IGNORED

Everton in the Europa Cup

blue1878

I love visiting Pattaya/Thailand. And in recent years I have been able to get to Pattaya twice a year. Work and money don't really allow me to go more than twice a year.

Besides being addicted to Pattaya I am also addicted to Everton football club. I've been watching them play on a regular basis since 1973/74 season. And I've been a season ticket holder since 1975/76. In my younger days I used to follow Everton all around the country watching most of there away games. In 1986/87 season I went to all of Everton's 42 home and away league games. In 1985 I also watched them play there only European final in Rotterdam.

Nowadays I just go to Everton's home league, league cup, FA Cup and European games. I don't really go to any away games. Having my own house which costs money to run I prefer to save my spare cash for my two trips a year to Thailand.

Anyway Everton are still involved in the Europa Cup. And off course I'm hoping that they will go all the way and reach the final. Now if they reach the final I fancy going and watching it BUT that will mean money and holidays that I saving for my 2nd trip will be used for the European final instead. It's great going to a final with 10's of thousands of fellow Evertonians.

Everton might not reach the final and they may get knocked out in the next round but if they do reach the final. I might have a decision to make. I might have to decide between going to the final which might mean missing out on my 2nd trip to Thailand in 2010. Or make two trips to Thailand and watch the final on television in my local pub.

If we do make the final it'll be an interesting decision I'll have to make

As Captain Mainwaring always used to say: "I think we're getting into the world of fantasy here, Jones."

When a man is tired of Pattaya, he is tired of life.

An Agent of DOOM - defenders of older men

As Captain Mainwaring always used to say: "I think we're getting into the world of fantasy here, Jones."

Everton did reach a european final 25 years ago so it can happen again

But one can dream

if they get there watch it in los best of both worlds if they win you can really celebrate Devils Den ?

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->

if they get there watch it in los best of both worlds if they win you can really celebrate DEVILS DEN ?

That would be a great way to celebrate if we did get to the final.... :Drunk_Party:

The good thing about supporting Derby County is that we don't need to worry about spending extra money on European matches.:Drunk_Party:

Anyway, Brian, I hope Everton do well. I watched them beat Man. City a few days ago.

Have you got one of those Felliani wigs yet????

Cheers

Tony

The good thing about supporting Derby County is that we don't need to worry about spending extra money on European matches.:GoldenSmile1:

Anyway, Brian, I hope Everton do well. I watched them beat Man. City a few days ago.

Have you got one of those Felliani wigs yet????

Cheers

Tony

Hi Tony I have thought about buying a felliani wig but I've not yet bought one.

And if memory serves me correctly I think Derby County did reach the semi-finals of the European Cup back in 1973. And I think they played Juventus. And lost the leg in Juventus 4 - 1. I wonder if I have rememembered correctly. Those were the days when the great man Brian Clough was Derby's manager

Hi Tony I have thought about buying a felliani wig but I've not yet bought one.

And if memory serves me correctly I think Derby County did reach the semi-finals of the European Cup back in 1973. And I think they played Juventus. And lost the leg in Juventus 4 - 1. I wonder if I have rememembered correctly. Those were the days when the great man Brian Clough was Derby's manager

Yes mate you are correct. We won the Div 1 in 1971/2 and we met Juventus in April 1973. 1st leg we lost away 3-1 and drew 0-0 at home. I think it was at the away leg that Cloughy reckoned the ref had been bribed!!!!

In that 71-72 season we beat Everton home and away, both scores being 2-0. So there!!!

Take care

Tony

now that is a tough decision to make.. efc away in europe or los.

think i would go with los but i would prefer to watch the game in a supporters club rather than pattaya.

it's never the same if your the only supporter in the bar!! being an everton fan but living in the southwest i'm used to it!!

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

In my books, European away games are priceless. i would skip Pattaya to follow my team in Europ (unfortunately, they didnt qualify for Uefa this year)

Everton did reach a european final 25 years ago so it can happen again

But one can dream

Nottingham Forest won two, but I'm not holding my breath.

When a man is tired of Pattaya, he is tired of life.

An Agent of DOOM - defenders of older men

I think I can safely say you can book your flight to los and not have to worry about everton getting to the final.

All ive got in this world are my word and my balls and i dont break them for nobody

Money Number 1

Yes mate you are correct. We won the Div 1 in 1971/2 and we met Juventus in April 1973. 1st leg we lost away 3-1 and drew 0-0 at home. I think it was at the away leg that Cloughy reckoned the ref had been bribed!!!!

