IGNORED

Street food

hello Guys

Are you bored to ordinary pastourised and industrial food ... and you want try differet kind of taste ?

You can try boiled rats from thai rice field, than eating basmati rice.

235911-771.jpg

Mabulòx

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mabulox

• Panudate

• Mr Unix

• makavelli

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

was inh hospital for 5 days,was in pretty bad shape,i had eaten chicken on skewers from Walking Street,would never touch it again guys,think i lost a stone in that time

pattaya loves me long time

Always eat streetfood, and have been doing this for 18 years now, never had a problem.

A friend of mine almost died after a meal at the big American company that sells fastfood chicken.

Hello guys

A man... a legend.

I think this is one of the most famous fried insect vendor of Pattaya in the world, he's a good person, very friendly and funny, and you can choice to spend 20Thb for a beetles portion or 10Thb for a pics.

236586-766.jpg

Mabulòx

Good Afternoon,

Pepto-Bismol, 2 gulps 3 times per day, never a problem in 10 trips to LOS & PI.

PB#1

90 days.

I ate at the street vendors alot, never had any major problems, just tap ass, but maybe that was alcohol related........

My rule of thumb for street food in LOS is if it looks good and smells good eat it if it looks badly stored and smells bad leave well alone

This approach can also be used for other things in LOS :)

Has anyone been ill or had a really bad experience from eating food from street vendors?

Had kebabs top of soi 2..second road regular..no probs

marnie...

[p.m.a]

• 1 month later...

Some people can eat from the food carts and some people cannot. Personally I am one of these people who cannot eat from the food carts. I finally realised that this what was making me sick each trip to Thailand. Now I stay clear and I am fine. However for the first 5 days in Thailand my guts are still not the best and I dont feel 100%. I put this down to my body acclimatizing to the temperature, oil in the cooking etc etc -

I eat from the barbecue carties all the time, lovely stuff and, touch wood, no problems as of yet.

They can stick their dogs, boiled rats and insects up their arse though, dirty feckers.

Those insect carties absolutely reek, too, something like sweet corpses.

• 3 weeks later...

Street carts are the best place to get some delicious and cheap food. If you are worried about the quality, go to alcazar kitchen. You can get the same stuff here in a self service restaurant.

It's just the opposite street off the Alcazar Show. Many thai people and expats here. Also a good place to find something for the night (for the LB lubbers).

Dont eat from these Cholera carts if u have got a weak stomach. I have a weak stomach and cannot eat anything from these vendors without being very sick.

I don't eat much of anything while in patts. I just had no appetite. If I lived there I'd probably get brave and eat off those carts but I don't think it's worth getting sick just to save some baht if you're only there for a week or two.

"This little incident on the aeroplane throws into relief my single status, that at times leaves a gloomy space of frigid loneliness and a craving for intimacy, a hollow within that echoes a quiet desperation when in the silence of those cold grey London nights and which I felt all the more keenly in some of those moments in LOS when a lack of true intimacy is apparent in the financially fuelled sexual congresses of the P4P scene. However, these are only in moments of weakness and self pity and would not impel me to find sustenance in a need fulfilling relationship ……….Hell!!! If I were to be given a choice, I’ll take the often pseudo short-term romance of the P4P scene over the risk of the insidious death of marriage"

-Alleycat

MySpace Countdown Clocks

always ate from street carts never had any bother dont think much to the kebabs and the bug carts

I think this way, if i see Thais eating from the vendor i will also eat from them.

If your looking for cheap good quality food try eating in tops supermarket on Pattaya Klang, you can get kow pad gung for 50bht and its lovely.

Without a family a rich man is very poor

• 4 weeks later...

Iv eaten from the Carts before... I stick to the Chicken breast on a stick tho... I make sure they have it over the coals to kill any bacteria that may have gotten on the chicken. I go these chicken kabobs that i thought where chicken chunks... nope.. it was grissle and bone.. Maybe neck or spine or something.. I gave them to girl who was at the front desk at the hotel.

I never ate the bugs.. the smell and the visual was too much for me to even try it just to say "I ate bugs" .. pass

I did eat fruit from the fruit carts everyday tho, no problem there... Watermellon and pineapple and mango.. MMMMmmmm

Never got the shits while i was in LOS for 3 weeks... I did come down with some type of 24/hr cold tho.. soar throat , but my bowels were not

blown up.

Im not a big fan of pepdobismo tho... I take it when im getting on a plane, to make sure i dont have the urge to shit... I also take if if i have plans to be somewhere or do something... but any other time.. if my body wants to get rid of something, Im not going to try and stop it.. something is wrong in my body and thats the exit point lol

Lou

I ate from the carts for two whole weeks and never had as much as a gurgle.

Never drank the water though.

Found some nice food courts in Soi Yamato yesterday. Kwai Teal sai moo (This noodle soup thingy) for 25 Baht. I think you can't get healthier food for that price in Pattaya. And hell: It tastes good. :)

Never had a problem with street vendors, but I did from a really nice restaurant on the outskirts of Jomtien...typical!

I eat the kebabs from the carts all the time. No problems. I did feel sort of sick a couple of times after eating at the Pad Thai stand on Pattaya Thai just outside of Wet n Wild gogo.

Big John

I eat street food all the time. Its taste so good and its cheap too.

In Aranyaprathet my girl got us a bowl of shaved ice (snow cone) for 20 baht. It had these sweet, chewy chunks of something in it. If I had to guess I'd say it was dried fruit, but who knows...it was good

"This little incident on the aeroplane throws into relief my single status, that at times leaves a gloomy space of frigid loneliness and a craving for intimacy, a hollow within that echoes a quiet desperation when in the silence of those cold grey London nights and which I felt all the more keenly in some of those moments in LOS when a lack of true intimacy is apparent in the financially fuelled sexual congresses of the P4P scene. However, these are only in moments of weakness and self pity and would not impel me to find sustenance in a need fulfilling relationship ……….Hell!!! If I were to be given a choice, I’ll take the often pseudo short-term romance of the P4P scene over the risk of the insidious death of marriage"

-Alleycat

MySpace Countdown Clocks

• 10 months later...

sreet food i find normally good,but i think you are always taking a chance,i love them ten baht chicken sticks normally buy in soi 8 by the side of sailors bar,yummy,goes down well with a few singhas