Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Jetstar passengers stranded in Thailand

Mark 101101

Jetstar passengers stranded in Thailand:

Jetstar passengers booked on a Thailand-to-Sydney flight have been stuck on the resort island of Phuket since Monday because of maintenance problems.

Flight JQ28 was due to leave Phuket at 9pm local time on Monday, but the flight was cancelled, leaving hundreds of passengers to spend Australia Day stranded far from home, Natalie Soltyszewski told AAP.

The passengers were put up in a hotel on Monday night and told they would leave at 5pm on Tuesday, but due to more maintenance problems that flight was also cancelled after they had boarded the aircraft.

Jetstar again arranged accommodation for them on Tuesday night.

The Qantas-owned no-frills carrier later confirmed to AAP the stranded travellers would be picked up by bus to catch a replacement flight to Sydney at 5.30pm on Wednesday.

But tempers were frayed as the passengers waited for information.

"They boot you off the plane and then you are stuck dealing with the Thai ground staff who don't know anything," Ms Soltyszewski said.

"The information is just not forthcoming. We'll go to a hotel now, and we'll find out in the morning whether or not we've got another plane."

Ms Soltyszewski had been on holiday with friends in Thailand for a month.

"I'm not so worried about myself," she said.

"One lady has to get back for chemo. Some kids are starting school tomorrow.

"It's a great Australia Day for us “

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/1004387/jetstar-passengers-stranded-in-thailand

If Jetstar booked for the passangers the hotels and just paid for them the bar fines , it would be a great service.. lol

Edited by Mark 101101

not the worst place to be stuck in the world! cant believe these people are cryin about missing austrailia day big deal your stranded in the best place in the world forget about austrailia day lol

would not be a problem for me! Great place to be 'stranded" :P

If Jetstar booked for the passangers the hotels and just paid for them the bar fines , it would be a great service.. lol

LOL

earlier in the year i was stuck on a jetstar plane for 4 hours with no air con. the media made a fuss about it and were waiting with camera's when we arrived.

I was lovin it and hoping to get an extra night at jetsstar expense.

Imagine this: you're a very straight male and you're passing through boyz town (for whatever reason) and for some reason the street has been closed off and you get stuck and can't get out! You're stuck in boyz town...for a week! How do you feel? The woman they interviewed probably feels the same way!

Now if they had interviewed a guy for this piece, he'd be pissed, but only from all the beers he's been drinking and he'd be asking the interviewer where the nearest agogo was! ;-)

If you want a better experience with your "date"... read, learn, live the following:

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/22263-vetting-bar-girls-and-how-to-pass-their-own-vett

It's amazing how the media can always find the 1% who want to complain but don't make the feature a positive by talking to the other 99%.

I'll let them delay my plane any day.

Just read an article on the Australian that says the passengers will get their full return airfare refunded AND get a $600 voucher for future travel - lucky motherfuckers!

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/breaking-news/full-refund-for-jetstar-passengers-stranded-in-thailand/story-fn3dxity-1225823984677

Not a bad place to get stranded IMO...:D

Its a budget airline for christ sake...some of these passengers are wanting 1st class service, but without paying for it!

JetStar are paying for the hotel...what more do they want.

I suppose they would rather die in a horrible plane crash instead :GoldenSmile1:

Does this hotel have a joiner fee? If I got stranded there I was have to take another week off work and stay for a extra 10 days O what a shame.

Posted Image

Does this hotel have a joiner fee? If I got stranded there I was have to take another week off work and stay for a extra 10 days O what a shame.

LOL

Jetstar passengers stranded in Thailand:

Jetstar passengers booked on a Thailand-to-Sydney flight have been stuck on the resort island of Phuket since Monday because of maintenance problems.

Flight JQ28 was due to leave Phuket at 9pm local time on Monday, but the flight was cancelled, leaving hundreds of passengers to spend Australia Day stranded far from home, Natalie Soltyszewski told AAP.

The passengers were put up in a hotel on Monday night and told they would leave at 5pm on Tuesday, but due to more maintenance problems that flight was also cancelled after they had boarded the aircraft.

Jetstar again arranged accommodation for them on Tuesday night.

The Qantas-owned no-frills carrier later confirmed to AAP the stranded travellers would be picked up by bus to catch a replacement flight to Sydney at 5.30pm on Wednesday.

But tempers were frayed as the passengers waited for information.

"They boot you off the plane and then you are stuck dealing with the Thai ground staff who don't know anything," Ms Soltyszewski said.

"The information is just not forthcoming. We'll go to a hotel now, and we'll find out in the morning whether or not we've got another plane."

Ms Soltyszewski had been on holiday with friends in Thailand for a month.

"I'm not so worried about myself," she said.

"One lady has to get back for chemo. Some kids are starting school tomorrow.

"It's a great Australia Day for us “

http://news.ninemsn....ded-in-thailand

Not surprised.

I travelled by Jetstar on my last trip from 29 Dec to the 14th Jan.

Only reason I did was it was far cheaper than other options at that time.

I was luck and didnt get stranded, but both the flight to and from was at least 45 minutes late, and well i know its a budget airline, but my good it was the longest 18 hours of my life both ways

Next trip in late April, Im more than willing to pay the extra few hundred bucks to go Thai or Singapore Airlines