IGNORED

Secrets Bar

coolguys

scottsw21

dude, are we talking about the same place???????????

I have spent endless nights there (sometimes with my wife too) and there is no way i would have hung around crackheads etc...

i spent Christmas and New Year there and the girls were a mixed bag of ugly ones, nice ones and stunners, basically like you get in most bars...

there is one lady who is a serving girl (food) who looks quite spooky but she is probably the only one, and i spoke to her a couple of times and she was really really friendly and nice (she just looks very ugly thats all)

Secrets also is very controlled by a very experienced Bar Manager who would defienately not put up with girls making a scene or anything like this -

they pride themselves on their good atmosphere etc.

of course, like everywhere else in Pattaya it might not be everyones favourite (and thats fine) but it really is a quality place with quality staff and management...

cheers...

you don't stop partying because you grow old,

you grow old because you stop partying

Secrets, off an alley by Walking Street, up the road a lttle ways, mirrors everywhere, dark, maybe i ws in the bar area and not in the gogo area, but the girls sitting in there that me and a bud could see were not hot at all and like i described, we all had one drink and left very disappointed, it said Secrets outside, i would assume that was it adn i dont drink so it was not a case of mistaken identity

secrets, off an alley by walking street, up the road a lttle ways, mirrors everywhere, dark, maybe i ws in the bar area and not in the gogo area, but the girls sitting in there that me and a bud could see were not hot at all and like i described, we all had one drink and left very disappointed, it said SECRETS outside, i would assume that was it adn i dont drink so it was not a case of mistaken identity

Doesn't sound like Secrets as there are not separate bar/gogo areas. I think you're confused.

where is it then, the bar looked like it had a separate area, it said Secrets, big booths and stuff to sit at, a long bar, lots of girls around but none that floated my boat up NORTH FROM WS, if that is not it then someone better change the sign

scottsw21

yes mate that sounds like Secrets,

i'm just glad its not like that anymore !!!!!!!

thank fuck for that,

some pics from this xmas and new year at Secrets...

no crackheads to be found !!!!!!!!

and from a previous trip...

sorry - some of the pics are a bit big -

ill sort that out for next post promise !!!!!!

IMG_0510.JPG

IMG_0511.JPG

IMG_0512.JPG

IMG_0552.JPG

IMG_0577.JPG

IMG_0590.JPG

IMG_0591.JPG

IMG_0597.JPG

P1010006.JPG

P1010007.JPG

P1010014.JPG

P1010026.JPG

like any bar Secrets has some stunners, some middle of the range and some ugly ones (like all bars and Go Gos in Patts.)

Here are a few pics of Secrets and Secrets girls from my past few trips.

What I like about Secrets is that the place is vey well organised and managed, and the girls are clearly informed what is expected of them in regards to ST and LT (so unless the girl just doesnt like you, or you kick the girl out, she is not likely to be waking you up at 6.30am and wanting her money and leaving)

P1000528-1.jpg

P1000526.JPG

P1000565.JPG

P1010356.JPG

P1010501.JPG

P1010387.JPG

P10103881.jpg

P10105021.jpg

big yuley

YOU DE MANNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was a member of the Secrets forum

at one time, but I had them remove

my name. Their constant shameless

self promotion got to be a little

too much for me.

true this forum is bullshit. its just a big pub for their bar thats all.

horses for courses guys...

horses for courses...

images.jpg

images 1.jpg

DEAR COOL GUY SAME IS WHAT WE HAVE EXPERIENCED TO THIS EOPLE ARE NOT UNDERSTANDING THAT INDIANS HAVE A LOT OF PART IN GROWING OF THERE ECONOMIC AS THEY ARE THE HIGHEST NUMBER OF TRAVELLERS TO THERE COUNTRY . THERE SHOULD BE AINDIAN OR A CLUB WHERE ONLY INDIAN SHOULD BE ALLOWED. EVEN THE THAIS SHOULD UNDERSTAND TO RESPECT INDIANS MORE AS MOST OF THE INDIANS ARE FAR BETTER IN SPENDING AS WELLAS SOBER EXCEPT SOME EXCEPTIONAL CASE . me='coolguys' date='22 January 2010 - 01:06 PM' timestamp='1264136799' post='792788']

yesterday i and my friends went to secret bar near Walking Street and the security have not let me go inside

he said we are not allowed inside because we are indians.

