Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

For those who have herpes

THguypattaya

So I got genital herpes and for those who also got it, what precaution do you take before going to Pattaya? I believe it's much easier to catch another STD and HIV if you got herpes, and you don't know if you have the outbreak since it happens before it's too late? Ya I always use a condom except oral sex and hand job, but risk is still much higher for us? I guess just to to make sure I ain't stressed out before going there

So if you got an outbreak during the trip, go to doc get some meds and how many days later can you continue your trip with the girls?

First year it was bad, when I was stressed out or didn't get enough sleep I will get the symptoms, but for the last 3 years it was all fine even if I was really stressed out for a long time or didn't sleep, I was wondering how come it didn't come back maybe my immune system right now is just too good or something?and later when we get older...will it be much worse? I guess it probably will since immune system will get weaker...but just take meds I guess

Edited by ironfist

• 4 weeks later...

Be aware, you can spread herpes even if you do not have any symptoms. Also, yes, your condition does make catching STD's easier. I would suggest you talk to your doctor about what you can expect and what precautions you should take to keep from infecting others.

Hey mate

Im the same i wear a condom for sex but not for oral

When you say some times when stressed or tired you seem to have an out break and for the last three years it was all good, just interested to know what sort of symptoms do you show during an outbreak and how do you treat it???

Just want to know what to look out for?????

man you guys need to read up in google. type in herpes and read up bros.

i think herpes lessen as time goes by.. you still have the system from time to time. but it get less after each year i believe. the first year is always the worst. then it gets better. but it will never go away..ever.....

• Like 2

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

i dont think u should be going to pattaya if u have herpes/..... u can fucking infect hella people

• Like 1

Genital herpes is a common, highly infectious disease caused by a virus. It is transmitted from one person to another during sexual activity. Genital herpes causes blisters or groups of small ulcers (open sores) on and around the genitals in both men and women. Genital herpes cannot be cured; however, there are medications that can be prescribed to treat outbreaks and minimize the symptoms.

Genital herpes is extremely widespread, largely because it is so contagious. Carriers can transmit the disease without having any symptoms of an active infection.

At least 45 million Americans are known to be infected with the genital herpes virus, with approximately one million new infections each year. As many as 80%-90% of those infected fail to recognize genital herpes symptoms or have no symptoms at all.

Genital herpes is spread by direct contact with an infected person. Sexual intercourse and oral sex are the most common methods of spreading genital herpes. Any type of skin-to-skin contact, however, is capable of spreading herpes.

People with herpes may spread the disease even if they do not realize they have an infection. Furthermore, there is strong evidence that people with herpes can transmit infection even while their disease appears to be inactive and no sores can be visibly seen. Indeed it is believed that Herpes can be 'shedding' for up to 3 days before any indication of an attack and up to 4 days after the last signs of an attack.

Many people remember having an episode of genital herpes when it occurs. But as many as 90% of those infected fail to recognize the symptoms or have no symptoms at all. It is not clear whether these people never had an initial herpes outbreak or whether they never noticed a mild infection. In these individuals genital herpes is still contagious, and they may have additional outbreaks.

The Symptoms/Signs of genital herpes tend to develop within three to seven days of skin-to-skin contact with an infected person. Genital herpes infections look like small blisters or ulcers (round areas of broken skin) on the genitals. Each blister or ulcer is typically only 1 to 3 millimeters (1/32 inch to 1/8th inch) in size, and the blisters or ulcers tend to be grouped into "crops." Usually the blisters form first, then soon open to form ulcers. Herpes infections may be painless or slightly tender. In some people, however, the blisters or ulcers can be very tender and painful.

In men they tend to be located on or around the Penis, whilst in women, the lesions may be visible outside the vagina but commonly occur inside the vagina where they can cause discomfort or Vagina discharge but cannot be seen except during a doctor's examination.

Treatment with medication is effective in shortening the initial outbreak of the infection and lowers the chance that the infection will come back, making any later outbreaks less severe.

There are similar antiviral drugs available for the treatment of genital herpes infection, These antiviral medications vary in cost and how often they should be taken. All should be taken for 7-10 days. The patient's doctor may extend the course of therapy if ulcers have not healed in 10 days. Examples of these antiviral medications include:

acyclovir (Zovirax),

famciclovir (Famvir),

valacyclovir (Valtrex).

If getting frequent attacks after the initial infection they can be held at bay by taking a low dosage of one of the above medication on a daily basis.

The first indication of an attack is normally itchiness in the vicinity where the blisters will appear, if one of the above medication is taken at that stage a full attack can be adverted.

Genital Herpes is of the same family as the "Cold Sore" that further millions suffer from on their lips and for which the treatment is the same.

Herpes when dormant lives in the nerve ganglia and once infected is there for life

i dont think u should be going to pattaya if u have herpes/..... u can fucking infect hella people

It is already here, and everywhere else in the world, at the present growth rate everybody could be carrying/infected by it within a couple of decades.

Edited by Cerberus
  • Like 2

I don't understand why people don't discuss medical problems with their own GP / MD before floating it on a monger's forum. Despite a similar condition, your own circumstances may differ greatly from someone else...and some of the information I've read is plain wrong or dangerous.

However...

Despite your lack of symptoms for the last year, you can never be sure when an outbreak will occur. The stress of long-distance flights and excessive drinking / partying / sexual activity may just be enough to trigger an outbreak. If that happens (and you are in any way the responsible type) then you should get the appropriate medication after consultation and refrain from sexual activity until well after you appear symptomless. Besides which, if you have the lesions all over your genitals, I would hope that any girl would express concern. I guess this may be too much for some to adhere to - witness the numerous threads about STDs and 'quick shot of Zithro' before getting back into action - but at least ensure all activity is with a condom.

You may want to ask your medical practitioner for a suppressant dose (usually 1 x 400 mg, twice daily) of aciclovir to take in the lead up to, and duration of, your holiday.

• Like 3

What a load of crap, i have had herpes 2 for 12 years, had 2 long girlfriend ie 3years 6 years with many others in the UK and not use condom. They have no problem, why because i take 2x 400mg tablets every day.Its not the end off the world. Why have an a problem eary 2 to 3 months, take the pill, it's free in the UK, 20 Baht a day in Thailand.PM me if you have a problem.

They have no problem, why because i take 2x 400mg tablets every day.Its not the end off the world

Correct on both accounts :001_Thank_You5: , The control dosage will however differ from person to person, some get permanent relief from repeat attacks on a dosage as low as 200mg a day, or even every other day.

What a load of crap, i have had herpes 2 for 12 years, had 2 long girlfriend ie 3years 6 years with many others in the UK and not use condom. They have no problem, why because i take 2x 400mg tablets every day.Its not the end off the world. Why have an a problem eary 2 to 3 months, take the pill, it's free in the UK, 20 Baht a day in Thailand.PM me if you have a problem.

I've essentially said the same barely 1" above your post and didn't suggest it was the end of the world - what part is a load of crap ? I stand by what I've said, what works for you may not work (or be applicable) for someone else - take the advice of your medical practitioner.

Ya I always use a condom except oral sex and hand job...

As already pointed out this incurable disease is spread by unprotected oral sex and you can pass it on even if you don't have symptoms.

So, guy with herpes from Western world visits Pattaya and passes the disease on to unsuspecting Thai sex worker working in a Pattaya brothel.

She then subsequently passes it on to many other unsuspecting Western guys who use her services.

They then pass it on to....well, lets just say many people...including western wives and girlfriends.

...and so on and so forth....repeat ad infinitum!

Surely the responsible thing would be to wear a condom for every episode of sexual contact if you know you have the condition.

Well I suppose they are only Thai sex workers and we don't need to show them that much respect given that they are all from some poor third world country?

Surely the responsible thing would be to wear a condom for every episode of sexual contact if you know you have the condition.

Well I suppose they are only Thai sex workers and we don't need to show them that much respect given that they are all from some poor third world country?

I 100% agree...however you do get the distinct impression from some that this isn't much of an issue. Any number think it's OK to catch an STD, take a one-shot of Zithro and then carry on as normal. Surely the responsible thing to do in that event would be to wait and see if it's worked ? Same with herpes and the rather reckless response it has received from some. I'm glad some prefer to monger responsibly, but the trend for irresponsible attitudes towards sex is growing and PI is even worse. The usual tired old "I was drunk" or "I didn't notice she hopped on without" excuse is trotted out - should you even be attempting sex in that state ?

Guest Harlequin

@Ironfist - you have lots of replies here, but to add (and something overseas visitors are often not aware of) - you can go to a pharmacy and just ask for a generic drug (Virogon, or Valtrex, or similar) - no prescription needed and it'll probably be cheaper than the US.

• 1 month later...

Genital herpes is a common, highly infectious disease caused by a virus. It is transmitted from one person to another during sexual activity. Genital herpes causes blisters or groups of small ulcers (open sores) on and around the genitals in both men and women. Genital herpes cannot be cured; however, there are medications that can be prescribed to treat outbreaks and minimize the symptoms.

Genital herpes is extremely widespread, largely because it is so contagious. Carriers can transmit the disease without having any symptoms of an active infection.

At least 45 million Americans are known to be infected with the genital herpes virus, with approximately one million new infections each year. As many as 80%-90% of those infected fail to recognize genital herpes symptoms or have no symptoms at all.

Genital herpes is spread by direct contact with an infected person. Sexual intercourse and oral sex are the most common methods of spreading genital herpes. Any type of skin-to-skin contact, however, is capable of spreading herpes.

People with herpes may spread the disease even if they do not realize they have an infection. Furthermore, there is strong evidence that people with herpes can transmit infection even while their disease appears to be inactive and no sores can be visibly seen. Indeed it is believed that Herpes can be 'shedding' for up to 3 days before any indication of an attack and up to 4 days after the last signs of an attack.

Many people remember having an episode of genital herpes when it occurs. But as many as 90% of those infected fail to recognize the symptoms or have no symptoms at all. It is not clear whether these people never had an initial herpes outbreak or whether they never noticed a mild infection. In these individuals genital herpes is still contagious, and they may have additional outbreaks.

The Symptoms/Signs of genital herpes tend to develop within three to seven days of skin-to-skin contact with an infected person. Genital herpes infections look like small blisters or ulcers (round areas of broken skin) on the genitals. Each blister or ulcer is typically only 1 to 3 millimeters (1/32 inch to 1/8th inch) in size, and the blisters or ulcers tend to be grouped into "crops." Usually the blisters form first, then soon open to form ulcers. Herpes infections may be painless or slightly tender. In some people, however, the blisters or ulcers can be very tender and painful.

In men they tend to be located on or around the Penis, whilst in women, the lesions may be visible outside the vagina but commonly occur inside the vagina where they can cause discomfort or Vagina discharge but cannot be seen except during a doctor's examination.

Treatment with medication is effective in shortening the initial outbreak of the infection and lowers the chance that the infection will come back, making any later outbreaks less severe.

There are similar antiviral drugs available for the treatment of genital herpes infection, These antiviral medications vary in cost and how often they should be taken. All should be taken for 7-10 days. The patient's doctor may extend the course of therapy if ulcers have not healed in 10 days. Examples of these antiviral medications include:

acyclovir (Zovirax),

famciclovir (Famvir),

valacyclovir (Valtrex).

If getting frequent attacks after the initial infection they can be held at bay by taking a low dosage of one of the above medication on a daily basis.

The first indication of an attack is normally itchiness in the vicinity where the blisters will appear, if one of the above medication is taken at that stage a full attack can be adverted.

Genital Herpes is of the same family as the "Cold Sore" that further millions suffer from on their lips and for which the treatment is the same.

Herpes when dormant lives in the nerve ganglia and once infected is there for life

It is already here, and everywhere else in the world, at the present growth rate everybody could be carrying/infected by it within a couple of decades.

