thai lady came back to my room and told my missus 300 baht for the electric which i paid.

I know it was only 200 baht but the american had took the piss by saying i was the first to stay for a week when i was not and i was checking out after 3 days when i had paid for a week which is down to me for checking out early but i thought ripping me off on the electric was too much.

I would stay there again on a monthly basis but i would check the meter when i checked in.

Jackie you would do well if you did not charge for electric on a nightly or weekly basis as your rates are good.

The rooms are excellent value,but you need to honour your bookings and not sell the room for more money.

Welsh wonder i dont know where the norwegian or swedish guy comes in the owner was a yank maybe it was the thai owners friend(OR THE YANK PUTTING ON AN ACCENT) and they were taking the piss even more,why do thais run there buisness like this they only think of today most thais dont even think of tommorow let alone long term :GoldenSmile1:

I just wanted to add my personal experience to this "drama"...I have just stayed here for the last month, which I booked as a

"walk in", already being in Pattaya for a few days. I am sorry that it seems I "stole" somebody else's room which had been booked previously by Internet,of course I had NO WAY of knowing this, but let me tell you something "you should be THANKING yourself for not staying here", as I was ROBBED within the first week of staying here, losing my laptop, camera, external drive, flash drives and several pieces of expensive diving equipment, about US $3500 total.

Given the fact that the door was not forced/broken into, it clearly seems like an "inside job" however, to be fair I did leave a small bathroom window "cracked open" which a small person (or child) could have used (if he was boosted by another accomplice) to enter through, then opening the main door from the inside for the accomplice. it appears the robbers had considerable time to go through my things, so perhaps somebody was "watching" my comings and goings for a week before deciding to come in.

The Thai Manager was apologetic, but even after I went to the Soi 9 Police, nothing ever came of this. NO report was filed, NO camera tape was reviewed, so where was the so called "security"..??

Fortunately my important papers, cash, and credit cards were put into the safe, but actually the safe itself was NOT bolted to anything and could have easily been carried off and forced open at their leisure!

Basically, it appears it HAD to be some internal occupant, who already had access to the apartments, or the "security" door was inadvertently left open for an outside person to enter..again, if the "security" camera was working it would clearly show their face etc...

The Police would not do a routine check/questioning of the neighbors (which it appears were the culprits), and even after the robbery, the manager only agreed to bolt down the safe inside the wardrobe, and allow a pad-lock to be put on the outside door knob....he refused to allow me to move out (although I was willing to forfeit 2 weeks' rent even though I had stayed only 8 nights until the robbery) nor refund any of my deposit, citing the website terms. I got NO written report, and the Police stayed for perhaps 20 minutes and asked me to write an itemized list of things taken, which I immediately did. Just before leaving the Policeman said to me "Sorry" and handed me BACK the list! That was the extent of the "assistance" I received from the Pattaya Police!

So, I have had to "endure" living here for an additional 3 weeks' time, and being super careful with regard to security. Until now, I have not seen any camera footage, nor do I expect to do so.

From a practical standpoint, I found the room (402) to be OK in terms of size (it's their largest) but FAR too much street noise at all hours, plus the curtains allow a lot of light to enter, making sleeping rather difficult. If those points don't bother you, then it should be fine, but make SURE you lock ALL windows every time you leave the room! Take it from me, I learned the HARD way!

Lastly, I found I had to "chase down" the cleaning lady, just to get her to come and do her job (which she did rather poorly)...I did not get the promised number of room cleanings (2 per week), and the bathroom shower has NO partition or wall to keep the water from going everywhere while showering (wet toilet tissue!), but that's rather typical here, although not for a "farang standard" accommodation.

So, I cannot in good faith recommend this place, even though I stayed in the "best" room here. However, others may feel differently. I can only say that in 6 YEARS of living/working in SE Asia, this is the first time I have been victimized and the only "positive" I can take from this is at least I wasn't personally assaulted or harmed and it's only material things taken (but a LOT of personal data, photos etc.. that are irreplaceable), however, I believed I had a "reasonable expectation" of safety and security here. Unfortunately, that didn't turn out to be the case here.

I hope this lengthy account has helped some of you to make a decision.

