Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Family Dilemma

jocky king

I have three daughters, They know I always go to Thailand for holidays every year.. I do bring them to Spain for holidays all through their lives. They asked me few years ago, where my condo based in Thailand, I said Jomtien, One said to me , Is that far from sleazy Pattaya, I told a white lie, no no,a hundreds miles away. Now I have a big problem, eldest daughter wants to come with me this year for my 50th birthday with her boyfriend . I dont want her to come to where my condo is because She disgusted at sleazy city. As people always say the truth always comes out in the end. Now I have to sort out that problem. Phew. What do you suggest guys.

Edited by jocky king

"I got an offer I couldn't refuse so I sold my condo, sorry sweetheart, why don't we go to (insert other place in Thailand here)"

Aâ™  If you're gonna be dumb you gotta be tough

my tuppence worth....

assuming that your condo is not on the top floor, spin a yarn about yours being flooded, badly flooded by the unoccupied upstairs condo . the damage is extensive and you hope that everyone concerned is insured properly. however as the months pass you realise that upstairs condo"s insurers and the property management"s insurance people are in a legal tussle over the incident and as a result you cannot refurbish until the issues are resolved. TIT. :D:4::GoldenSmile1:

regards , from the south east !!

i have similar problem i raise a 14 year old grandson he wants to come to thailand with me on my next trip (no frigging way is that going to happen ) he has been to bkk it was part of a extended stop over (48 hours ) late last year ,he loves the thai food ( stayed at mates place mates mrs took him to see the watts etc )

rent a condo in hua hin and when she asks, "i thought u lived in jomtien?" you can say to her, " no, u must have heard wrong darling, HUA HIN, unless i said the other side of the gulf of thailand, opposite jomtien"

good luck

"I got an offer I couldn't refuse so I sold my condo, sorry sweetheart, why don't we go to (insert other place in Thailand here)"

Sounds like she's onto your scam. It's going to cost a bucket full of cash to keep her quiet.

Kids aren't silly these days, one quick look at google earth and your busted.

Tell her you have sold up and take her and the boyfriend to where she really wants to go.

Hopefully it will keep the peace.

Hello:

From the sound of it the kids are grown-up and almost certainly know the deal anyway. I would just sit her down and tell her the truth, I dont think at 50 I would lie to my children over something adult like this......my two cents

Ronbo

<p><strong><span style="font-size:18px;">China! Because they are kicking our asses anyway so might as well enjoy the pussy!</strong></span><br />

<br />

<span style="font-size:14px;">My life in China and SEA<a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/54464-ronbo-on-tour-in-china/'> http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/54464-ronbo-on-tour-in-china/</a></span></p><p><span style="font-size:14px;">Team Atrocity 2013<a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/138439-team-atrocity-2013its-on/'> http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/138439-team-atrocity-2013its-on/</a></span></p><p><span style="font-size:14px;">Team Atrocity 2012<a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/97919-team-atrocity-2012/'> http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/97919-team-atrocity-2012/</a></span></p><p> </p><p><span style="font-size:18px;"><strong>I LOVE VORTEX :Grin3:</strong></span><span style="font-size:18px;"><strong> </strong></span></p><p> 

Obviously she has heard about pattaya,and now will google Jomtien.Once she sees on google maps the distance your are screwed.Option a) is to tell her you meant Hua Hin as alop suggested or b)tell her the truth.She will find out otherwise.

Explain to her that there are places like Pattaya all over the world and you do not visit thailand for that reason.Take them to Pattaya but do the touristy things,IE island visits,tiger shows,tiffany show,shopping.Good luck

hi jk i took my son and daughter christmas/newyear 08/09 and they loved it.

but at the time they were 18 and 20 and we were with the wifes family in nakonsawan,

but we did spend about a week based in patts with day trips out elephant rides and wats etc,

i took them to walking st one night but we went as a family and had a meal in marine foods about 15 of us

we never went to the gogos but had a drink in a few different bars.

my sister inlaw has appartments in soi diana and this is where we stayed,

i tried to make the big meal with family every night the main focus of the evening,

now my kids were born and reared near london so they are probebly a little more broad minded than

children in the south east of ireland,no offence ment.

the moral of this is they loved it and want to go again.all the best fred..

Thanks everybody for good suggestions and some banter. I have to decide which options I should take.. My Daughter is anti-sleaze through and through, One is right about google map search of Jomtien, Luckily she dont surf the net as much, only seldom, facebook is all she interested in.. Anyway, I think I gotta face the music and dance :D rather lying to my teeth til my dying days. Thanks everybody. :Thanks3: