IGNORED

Eva Air?

stanger69

Living in Toronto I'd never flown nor even really heard of Eva Air?

But now I see that they are beginning service to Asia from Toronto at the end of March.

They are quoting YYZ to BKK for an introductory price of $1025 CAN !!! Wow, good price.

What is this airline like and where are they from?

Edited by stanger69

They are from Taiwan and are the only airline i fly with now (Great service, New planes)!! London-Bangkok

I flew with them about 10 years ago from Brisbane to New Zealand. Service and planes excellent so go for it.

Always fly with them London to BKK , great planes, great service , great price. So far, only female cabin crew, which deserves support I feel.

I fly them a lot on the LAX-BKK route, with a connection through Taipei, which is home to EVA. I've always found them to be a very good airline. Mostly newer aircraft on that route, good service, good prices. The food is generally really, really terrible though, but as is most airline food. The biz class seats are very good - with lots of room, the premium economy seats offer less room than Thai Air (especially on the new planes), and the economy seats are pretty much the same as any.

Don't have anything really bad to say about them, I would recommend them for the routes I fly. I think they would be well worth a try on another route.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enoughâ€

“If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?â€

Albert Einstein

Business partner flies them to Taiwan and has good things to say about their service.

They offer a "premium" class that is between economy and business (forget what it's called) -- a little more room, but not the price and upgrade of full-blown business class. If not for the fact that Thai flies non-stop from LAX to BKK, EVA would most likely be my choice,

EVA is a good airline to Bangkok. They have a "Premium Economy" class which was great when they were flying 747's but now with their new 777's there is less difference between the Economy and Premium Economy (Elite) to justify the seemingly ever increasing extra cost. IMHO

"Life is hard; its harder if you're stupid" - EC

Hey dude, thats one amazing price from Toronto

I'd say get it while you can, it's some sorta promo splash for sure.

Eva's a very good airline in my opinion. Good service, great membership club, and very good planes.

Pop some Ambien for the portion to Taipei, one long flight.

Cheers

HD

My last report - I swore I wasn't coming back

I used EVA in October 2008. They were very good in every dept. Also food wasn't too bad.

I have booked them again for my trip next month. London - Bangkok.

Tony

I always use EVA when flying back and forth to the US from Asia. Great service, excellent food, and great looking staff, never a disappointment honestly.

You certainly good do a hell of a lot worse!

Moving this the the transport section.

The only time I would not fly with them is if Thai airways was significantly cheaper

Ive flown with eva over 30 times never had a problem and always found the ticket price resonable .

As others have said Eva are a good airline flowen with them 5 times now.

Good price and direct from London.

Will use them again no problem

www.lcfc.com

www.leicestertigers.com

Posted Image

CountdownClockCodes.com

Living in Toronto I'd never flown nor even really heard of Eva Air?

But now I see that they are beginning service to Asia from Toronto at the end of March.

They are quoting YYZ to BKK for an introductory price of $1025 CAN !!! Wow, good price.

What is this airline like and where are they from?

I just booked the same flight yyz to bkk for about 1264 CAD taxes in (1025 base). Heading over in April for a few weeks. It was about $350 CAD cheaper than Cathay Pacific.

Giggity...

Darth-Slinky.

They are from Taiwan and are the only airline i fly with now (Great service, New planes)!! London-Bangkok

I thought EVA was Australian. Have I been mistaken. It is indeed a very good airline, usually with good prices.

I thought EVA was Australian. Have I been mistaken. It is indeed a very good airline, usually with good prices.

Yes, you are mistaken

for me and i fly to thailand 3 times a year its alway eva for me , its not just the flights are very good but the after care changing tickets ect .any probs i have had they have been very very helpfull. i would never go thai airways anymore they have gone down hill so much in the last few years from the best to now being so bad old planes. ect

Definitely my airline of choice at the moment from London to Bangkok. The check in is sometimes a bit ropey and I've been double booked/allocated the wrong seat a couple of times, but once in a seat on the plane a great experience:

up to date and extensive in flight entertainment

decent leg room

pretty good food

lovely stewardesses (one on my last flight was as good looking a girl as you could hope to see - I was salivating).

Unfortunately next trip is with Thai, who I can only hope have improved markedly.

O

Eva are from Taiwan

www.lcfc.com

www.leicestertigers.com

Posted Image

CountdownClockCodes.com

great in-flight entertainment, great food and nice staff my airline of preference when flying to thailand.

Have to agree with all the positive comments.

Flown with Eva 7 or 8 times now. Have also flown with BA,Thai.

Eva always the first choice, I'll only do thai if they are very much cheaper or Eva unavailable.

Inflight entertainment great. Food acceptable. Nice and clean, new planes, and nearly all of the time I've managed to get the best prices ( with a bit of shopping around, juggling dates sometimes etc..)

Highly recommend them.