I tried to stay there, but we had lots of problems, the farang owner, asked my GF for a fuck while I was out, despite me telling him, she was a long term GF.

wow i did say i would stay again no chance now,sorry to hear about your robbery that sucks.

Not sure whether you would have had more joy with tourist police.

If i ever had a problem like that i would contact tourist police they might pass you on to the police but the police dont like the tourist bib so maybe they would of done a bit more for you with the tourist police on the scene as well.

Were you insured?

wow i did say i would stay again no chance now,sorry to hear about your robbery that sucks.

Not sure whether you would have had more joy with tourist police.

If i ever had a problem like that i would contact tourist police they might pass you on to the police but the police dont like the tourist bib so maybe they would of done a bit more for you with the tourist police on the scene as well.

Were you insured?

RE: Hancock, sadly I had no insurance, I would have had to purchase a "rider" on my US Homeowner's Policy. Maybe something to consider though...

I DID call Tourist Police first, but of course they referred me to local Pattaya Police, which were basically useless, as you have already read.

From what they told me, I do not believe Tourist Police get involved with robberies, at least not "breaking and entering" crimes--NO idea about street thefts, pick-pocketing, etc...

this is worse than Basil Fawlty running the shop! jesus christ, asking your gf for a fuck when you duck out for a bit?

the nerve of some people, seriously :S

i will never stay here, that's for sure.

Sorry to hear of your problems,BM Tango was the former owner and was a good guy,had not heard he sold it off!!! Rooms Where nice and the Price was Right, but now to put up with the Electric Scams and the Scumbag thieves forget about it!!!! Leave through the lobby and climb back in threw the window and wait for the Miserable fucks behind the door with a Cricket bat!!!! :001_Thank_You5: Off my list for sure. Thanks for the info.

P.s: On a side note, Why does Thailand seem to chew up and spit out so many People? Everything is so cheap!!!

pabannerscaled.jpg

Never stand when you can sit, never sit when you can lie down, never stay awake when you can sleep.

(Murphy's Law Of Combat)

.he refused to allow me to move out (although I was willing to forfeit 2 weeks' rent even though I had stayed only 8 nights until the robbery)

I feel your pain both over your loss of belongings and the general diabolical management attitude. Cannot fathom though just why you would be so trusting as to leave such temptation visible in a cheap 3rd rate lodge!

How did he refuse to "Allow" you to move out?????? Why didn't you tell the Tourist Police that you were being held captive by these lowlifes, or better still just walk out!

I feel your pain both over your loss of belongings and the general diabolical management attitude. Cannot fathom though just why you would be so trusting as to leave such temptation visible in a cheap 3rd rate lodge!

How did he refuse to "Allow" you to move out?????? Why didn't you tell the Tourist Police that you were being held captive by these lowlifes, or better still just walk out!

Sorry I wasn't being accurate with my wording. I meant to express that UNLESS I was willing to forfeit the remaining 3 weeks rent I had paid in full, PLUS the THB3,000 deposit, I was "stuck" in that place for the remainder of the month period....

I don't know where you heard the Tourist Police get involved in such situations, but they WILL not mediate or otherwise become embroiled in this type of dispute.

Yes, I could have packed up and walked out, but since I had 3 weeks remaining I had paid for, AND the 3,000 deposit I felt compelled to stay the course.

Lastly, for ALL your collective info: I was charged THB 2,700 for 30 days of electric! For a studio apartment?? My friend's HOUSE has a lower electric bill. Of course, did I SEE a meter reading upon moving in...NO!!

So, I had to take them at their word, and pay up. I'm just delighted to be OUT of that nightmare!!

Sorry I wasn't being accurate with my wording. I meant to express that UNLESS I was willing to forfeit the remaining 3 weeks rent I had paid in full, PLUS the THB3,000 deposit, I was "stuck" in that place for the remainder of the month period....

I don't know where you heard the Tourist Police get involved in such situations, but they WILL not mediate or otherwise become embroiled in this type of dispute.

Yes, I could have packed up and walked out, but since I had 3 weeks remaining I had paid for, AND the 3,000 deposit I felt compelled to stay the course.

