IGNORED

Suan Sawarn Development

w'bob

Regarding the Suan Sawarn Condos, these are now seriously late in completion. The offices have stated they will be finished in May'10 (which would be 1 year late) in my opinion there is not a hope in hell of them being ready then and I am getting seriously pissed off and ready to look elsewhere. In the contract it states (without actual quotes) that a buyer can, if the development is over 180 days late of the completion date i.e May '09, cancel the contract and receive all money back. Now my question is, has anybody successfully done this and actually got their money in their hands? If so which lawyer did they use and what was the cost?

My concern is, knowing Thailand as I do, that if I start the wheels in motion of cancelling, the developers then decide, as I no longer want the condo, to then sell it to somebody else, I end up 2 years down the line with no condo and bugger all money and little chance of getting any either.

My dilemma is that I still love the style and overall concept but how long do I wait and if I do continue to wait can I trust these people to deliver anything like what they promised? I'm prepared to accept some inevitable comprimise but where do I draw the line?

I hope someone has some constructive thoughts, cheers and thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

A couple of points. First, I would never buy anything in LOS that is not already constructed. Second, the money you put up should have gone into an escrow account to be held until the project's completion. Did you ask a reputable lawyer about this when you signed the contract, or did you just take the developer's word?

• 2 weeks later...

you want to sell?

Sorry for the delay, I've been away. As I stated I still love the concept of the place and the work is being done but I'm a practical man, if the offer is right you never know. Come back to me on it.

A couple of points. First, I would never buy anything in LOS that is not already constructed. Second, the money you put up should have gone into an escrow account to be held until the project's completion. Did you ask a reputable lawyer about this when you signed the contract, or did you just take the developer's word?

Hi farang 1, as above sorry for the delay in replying. The simple answer is yes. I took the contract to a good lawyer who seemed very happy with it. I have been back to the site recently and the contract clause for the late completion date of 1000 baht a day is apparently going to be honoured, albeit knocked off the final payment, not cash in hand. My initial query was to see if anyone had been successful in implementing the clause about cancelling the contract and getting all monies back. As of yet I havent heard of anyone who has, cheers.