IGNORED

A Quality English Breakfast

denuk2003

Hi Everybody

What I am looking for is a quality English breakfast. For example:

Fresh fried eggs - not swimming in oil and/or badly burnt underneath.

Or fresh scrambled eggs - not dried out or runny.

Quality sausages - not a roll of seasoned breadcrumbs dipped in animal fat and covered in a plastic skin.

Real bacon - not something that tastes like it contains the recommended adult salt intake for 2 weeks.

Properly cooked mushrooms - not saggy because they have been soaked in oil.

Baked beans that are heated up - not cooked.

If you know of any places in Pattaya where I can get a quality English breakfast then please let me know.

Thanks

Den

the pig and whistle on soi 7 might meet your standards, a little pricey at about 200 baht i think, but its good! theres a few places around, keep your eyes open when your walking round! i ate in crazy daves on soi chaipoon alot last trip, 75 baht for a breakfast, not the highest quality but definately not complaining at that price!

Hi Everybody

What I am looking for is a quality English breakfast. For example:

Fresh fried eggs - not swimming in oil and/or badly burnt underneath.

Or fresh scrambled eggs - not dried out or runny.

Quality sausages - not a roll of seasoned breadcrumbs dipped in animal fat and covered in a plastic skin.

Real bacon - not something that tastes like it contains the recommended adult salt intake for 2 weeks.

Properly cooked mushrooms - not saggy because they have been soaked in oil.

Baked beans that are heated up - not cooked.

If you know of any places in Pattaya where I can get a quality English breakfast then please let me know.

Thanks

Den

Queen vic / Soi 6

personally avoid butchers arms and crazy daves.

go for canterbury tales cafe, next door to crazy daves... 15 baht more but thats only 90baht. proper english bacon sausage beans etc. plus orange juice. friendly host cant go wrong.

cant comment on witherspoons

pig and whistle nice but pricey

also the Queen vic on Soi 6 isnt the worst

"There's plenty more prostitutes in Pattaya" ©2012™

"Only Newbies go home when planned" ©2012

"I don't run a gogo, i run a dance academy" Â©2014

"Sauna and milkshakes a winning combination" Â©2015

Facebook Group ::: Pattaya Bar Crawls and Parties

Try Robin's Nest on Soi Diana. I had the full english there 3-4 times last trip. Tastes great when I wake-up at 4pm.

Cheers

Sportsman's Pub on Soi 13. Great brecky for 180 baht, plus a refill tea/coffee.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Pig n Whistle and Robin's Nest. I have had a good quality breakfast at both on several occasions.

I'm still looking for a real American breakfast anywhere in LOS, but the English breakfast at these places is as close as I've found, and they are almost the same anyway. I would recommend either one.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enoughâ€

“If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?â€

Albert Einstein

Shennigans has the best breakfast in Patts IMHO, 160 baht and includes 2 cups of coffee. Pig & Whistle is very good, too.

Retired

Seems like in the vicinity of Soi7 you couldn't throw a rock without hitting a place advertising an "English" breakfast. Ate at a few of them, they seemed okay by me, except for the sausage - they looked and tasted like hot-dogs.

Not to start a row about breakfast's, there's not much difference after all... ;-) but I had a hard time finding a decent "American" style breakfast - Eggs, bacon, sausage, fried potato and toast with butter and jelly - somewhat similar to a Denny's.

But, I finally found a place that served a decent breakfast at the Welkom Inn on Soi3. Although I've forgotten exactly how much it was, I think was under 200baht.

Edited by buddyedgewood
If you want a better experience with your "date"... read, learn, live the following:

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/22263-vetting-bar-girls-and-how-to-pass-their-own-vett

The Continental Bakery just off of soi Chayapoon, turn left b4 Canterbury tales, is excellent.

The breakfast menu is over 6 pages long and quality is top shelf. Whatever you're looking for you'll find it there. You can also mix and match from the numerous set brekkies they have, and the bread is the best in Patts.

I go for fish cake, kippers, scrambled eggs, and hash brown. All the necassary sauces are also avbl.

Pussy is sweet,

but so is honey.

So beat your meat,

and save your money.

personally avoid butchers arms and crazy daves.

go for canterbury tales cafe, next door to crazy daves... 15 baht more but thats only 90baht. proper english bacon sausage beans etc. plus orange juice. friendly host cant go wrong.

cant comment on witherspoons

pig and whistle nice but pricey

also the queen vic on soi 6 isnt the worst

:Awesome:

I go to the Ritz down Soi Yamato (13/1) just next to second rd. Full English for 170 bt with mug of coffee/T. Spotlessly clean inside with English theme/newspapers to pick up as well. Truly damn good value.

