IGNORED

A Quality English Breakfast

denuk2003

I personally eat breakfast at Heaven resturant in Soi 13. Very good english breakfast, and affordable. Also good speed free Wifi connection when you dine there. Breakfast is open to 14.00 i think.

Inside me is an thin little boy, screeming to come out. Most of the time i get him to shut up with an biscuit!

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="100" width="200" data="http://www.usflashmap.com/component/cdt_new/cdt2_2.swf">'>http://www.usflashmap.com/component/cdt_new/cdt2_2.swf">

<param name="movie" value="http://www.usflashmap.com/component/cdt_new/cdt2_2.swf" />

<param name="base" value="http://www.usflashmap.com/component/cdt_new/" />

<param name="flashvars" value="

&timer=2&

&time_template=3:ss;2:mm;1:hh;0:dd&

&time_color=0x000000&

&label_color=0x000000&

&background_color=0xDCDFCA&

&flare_view=true&

&time_label=d:DAY;h:HOUR;m:MIN;s:SEC&

&time_zone=(GMT +07:00) Bangkok, Hanoi, Jakarta&

&event_time=year:2010;month:3;day:19;hour:0;minute:0;seconds:0&

&event_duration=year:0;month:0;day:0;hour:0;minute:0;seconds:0&

&event_recursion=no&

&onpress_url=-&

&event_onpress_url=-&

&title=When i come Patts :-)&

&event_title=When i come Patts&

&sound_file=-&

&event_sound_file=-&

&transparent=false&

" />

<param name="quality" value="high" />

<param name="wmode" value="transparent" />

<param name="scale" value="noscale" />

<param name="salign" value="lt" />

</object>

I go to the Ritz down Soi Yamato (13/1) just next to second rd. Full English for 170 bt with mug of coffee/T. Spotlessly clean inside with English theme/newspapers to pick up as well. Truly damn good value.

I am with you on that,used to go to crazy daves then canterbury,but always go to the ritz now much better breckie imo better sausage and bread and more filling only mushrooms let it down but same every where i think they use tinned mushrooms.Also has aircon if you like to eat breckie in the afternoon.

• 2 weeks later...

Le Katai in Soi Lengkee do a good English for 100baht, you can order mushrooms etc at extra cost..

They also have newspapers (Daily Mail and Evening Standard).

The waitresses in their white shirts and black skirts are an added attraction.. :)

• 3 weeks later...

personally avoid butchers arms and crazy daves.

go for canterbury tales cafe, next door to crazy daves... 15 baht more but thats only 90baht. proper english bacon sausage beans etc. plus orange juice. friendly host cant go wrong.

cant comment on witherspoons

pig and whistle nice but pricey

also the queen vic on soi 6 isnt the worst

Good info

I usually us the continental Bakert or Chow Soy Restaurant. Both excellnt quality andvalue. For a change i checked out the Flipper Lodge's, Soi 8, 129 baht buffet breakfast. Yoy won't get a full english but there's sausage, bacon, beans, fried bread, toast, jam marmalade, an egg-station where they cook your choice to order, and tomatoes. There is also cereal, fresh milk, fruit, a selection of fruit juices, salad, afew pastries, and Asian breakfast stuff, together with unlimited tea and coffee. It's very good and great value.

What shocked me about it is that it is open from 7am to 1pm! Basically, you can turn up with your papers and sit there for the whole morning, slowly eating and drinking to your hearts content, for next to nothing. You can also choose to sit inside with air-con, or outside on a shaded terrace overlooking the Soi and watch the street life.. It's a very good and economical way to spend a lazy morning.

Worth checking

Pussy is sweet,

but so is honey.

So beat your meat,

and save your money.

I concur with chow soy (opposite Canterbury Tales) .. excellent breakfast and good value with a large mug of tea! .. and air con so you dont overheat :)

O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes I agree that the Breakfast at Chow Soy on Soi Chaiyapoon off Soi Buakhao is one I go back to time and time again. The staff are friendly, so is the owner, it has inside aircon and outside for the smokers. The portions are generous and of high quality. Also they have Thai food for your lady.