IGNORED

iphone

pjc12344

Not sure if I posted in the right section.

I have an iphone 3GS.

Which is the best pre-paid sim to get to take advantage of wireless internet?

I believe 3G still is not available in pattaya but edge is.

Dtac sim looks ok but expires after 30days.

Not sure if I posted in the right section.

I have an iphone 3GS.

Which is the best pre-paid sim to get to take advantage of wireless internet?

I believe 3G still is not available in pattaya but edge is.

Dtac sim looks ok but expires after 30days.

What do you mean by wireless internet? if its wifi your talking about then it wont matter which sim you use as you will be using the wifi connection and not the phone's,when i was there over christmas i used a dtac sim and i never used the internet on it so i dont know what the data pricing is,but i did use the wifi everyday without any problems..also the dtac sim doesn't expire after 30 days i have being using the same sim there for the last 3 trips.

Sorry maybe I should use the term mobile internet.

The type over the mobile network itself.

So yes using the sim with a data alotment.

I believe with one-2-call you can buy the sim, add credit and then call their cust serv and ask to buy pay as you go data credit. They will then transfer part of the existing credit to pay for internet usage. If you buy in larger bundles then the cheaper the internet usage. i think i paid 1bht a min to surf using my mobile...but wasnt an iphone. Hope thats the info you wanted....

• 1 month later...

Cheers yes that helped. :Brain_Fart:

I found the best sim for the iphone is the DTAC/Happy "simple sim". It cost 49 baht (which includes 15 baht credit), and it does not expire for 12 months after you top up. With happy, you can get unlimited edge/date for 49 baht/day, 249/week, or 999/month (I think if you do post-paid it is cheaper). That allows you to keep your iphone connected all of the time just like you would at home. You can also tether your iphone to your computer, and use it as a wireless modem. I went to a DTAC store and the guy set up my iphone with the data plan in under 5 minutes. So for 300 baht, I had unlimited data on my iphone for a week, as well as 15 minutes worth of talk time.