IGNORED

Great sunset restaurant

I ran into a great little place out by the Lighthouse. It is quiet, right on the water and serves decent Thai food (no western food). Really great place to catch a sunset (aside from the beer garden). They play soft music and you can hear the water break on the rocks. Small beer appx 60 baht. Large beer appx 90 baht. It is a bit of a stroll but I like to walk so was not a problem for me. Very few vendors venture out this far. As a matter of fact, the only one I did see was a lottery ticket lady in about 2.5 hours that I spent there. Thais made up the majority of the customers but the place was not exactly cheap. No girls working the area or the restaurant as far as I could tell so bring your favorite Tilac along for a quiet evening. Tables are outside with plenty of umbrellas. No inside seating or air condition. Western toilet if needed.

If you walk head down Walking Street to Bali Hi pier and keep going. Stay to the right and follow the road along the water to the Light House. Just beyond the Light House is the restaurant. If you go a touch further there is another restaurant that takes credit cards so I assume they charge farang prices and are quite busy at night with the tourists staying on Pratumnak Hill (have never been there only saw it passing by).

Nice place to go to watch the sun go down. And they sell Beer Lao. biggrin.gif

Al.

Yes, I have been there a few times and its nice and quiet and away from all the noise. Great view of the sunset. Prices are a little steep but the ambiance is great.

" Duct tape turns, "No...No...No..." into "Mmmm Mmmmm Mmmmm" - Anon

I'll see what I can do. Any particular item or do you want the entire menu? I think overall they are a little pricy but its a nice place to take your TGF.

Bali Hi Sunset, very popular with Thai folks and a few Farang. Good Thai food with prices to match. Parking can be difficult at times but its a great spot to sit with your lady and enjoy quality Thai food in a sweet environment that allows for soft talk. Limited in their selection alcoholic beverages though.

I'll see what I can do. Any particular item or do you want the entire menu? I think overall they are a little pricy but its a nice place to take your TGF.

lol just what you ate would be fine.

cheers

• 3 weeks later...

lol just what you ate would be fine.

cheers

I'm hoping to be back in Thailand in a few weeks. I'll check on that then. I kind of got "Thai'd Up" on my last trip. Hahah.