Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

ATM Charges

nigelpatrick

Hi All, does anyone know of a ATM card which you do not incur a cost for withdrawing your money at the ATM machines, I've been to thailand a few times before and would normally use my Nationwide account as they did not charge you for taking your money out but now they will charge you for using there card outside Europe which is just great news, my friend has just got back from thailand and said it was 150 baht a time which really mount up on your holiday, if anyone knows of a ATM no charge Card please let me know, Cheers.

No charges applies to Thailand bank account using ATM cards(example: Siam using siam ATM machine Free, Siam using other thai bank ATM 20 bahts). 150 bahts applies to all forgein ATM cards.

is that the yellow one,

and the purple one,siam

green one ,k bank,old thai farmers bank

only i noticed there banks in many colours ,but not take much notice

i had english lloyds tsb credit card as back up

when run out of beer tokens

was 150 baht in thai atms too

well some one did say on this forum ,take cash,open up a thai account

green k one i think

then free to withdraw cash at atms

thai atm card ,and online account

seems a good plan

i try it myself next trip

usally have about 2500 english pounds in twentys

and none on way back home

funny thing,no matter how much i take each trip

i am allways broke on way home

credit card gets a beating too

so much for extra over time at work

The Bank of Ayudhya doesn't charge you to use your card

look for the bright yellow livery

I haven't tryed the ATM at the Ayuttaya (spelling?) bank yet. Until now I went to the ATM machine of the TMB bank

in the Central festival mall on the floor where all the banks have their branch offices. TMB allows you to withdraw

20.000 baht in one shot. Not only the usual 10.000 baht like the others. Still they charge 150 baht for foreign ATM-cards.

But on the other hand if you withdraw 20 k baht all at once you've saved 150 baht.

TMB is the bank with red, blue and white colours in their logo.

Pattaya: You can checkout any time you like - but you can never leave - Eagles

My bank robs me when I use any ATM out of the country. I found this extremely informative

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/index.php?/topic/497setting-up-a-thai-bank-account/

"It all made sense intellectually. But I've never trusted extremes, whether it be drug addiction, religious fanaticism, or zero-carb diets."

The last time (3months ago) I was in Thailand before I left I started a "mySmart Cash Account" with Fidelity. If you have an account with them it is worth looking into because they charge no fees! It works as a debit card, you transfer money into it and there is no minimum amount to maintain it. I was skeptical until I got my statement and all was true.

I'm arriving in two months, can you confirm if it was correct and that the Bank of Ayudhya doesn't charge you to use your card ?

Daveywindsor

All Thai based banks will charge 150Bht per transaction for foreign ATM cards.

Exception is that non-thai banks may not charge you this, but it will not be easy to find one.

As the charge is per transaction, it is best to withdraw the maximum, which is for most banks 20.000 Bhat.

As already mentioned, no charge if you use a thai bankaccount at ATM's of the bank where you hold your account, using the ATM of other banks will mostly get charged 20Bhat.

All Thai based banks will charge 150Bht per transaction for foreign ATM cards.

Exception is that non-thai banks may not charge you this, but it will not be easy to find one.

As the charge is per transaction, it is best to withdraw the maximum, which is for most banks 20.000 Bhat.

As already mentioned, no charge if you use a thai bankaccount at ATM's of the bank where you hold your account, using the ATM of other banks will mostly get charged 20Bhat.

incorrect re foreign cards, I always use my Uk barclays debit card at the "yellow" bank with no charges from them at all- obvioisly still get charged by my own bank for foreign charges but that is normal

From the UK you want a Nationwide Flex Account. It only charges 1% compared to the near 5% of most banks.

Whatever UK card you have you need to use the yellow machine, Bank of Ayudhya, as it does not charge a transaction fee. I came home this week and looking at my statement online I can confirm this. Naturally like everything in Thailand this is subject to change.

P4P. C4C. Soft Club. Skank Club. Club Bareback. Because if it's worth fucking it's worth fucking properly.

Back in employment. Korando's Bar, Soi Buakhao 15. 

Webp.net-resizeimage hh.jpg Webp.net-resizeimage bs.jpg Webp.net-resizeimage rm.jpg

Bagel and His Adventures in Thailand

My Day Working At Quicky Bar. A Romantic Encounter In A Sattahip Warehouse. Mr Pringles & His Adventures In Thailand.

There are 2 yellow banks in Thailand, Ayudhya and Krungsri they are both owned by Ayudhya plc but Krungsri charges and Ayudhya doesn't.

From the UK you want a Nationwide Flex Account. It only charges 1% compared to the near 5% of most banks.

Whatever UK card you have you need to use the yellow machine, Bank of Ayudhya, as it does not charge a transaction fee. I came home this week and looking at my statement online I can confirm this. Naturally like everything in Thailand this is subject to change.

Same there looked at my statement from yellow machine(bank of ayudhya).I think i used i the one on soi diana if im not mistaken

• 4 weeks later...

It seems that ALL banks have this surcharge - AEON don't they're not really a bank - but the whole point of ATMs is their convenience - if you have to go looking every time then you might as well use TCs - except you can't cash them 24/7 of course.

Don't confuse this nasty, petty, money-grubbing SURCHARGE with any other charges or fees levied by your own or other banks.

If you have a Thai bank A/C you'll avoid the 150 baht surcharge.

It does seem that the surcharge is omitted from time to time - I don't know how that works.

for uk people get a santander zero credit card pre-load it with money before or as you are spending (then no interest charges). its called zero for a reason - no charges on any foreign transactions & if you pre-load it absolutely no charges/interest by them. as back up nationwide flexaccount debit card they will charge 1% as previously stated. use the yellow bank of ayudaya with any card no charges from them.

Hi guys,

We were in Pattaya for the first three weeks of Feb and can confirm yellow bank of ayudaya ATM`s do not charge. We used the one in Pattaya Festival, its on second level opposite the Levi shop.

Hope that helps,

Regards

Bonzer

Thanks

do visa give a better exchange rate than mastercard

Near enough the same.

• 2 years later...

After careful searching on google. You can either get a Charles Scheab account or an Fidelty account. Both reimburses ATM fees world wide. My recommendation is to get a Fidelty cash management account. It is easier to open with he big headache if having supreme credit. Charles Schwab has been known To close accounts after doing random credit checks on accounts. I would hate to be stuck in the promise labs without cash. However the choice is yours but me personally I use Fidelity. Just let them know your travel dates before you leave the country. So this literally means I can go to the ATM and within 24 hours my ATM fees. are reimbursed. Check out this link if you are interested. Enjoy.

https://www.fidelity...ccount/overview

Archived