Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

The very essentials

Soi Sauce

OK I only have a few weeks before I set off to Pattaya, so what would you say the top ten phraises/sayings or sentances a traveler would need to get bye or indeed to impress his travelling companions. I don't want to sound like a pro but, I would like to sound like some one thats been to Thailand.... more than once.

In first place I would say it as to be "Sawat-dii" this is closely followed by "Hong nam u ti Nia" (terrible spolling but you get the jist I am sure).

Lets here your essential phraises, cheers

sawadee cap....hello

mai no cap....no thank you, for the street hawkers or kids selling gum

kop cum cap...thank you

check bin cap...to pay your bin (beer tab)

Hope these are right, of the top of my head.

My first Thai phrase was taught to me by the mamasan of a bar on Soi 6:

"Phum joop khun dai mai?"

She then sent me off to test it out on a girl who'd just arrived in town and spoke no English. I had no idea what it meant ("Can I kiss you?"), and didn't understand the answer... for the record, it was "dai". After heading back to mamasan to report the results, the girl became my very first barfine (and hers, I believe).

That phrase was enough to get me through my first 2 weeks in Thailand!

"Mai ao khrap" - "No want, thank you". Is the next most useful one to learn. Hawkers sometimes actually listen if you say it in Thai.

"Khorp khun khrap" - "Thank you". Always brings a smile.

"Mai pen rai" - "No Problem"

"Mai khao jai" - "I don't understand"

"Khun suay mak" - "You're very pretty" is the most overused bit of Thai by drunken tourists, and will probably make the girl cringe

Be sure to get a Thai speaker to teach you how to say them before you try using them though, because Thai is a tonal language, and if you don't get the tones right you'll sound like a twat :Chokdee:

Oh, it's also worth at least understanding these when you hear them:

"bpai nai?" - "Where are you going?"

"bpai duay?" - "[Can I] go with you?"

It's probably more useful at first to learn to not speak English, as you understand it, because that'll get you a lot further in actual communication. Pay attention to how most Thais speak English, and emulate - present tense for everything, no plurals, minimal grammar... keep it simple.

Have you read the forum rules?

Please resize your photos!

Sitting here now in this bar for hours,

whilst strange men rent strange flowers,

I'll be picking up your petals in another few hours...

above post is better than what i wrote :Chokdee:

DELETED

Edited by ju5t

"There's plenty more prostitutes in Pattaya" ©2012™

"Only Newbies go home when planned" ©2012

"I don't run a gogo, i run a dance academy" Â©2014

"Sauna and milkshakes a winning combination" Â©2015

Facebook Group ::: Pattaya Bar Crawls and Parties

Also very usefull words:

laa kon khrap - Goodbye

laa phob gan mai - See you later/soon

Phom chue ... khrap - My name is ...

Hong nam (say naam) yu ti nai - Where is the toilet

1 - nueng

2 - song

3 - sam (say saam)

4 - si (say see)

5 - ha

Have fun speak thai!

Edited by TheLostShark

Lea hoy dai mai - Can I lick your pussy (hoy means shell so it's a nice way of saying pussy)

Um ham dai mai - Will you suck my dick.

Thats about all you need to know... Simples.

Lea hoy dai mai - Can I lick your pussy (hoy means shell so it's a nice way of saying pussy)

Um ham dai mai - Will you suck my dick.

Thats about all you need to know... Simples.

You ask their permision to lick their pussy? Lol, I see it as their reward for being good little bad girls :Eat_Me:

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

You ask their permision to lick their pussy? Lol, I see it as their reward for being good little bad girls :Moon2:

I agree, but I like to see the expression on their faces when I say it!

I agree, but I like to see the expression on their faces when I say it!

Prefer the expression when you catch them by surprise!

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

OK I only have a few weeks before I set off to Pattaya, so what would you say the top ten phraises/sayings or sentances a traveler would need to get bye or indeed to impress his travelling companions. I don't want to sound like a pro but, I would like to sound like some one thats been to Thailand.... more than once.

In first place I would say it as to be "Sawat-dii" this is closely followed by "Hong nam u ti Nia" (terrible spolling but you get the jist I am sure).

Lets here your essential phraises, cheers

:Moon2: I think you will be a star you are already you come out at night.BUT hong Nam u ti nia just say toilets there are sign posts all over 10 baht a piss .When you come back give them some English nursery rhymes like hickory dickry doc do you fancy sucking me cock BLESS em they try to say but its there rrrs.Bye the way its not taking the piss but try it with a smile :Dehydrated: It works if you have tat sense off humor :GiveBeer1: Chris

Wriggley Tin 1