Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Street food

Has anyone been ill or had a really bad experience from eating food from street vendors?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mabulox

• Panudate

• Mr Unix

• makavelli

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

more than a few times over the years I've had food poisoning, not saying that all are no good but some of thier hygiene needs a lot to be desired!

hi all

i had worms once the doc said was it on a stool i said i dont no what it was f---in sitting i saw it on a lump of my shit

cheers chris :Cry3:

Wriggley Tin 1

I would only eat from places where there are a lot of other farangs in BKK that would be Nana Plaza, in Pattaya I have onl had the donner kebabs on Walking Street! normally eat Thai food in Pattaya

Has anyone been ill or had a really bad experience from eating food from street vendors?

Watching my teelak eat fried bugs on Soi Cowboy, that was about as bad as it gets.

I don't usually eat off the street carts, especially not the kebabs :No:

I've eating the fried grasshoppers - just like smoky bacon.

At Christmas I had some street food with a Thai girl and in April I started buying my own which included a kebab.

My mate wouldnt touch street food and still had a bad stomach, I never had any problems, so...

Keith

I've eaten from some dodgy places when drunk, but i've eaten from the illegal hot dog vendors in London, they are probably worse! Never had any kind of food poisoning or anything.

soi diana fast food place it was one of them denmark burger vans fuck shit let me tell you sick and shit every where :68:

• 7 months later...
will I be able to find any fine american fast food restaurant, like mcdonalds?

MC Donalds, Burger King, KFC, Pizza Hut, everything what you like to eat. But there are better options around...

I would only eat from places where there are a lot of other farangs in BKK that would be Nana Plaza, in Pattaya I have onl had the donner kebabs on walking street! normally eat Thai food in Pattaya

Got sicker than I've ever gotted eating a burger from the guy outside Nana. Buy some cipro or lexinor and keep it handy.

I've eaten just about every type of street food offered in Pattaya at one time or another (yes, including the bugs, I was drunk). Never had any kind of stomach problem that I could pinpoint to any of those occasions. I have had the occasional upset stomach while in LOS, but nothing I couldn't just "walk it off". Considering lack of serious food-handling safety knowledge, I'm sure its just a numbers game, but in my case, the odds have been really good to me.

I've eaten at some pretty ratty-looking 'locals' places as well without another falang in-sight. Nothing bad to report so far, and some damn tasty and interesting experiences to remember.

/And no, I do not have an iron stomach or anything, I get the occasional food poisoning + trots just like everybody else.

/I Always bring seme anti-trots meds with me just in case (immodium AD works).

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enoughâ€

“If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?â€

Albert Einstein

Go In the pharmacy they sell tabs you can swallow with you food kills the shits .

Enjoy the street foods excellent

I've eaten just about every type of street food offered in Pattaya at one time or another (yes, including the bugs, I was drunk). Never had any kind of stomach problem that I could pinpoint to any of those occasions. I have had the occasional upset stomach while in LOS, but nothing I couldn't just "walk it off". Considering lack of serious food-handling safety knowledge, I'm sure its just a numbers game, but in my case, the odds have been really good to me.

I've eaten at some pretty ratty-looking 'locals' places as well without another falang in-sight. Nothing bad to report so far, and some damn tasty and interesting experiences to remember.

/And no, I do not have an iron stomach or anything, I get the occasional food poisoning + trots just like everybody else.

/I Always bring seme anti-trots meds with me just in case (immodium AD works).

Same same for me. I eat street food all the time.

The only time I've gotten sick was when I went to an expensive Western style restaurant and spend 1400B on dinner.

The 20B street food has kept me healthy!

All the best,

jH

I dont think its worth taking the chance.

If you are here for a few weeks holiday

you want to be out round the bars not

sitting on the bog all the time.

That shit you dont need

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys

As you know in Thailandia they have others alimentary uses, and many foods are not taboo like in europe.

One of the "Delicatessen" than you con to find on the street are fried insects, as you can see in this photo I shoot in Soi 7, she was selling fried grasshopper, grub, shrimps and beatles.

235734-828.jpg

Mabulox

Edited by mabulox

Hello guys

Some years ago when I went in an Pukhet market with a thai girlfriend, she wanted to buy a turtle for to made a soup, I want to buy in order to free it.

In Pataya I had discussions with others thai girls about what it was eatable or not, and many lady do not understand why many farangs eat frogs, shrimps and snails, and don't eat fried grasshopper and beatles ...

235748-827.jpg

Mabulòx

Many people in asia to eat dog meat, a lot appreciated above all in Korea in China and Vietnam, but not only.

Also in Thailand eat it, a farang told me that in the Sakorn Nakhon province, in Isaan, many people "kin maa" they eat dogs meat.

I Never had way to see, and I was believed that ... it was just a metropolitan legend.

235764-826.jpg

But mine ex girlfriend was from Sakorn Nakhon, and she confirmed that its true ... some peolpe there enjoy eating dogs meat, anyway isn't so popular like eating bugs.

Mabulòx

Hello Guys

If you are interested in exciting gastronomical experience and you enjoy BBQ.

I suggest delicious rats meat.

Enjoy your meal ?

235868-776.jpg

Mabulòx

Hello Guys

In the corner of Soi Bhuakhao with Pattaya Klang, you can find tradtional nice food and dessert, usually I was bought coconuts and other thai flauvour gelly cakes, and other thai street food.

235886-775.gif

Mabulòx

Hello Guys

Along Soi Bhuakhao you can find many street vendor, in this one I stop many times for to buy Durian.

235903-772.jpg

This its a fruit stall in the Pattaya Thai market ... mango, durian, avocado, coconuts and more ... asian street fruit

235903-773.jpg

Mabulòx