Lastly, for ALL your collective info: I was charged THB 2,700 for 30 days of electric! For a studio apartment?? My friend's HOUSE has a lower electric bill. Of course, did I SEE a meter reading upon moving in...NO!!

So, I had to take them at their word, and pay up. I'm just delighted to be OUT of that nightmare!!

Now you've corrected your post then yes I can see your predicament, as they say "Up to you"! If it had have been me and I could afford alternative digs then I eould have been out of that place immediately. IMHO the Electric charge was not excessive as they charge, I presume, at a far higher unit price than your mates house, a point you were aware of before you moved in.

Hope you enjoyed your trip in spite of this bad experience.

I would be careful about a place like this. If it was really that good, it would always be filled up. At the very least, I would want to see the room. Does the hotel have internet and elevators? How big is the room? How many channels on the TV? How much for utilities? Is there a safe?

Yes sir you are quite correct , all is not what it seems at this establishment Banghead2.gif

I'd have put my bags down and settled down to sleep for the night right there in their lobby.

Yeah i id sit down mate in lobby but to hold my head from exploding from all the lies and bullshite i was forced fed, but i am glad i didnt stay there now after hearing alot of horror stories about this place, just dont want any more bms having shit like this.

Do these kind of people never think about the power of the internet and how damaging it can be to their business?

the simple answer to this is NO, NO and NO.

I'm no lawyer, but in England i would think that an email confirming your booking but would be seen as a lawful contract against which you could claim damages if not fulfilled.

Yes i understand you sir and you are correct but unfortunately this is thailand so i smiled and walked away and cried instead because it was cheaper and less hassle .

Hi

I stayed here at the start of december in room 401 i booked by phone with an american chap who met me on arrival.

I booked for a week and paid in full on arrival,he told me i have to pay for electric on top and said he was not sure how much it would be as i am his first customer who has stayed for a week.I felt like saying well divide your average monthly bill by 4 then there is your estimated week for electric.But when he said he is not sure how much i thought something was not write then.

Which turned out to be bulshit as i later seen on the forum that someone stayed for a week and did not pay for electric.

There was a thai guy in his office(must be jackie thai who started thread) when i booked in and he told my missus in thai that he had just bought the hotel.

The next day jackie was working in the shop on the ground floor and gave me a flyer for the hotel with his mobile number on the back and told me to phone him for future bookings.

I only stayed for 3 nights as i wanted to go to buriam to see my little boy.

When i told him i was checking out i was hoping he would not charge me for electric as i had paid for a week and knew there would be no refund on the room which is fair enough as it says no refunds on the website.

A thai women later knocked on my room and told my missus that the electric was 500 baht,well i was not impressed with that as it means if i stayed for a month it would be 5000 a month,the most i have ever paid in other hotels for a month was 2500 baht.I went downstairs to see him in the shop and asked him to check the meter as 500 was wrong,to which he replied ok will check again then i told him i have stayed in many different hotels and never paid that much for electric,he then said the previous owner(American)had not took a reading of the meter when i checked in,to be fair MAYBE he did not take a reading and he was telling the truth.

Twenty minutes later the thai lady came back to my room and told my missus 300 baht for the electric which i paid.

I know it was only 200 baht but the american had took the piss by saying i was the first to stay for a week when i was not and i was checking out after 3 days when i had paid for a week which is down to me for checking out early but i thought ripping me off on the electric was too much.

I would stay there again on a monthly basis but i would check the meter when i checked in.

Jackie you would do well if you did not charge for electric on a nightly or weekly basis as your rates are good.

The rooms are excellent value,but you need to honour your bookings and not sell the room for more money.

Welsh wonder i dont know where the norwegian or swedish guy comes in the owner was a yank maybe it was the thai owners friend(OR THE YANK PUTTING ON AN ACCENT) and they were taking the piss even more,why do thais run there buisness like this they only think of today most thais dont even think of tommorow let alone long term Banghead2.gif

thanks mate, sorry to hear your haslle

I just wanted to add my personal experience to this "drama"...I have just stayed here for the last month, which I booked as a

"walk in", already being in Pattaya for a few days. I am sorry that it seems I "stole" somebody else's room which had been booked previously by Internet,of course I had NO WAY of knowing this, but let me tell you something "you should be THANKING yourself for not staying here", as I was ROBBED within the first week of staying here, losing my laptop, camera, external drive, flash drives and several pieces of expensive diving equipment, about US $3500 total.