Grapefruit Seed Extract wipes out cold sores. Perhaps it may help with genital herpes.

Grapefruit Seed Extract wipes out cold sores. Perhaps it may help with genital herpes.

Whilst there is evidence that it helps with Herpes simplex 1, (cold sores), there is none that it helps with Genital Herpes, other than as a skin treatment in conjunction with multiple other remedies. The only problem that I can see with them is, the herpes runs its normal course, taking from 5 to 10 day to clear. Where-as by using the more aggressive antiviral drugs you can stop an attack within a day or two.

It is an excellent remedy for cold sores, (Herpes simplex 1), though.

STD's f**kin suck, If the governments would but the money that goes into military into research for curing, we could all just shag with no worrys

poor juleous cesar got a woefull case of those scratchs, had the umbrella meself

As already pointed out this incurable disease is spread by unprotected oral sex and you can pass it on even if you don't have symptoms.

So, guy with herpes from Western world visits Pattaya and passes the disease on to unsuspecting Thai sex worker working in a Pattaya brothel.

She then subsequently passes it on to many other unsuspecting Western guys who use her services.

They then pass it on to....well, lets just say many people...including western wives and girlfriends.

...and so on and so forth....repeat ad infinitum!

agreed 100%

And how many Thai people have herpes? Or better, how many of the Thai BG have it? And how many guys go down a TG...? Yeah, any one use protection for that..?

@Ironfist - you have lots of replies here, but to add (and something overseas visitors are often not aware of) - you can go to a pharmacy and just ask for a generic drug (Virogon, or Valtrex, or similar) - no prescription needed and it'll probably be cheaper than the US.

While getting my heart medication and blood pressure pills I asked Target Store and they said Valtrex is $200.99 for 14 pills. I can hardly believe they are 20 baht apiece in Pattaya. If you don't cover up for all sex in Pattaya (anywhere I'd bet) it is just a matter of time and chance before you get herpes. If 15 to 20 percent of USA population already have herpes then what percentage of sex workers in Pattaya are gonna be infected?

While getting my heart medication and blood pressure pills I asked Target Store and they said Valtrex is $200.99 for 14 pills. I can hardly believe they are 20 baht apiece in Pattaya. If you don't cover up for all sex in Pattaya (anywhere I'd bet) it is just a matter of time and chance before you get herpes. If 15 to 20 percent of USA population already have herpes then what percentage of sex workers in Pattaya are gonna be infected?

wow really? is it the exact the same drug?

• 2 weeks later...

Herpes simplex 1 & simplex 2,

1 is cold sores

2 is genital

either one you can get in both places, lips-genital area.

if a wet blister touches you, you can get it.

Even top athletes have them, Justine Henin tennis nr 1 for a long time has cold sores on her lips.

So you will not be dead of if.

You can catch it even without having real sex.

They "say" 'L-Lysine' is a good supplement for it, eat healthy, do sports, have enough sleep and you will have less outbreaks.

Look it at that way, it can be an advantage. it's a stimulation for leading a more healthy-disciplined life.

• 1 month later...

Valtrex is 20 baht a piece in Thailand...how about acyclovir and

famciclovir ? maybe I will buy some and store it up.

If you have herpes then I think you should always wear a condom even for oral sex, it is only far otherwise you may be spreading the disease.

i think if you have herpes you might want to consider staying home for your sake and everyone elses sake.. obviously you know you are putting others at risk and your self at greater risk to further infections....

you got burned once and you should take it as a lesson learned... and im actually a bit shocked by how well this subject is accepted and recommendations are being offered to help... everyone always talk about treat the

girls with respect and try to do right by them, but sending an infected person with even more information to hide his problem doesnt follow the be kind guide line... this is only my opinion and im attemptng to be

constructive as possible...

Valtrex pills taken daily I have found prevents any outbreaks. I am still not sure how I got the virus as I used a condom did not eat hoi on that occasion, most annoying.