In that 71-72 season we beat Everton home and away, both scores being 2-0. So there!!!

Take care

Tony

Tony I can remember the juventus game in Italy because it was played whilst I was on a school skiing holiday to Austria. And some of the ski instructors were italian. The morning after Juventus beat Derby myself and my school friends went to the ski slopes and the italian ski instructors were waiting for us English school kids. And when they saw us they were quick to give us stick because of the result. Tony I see you were quick to tell me about Derby doing the double over Everton in your championship season......lol

I think I can safely say you can book your flight to los and not have to worry about everton getting to the final.

Well Everton injury worries are now starting to ease so if they can get a bit of consistancy between now and the end of the season we might supprise people. We could go far in the Europa cup.

I've now just put the mockers on Everton so we are bound to be knocked out in the next round.....lol

go ahead and book your flight to los because everton will not be getting to the final lol actually there will be no trophys on merseyside this year so all you liverpool fans might aswell book your flights to los aswell lol

C’mon blue, you would rather die than not coming to LOS.

To make it easier for you.

Who has the more sexy ass, Landon Donovan or the blonde bird from Lollipop?

Edited by Benny10

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

When you're in Patts and want to meet up with another Everton saddo, There's a bar in Pattaya New Plaza, opposite Soi 8 on 2nd Road called Mr Bean's. The Boss, Lol, an inappropriate name for an Everton fan, is well-informed on his footie, and a great guy.He'll have all the games when you're about, and he hates Liverpool more than Alex Ferguson.

Check it out, and the beer's only 45baht a bottle.

Pussy is sweet,

but so is honey.

So beat your meat,

and save your money.

C’mon blue, you would rather die than not coming to LOS.

To make it easier for you.

Who has the more sexy ass, Landon Donovan or the blonde bird from Lollipop?

Benny I think I'll be joining you and we can visit Lollipop together but I don't think I'll bother with the blonde girl. Even though she is very sexy and cute

When you're in Patts and want to meet up with another Everton saddo, There's a bar in Pattaya New Plaza, opposite Soi 8 on 2nd Road called Mr Bean's. The Boss, Lol, an inappropriate name for an Everton fan, is well-informed on his footie, and a great guy.He'll have all the games when you're about, and he hates Liverpool more than Alex Ferguson.

Check it out, and the beer's only 45baht a bottle.

I've heard of Mr Beans before but have never been to the bar. I'll have to make an effort the next time I'm in Pattaya

I've heard of Mr Beans before but have never been to the bar. I'll have to make an effort the next time I'm in Pattaya

Do mate. It's on the left as you come up from 2nd Road.I live in Bangkok, regularly grt down to patts, and as a bar to have a beer, have a chat, watch footie, and mingle with a good bunch of girls, ain't found no better than here.

Pity he's atoffee, would've made agood gooner.

Pussy is sweet,

but so is honey.

So beat your meat,

and save your money.

Do mate. It's on the left as you come up from 2nd Road.I live in Bangkok, regularly grt down to patts, and as a bar to have a beer, have a chat, watch footie, and mingle with a good bunch of girls, ain't found no better than here.

Pity he's atoffee, would've made agood gooner.

Hi sluminit I see your a gooner

Well recently when we played you at your ground you were lucky to get a draw. I was in Pattaya last month and I went for a drink at a bar in the New Plaza. And the bar I drank in was on the left hand side. So I must have been very close to Mr Bean bar

Middlesborough somehow got to the Europa final a few years back, as did Rangers. Everton are not a bad side, and probably one that takes this competition seriously. I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the final.

Watched all everton games in Mr Bean bar, Lawrence the owner is a sound fella, i even donated my everton scarve from the cup final to him, it now takes pride of place on the wall as you go in! Never got the chance to go to benfica as i was in Patts, so definately goin to watch us against Sporting in the next round! Coyb !!

Sanuk Scouser

Hibbert Scores We Riot ! Forza Toffees...

Watched all everton games in Mr Bean bar, Lawrence the owner is a sound fella, i even donated my everton scarve from the cup final to him, it now takes pride of place on the wall as you go in! Never got the chance to go to benfica as i was in Patts, so definately goin to watch us against Sporting in the next round! Coyb !!

Sanuk Scouser

I'll be in the Park End for the home leg of the Sporting Lisbon game

Two days to do till the merseyside derby at Anfield. Hopefully it'll be an Everton win.

Come on you blues