Given the fact that the door was not forced/broken into, it clearly seems like an "inside job" however, to be fair I did leave a small bathroom window "cracked open" which a small person (or child) could have used (if he was boosted by another accomplice) to enter through, then opening the main door from the inside for the accomplice. it appears the robbers had considerable time to go through my things, so perhaps somebody was "watching" my comings and goings for a week before deciding to come in.

The Thai Manager was apologetic, but even after I went to the Soi 9 Police, nothing ever came of this. NO report was filed, NO camera tape was reviewed, so where was the so called "security"..??

Fortunately my important papers, cash, and credit cards were put into the safe, but actually the safe itself was NOT bolted to anything and could have easily been carried off and forced open at their leisure!

Basically, it appears it HAD to be some internal occupant, who already had access to the apartments, or the "security" door was inadvertently left open for an outside person to enter..again, if the "security" camera was working it would clearly show their face etc...

The Police would not do a routine check/questioning of the neighbors (which it appears were the culprits), and even after the robbery, the manager only agreed to bolt down the safe inside the wardrobe, and allow a pad-lock to be put on the outside door knob....he refused to allow me to move out (although I was willing to forfeit 2 weeks' rent even though I had stayed only 8 nights until the robbery) nor refund any of my deposit, citing the website terms. I got NO written report, and the Police stayed for perhaps 20 minutes and asked me to write an itemized list of things taken, which I immediately did. Just before leaving the Policeman said to me "Sorry" and handed me BACK the list! That was the extent of the "assistance" I received from the Pattaya Police!

So, I have had to "endure" living here for an additional 3 weeks' time, and being super careful with regard to security. Until now, I have not seen any camera footage, nor do I expect to do so.

From a practical standpoint, I found the room (402) to be OK in terms of size (it's their largest) but FAR too much street noise at all hours, plus the curtains allow a lot of light to enter, making sleeping rather difficult. If those points don't bother you, then it should be fine, but make SURE you lock ALL windows every time you leave the room! Take it from me, I learned the HARD way!

Lastly, I found I had to "chase down" the cleaning lady, just to get her to come and do her job (which she did rather poorly)...I did not get the promised number of room cleanings (2 per week), and the bathroom shower has NO partition or wall to keep the water from going everywhere while showering (wet toilet tissue!), but that's rather typical here, although not for a "farang standard" accommodation.

So, I cannot in good faith recommend this place, even though I stayed in the "best" room here. However, others may feel differently. I can only say that in 6 YEARS of living/working in SE Asia, this is the first time I have been victimized and the only "positive" I can take from this is at least I wasn't personally assaulted or harmed and it's only material things taken (but a LOT of personal data, photos etc.. that are irreplaceable), however, I believed I had a "reasonable expectation" of safety and security here. Unfortunately, that didn't turn out to be the case here.

I hope this lengthy account has helped some of you to make a decision.

wow you did have a bad time , sorry to hear about th problems you had mate, that could have been me , not your fault about the room mate it was th greedy thai manager out for more bucks, up to him. this has damaged his business alot more than mine.

im definitley not staying there.

5555 good choice mate plenty of other places to stay.

I tried to stay there, but we had lots of problems, the farang owner, asked my GF for a fuck while I was out, despite me telling him, she was a long term GF.

A farange owner wanting to fuck a paying customrs longtime gf ????? that about sums up his business skills . Hey Bry i would have knocked him out cold the cheeky little twat.

this is worse than Basil Fawlty running the shop! jesus christ, asking your gf for a fuck when you duck out for a bit?

the nerve of some people, seriously :S

i will never stay here, that's for sure.

This place is worse than Faulty Towers mate , the comments i have heard around town of past customers say only one thing about this place NEVER AGAIN.

• 2 weeks later...

Now, The owner is changing. The US owner who asked your gf were not working here anymore. I will improve this place. Sorry about everything. I'm a new manager. I will not give up. Thank you for your all comments. It's ok. I will build my customers again. Give me time.

Archived