I ate at both pig and canterbury in november. i like both breakfasts. neither were perfect (for me). the only diff i remember is price and the sausages (pig has proper fancy ones. i'm happy with down market ones. as long as thyere not frankfurter ones.) canterbury was best value. i think i immediately ordered another one. one thing i never understand is orange juice with breakfast, this is a continental thing not english. only english boarding houses did it in the 70's. orange juice doubles your stomach acid. so does coffee. having both makes no sense. i liked canterbury's vibe but not pig's. wouldn't go there again.

[edit: oh and one had gammon-ish bacon. i prefer proper bacon even cheap cut]

Edited by MONOCHROMEMAN

I ate at both pig and canterbury in november. i like both breakfasts. neither were perfect (for me). the only diff i remember is price and the sausages (pig has proper fancy ones. i'm happy with down market ones. as long as thyere not frankfurter ones.) canterbury was best value. i think i immediately ordered another one. one thing i never understand is orange juice with breakfast, this is a continental thing not english. only english boarding houses did it in the 70's. orange juice doubles your stomach acid. so does coffee. having both makes no sense. i liked canterbury's vibe but not pig's. wouldn't go there again.

[edit: oh and one had gammon-ish bacon. i prefer proper bacon even cheap cut]

I had a breakfast once in Canterbury Tales and asked for no ice in the OJ. They charged me an extra 10 baht! When I questioned the additional charge the waitress told me that it was for the extra orange juice that the ice would have displaced! This 10 baht surcharge correspondingly replaced their tip.

Edited by yogi100

O'Gara's Up on Pratamnuck Hill does a good breakfast for 95Baht. Includes unlimited coffee refills.

grit

Sweetheart bar at soi berhaow owned by London guy, Robbie, made good breakfast , Good laugh from Robbie too.. And Chow Soy Restaurants across the road from canterbury cafe at Soi Chaipoon, If near the beach, try Lewinsky hotel at soi 18 or 19, for A nice bacon and egg sandwiche

Pig n Whistle and Robin's Nest. I have had a good quality breakfast at both on several occasions.

I'm still looking for a real American breakfast anywhere in LOS, but the English breakfast at these places is as close as I've found, and they are almost the same anyway. I would recommend either one.

i thought for an american breakfast you just got an english one and covered it in sugar and cinnamon.. :Jump_Drool:

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

Loads of good brekkies in Pattaya area - loads of shite ones too.

Ace cafe Jomtien is my favourite in the immediate area.

One small cafe in Bang Saray actually does possibly the best English I have evern had anywhere - not worth a 20km trip probably though but at least it helps answer your question.

Secret for me is in the sausage and bacon - too many places skrimp on these but find a good one and they can be just like home - why not? You dont need to be Marco Pierrwotzisname to do a fry up.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

I had a breakfast once in Canterbury Tales and asked for no ice in the OJ. They charged me an extra 10 baht! When I questioned the additional charge the waitress told me that it was for the extra orange juice that the ice would have displaced! This 10 baht surcharge correspondingly replaced their tip.

I have to question this one, I cant imagine any of my staff speaking good enough English to be able to tell you that maybe you were charged 10 baht for an extra slice of toast or something because they would absolutely not charge 10 baht for no ice, there may have also been a mistake but that displaced ice would not happen.

Edited by Daveo

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Hi Dave,

Can I have a discount on my room during my months stay.

I'm a pretty big guy & therefore will displace some of the room, making it smaller.

What's the rental value per M^2 in Soi Chayapoon these days? :22600584-Th:

I cant imagine any of my staff speaking good enough English...

Maybe one day Dave, maybe one day.

Only messing matey. See you soon for one of your 'hearty' breakfasts. :question1:

A Canterbury's breakfast a day, keeps the doctor in pay. :MonkeyFight:

Peace. :LMFAO:

sgu_banner.gif

...............One small cafe in Bang Saray actually does possibly the best English I have evern had anywhere - not worth a 20km trip probably though but at least it helps answer your question.

For those who might want to try, could you say where it is - My Pitstop, Tiger Expats or where?

When I first read the OP's Q I assumed he was about to open a new restaurant, because I have rarely found a breakfst to meet his spec' in Pattaya, even at the good ones mentioned above.

The budget suggestions won't meet his criteria, albeit they may be good value for money.

Pig & Whistle and Rosie O'Grady's are OK.

Consistency is always a big problem.