Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Was told there is a minimum amount of money I can bring?

Adam Clayton

To waste time between now and my next trip to LOS, ive doing alot of reading on Thailand. I was browsing through Fromers and it said that customs has a minimum amout of money set for entering Thailand. Ive never heard of this! The only two times ive been to LOS i came with the Military so it didnt matter. Now that I am going to be visiting with friends I want to make sure there are no problems entering the country. Have any of you ever had to deal with such shite? Im not worried about this, but just want to be sure... and of course im gonna bring plenty of dough! Thanks Addicts!

my brain is full of spiders and there's garlic in my soul

I've never heard of a minimum.

Theres a maximum amount of cash you can bring in.

I wouldn't worry about it.

If there is a minimum its to stop migrant workers from the poorer countries that border.

You've probably got more money stashed away for your first night.

If you are entering under the 30 day rule, you have to have access to living expenses of 20 000B per person or 40 000B per family. You may be asked to prove this on arrival.

I have never been asked in 3 trips & indeed many BMs enter with an ATM card only.

Peace. :Insanity:

Edited by El Cata
sgu_banner.gif

Cheers for clearing that up mate.

I wasn't aware of that.

I've done many many trips and never seen them check.

I guess a trip to the ATM machine would clear that one up easily enough.

Cheers for clearing that up mate.

I wasn't aware of that.

I've done many many trips and never seen them check.

I guess a trip to the ATM machine would clear that one up easily enough.

I have been back and forth there 8 yrs now, and can tell you this, not to worry about that, I'm sure this min.is only in place, for thai govt. to fall back on.. just don't look like your on your last leg.. Everyone is welcomed.. Enjoy !

Been going since 2006. Never had anyone ask about money coming in the country.

Never even was slowed down at customs. Everyone was just waved thru. Whatever

your money situation. Do not reveal it to anyone there. These girls are pro's at getting

it from you anyway. No need to show off or be flashy there. Smile a lot and have fun!

you be ok,as they know you are on holiday,as got holiday visa,28 day,and got return ticket too,as flight details on visa

and you a tourist so got money for your holiday,

i been going for 7 years now,twice a year,never been asked about how much cash i got

i think max cash aloud is 10 000 ,but can have more if got atm ,credit card

i usally have 2000 gbp plus credit card back up

you can email the thai embassy if still unsure,there is several in every country

they mostly after wanted people and pedos,as you get picture taken at swampy airport and passport scaned,so if you are wanted

they got you ,at that point,off to jail

your only problem will be ,makeing your money last the hole trip

as thai girls are so cute and help you spend it,i struggle on 4000 baht a day budget

hotels are pre paid,just drinks,bike,petrol,girls,soapys

well enjoy your trip ,have fun

read up on all the trip reports here,lot good info

make some notes,pen paper

Technically, every country requires a person to prove that they can support themselves during their stay, but it is rarely enforced by anyone, unless you are from a country that has lots of over-staers or on a one way ticket or something.

Never been asked for proof of funds or indeed a ticket out of Thailand in 20 visits.

never have been asked for a minimum :Dehydrated:

I don't know how much it is, but it would probably last 2 or 3 day's now. I think to extend a 60 day visa to 90 you had to prove you had 3000 Baht, and of course pay 1900 Baht. It may have been 10,000, been a while, but regardless small potatoes for farang. But probably a fortune to people in neighboring countries.

Edited by Anokanite

In 20 years and several hundred entries - never been asked.

IMMIGRATION can ask you to prove you have sufficient funds and a return ticket. This is usually only ever checked for those that come from counties with a bad track record. If your from India Pakistan or an ex USSR country or look like a adown and out back packer you may be asked.

You don't need cash - your ATM card is OK.

CUSTOMS are interested in how much you bring in or take out if it is over about USD 10,000 on the way in or 50,000 baht on the way out. There is no problem - just that you have to declare it.

It is better to light even one candle than to live in fear of the dark.