i had heared a lot from pattaya-addicts about secret and i never expect this from them. i have a big argument with the security and he started to talk to us in thai language.

we walk away but it made a black day for us

i just want to share this

I have again checked and Secrets DO NOT have an exclusion policy against Indians or Arabs or any one else...

I cannot imagine what caused you to be denied entry but i am almost certain it must be something you did...

anyway, i have a trick for you for the future...

you arrive at Secrets,

one of you goes in, buys a drink asks to speak to the bar manager, tells him you have had problems before at the door, and that you have a few friends who want to join you at the bar...

you will then see how everything is great and you will not have another black day !!!!!!!!!!!

try to buy one drink each (at least) and if you bar fine a girl from there try to make sure all your friends also have girls too (they should not all want to go with the same one.)

simple

hope you enjoy your next trip,

cheers...

• 4 weeks later...

thank you for all people who gave reply for my message

• 3 weeks later...

Secret's bar is way over-rated in my opinion.There web-site board is run by old,narrow minded white guys, pretty much a clique thing going on.They say that their liberal on letting anyone in there bar but Not really.If a majority of members take to not liking what you say your banned from the Bar & also the web-site.Their mgr. larry might be a cool guy and all but he is paid monthly just like the bar girls and he will not want to up-set the majority of the members.Most of their good looking girls have left over the last few years an there kind of scraping the bottom of the barrel lately w/girls.There trying to be more of a club with perment ex-pats all the time instead of a real go-go bar for tourist's.I don't think they really care about tourist' that much or walk in trade.Like I said there very clanninsh and cliqueish type people especially on theire web-site too.

Secret's bar is way over-rated in my opinion.There web-site board is run by old,narrow minded white guys, pretty much a clique thing going on.They say that their liberal on letting anyone in there bar but Not really.If a majority of members take to not liking what you say your banned from the Bar & also the web-site.Their mgr. larry might be a cool guy and all but he is paid monthly just like the bar girls and he will not want to up-set the majority of the members.Most of their good looking girls have left over the last few years an there kind of scraping the bottom of the barrel lately w/girls.There trying to be more of a club with perment ex-pats all the time instead of a real go-go bar for tourist's.I don't think they really care about tourist' that much or walk in trade.Like I said there very clanninsh and cliqueish type people especially on theire web-site too.

i agree about their web-board, its definitely not as liberal-minded as this board. the pictures on their site seem to reflect your statements as well. i will pop in for a drink next time and see what i think however, since i have never been.

Horses for courses

everyone likes very different things

if there is something factually factually wrong about a place then say it

I'd not it will be regarded as your opinion and you know what they say...

Opinions are like assholes, every ones got one!!!

yesterday i and my friends went to secret bar near walking street and the security have not let me go inside

he said we are not allowed inside because we are indians.

i had heared a lot from pattaya-addicts about secret and i never expect this from them. i have a big argument with the security and he started to talk to us in thai language.

Lots of guys have posted similar treatment at Secrets, even on their forum. Every time a case is reported, some mod or the other steps in to vehemently deny this ever happens...

The aircon is good, so are the toilets. Drink prices are reasonable. Barfines are too high. Girls think they can get a high LT because they work in an hyped place. They hype that's created by their muppets on various forums is certainly not justified...

• 2 weeks later...

this is very strange because i believe they have a no discrimination policy at Secrets.

:P

I doubt any bar in Pattaya truly enforces a no discrimination policy. This is not the west. It's unfortunate and it's idiotic, but you have to move on.

:Bow2: I have several friends (Indian Sikh) who were born and raised in Thailand...I would bet that they have never been refused in any club in Thailand.....Of course they all speak perfect Thai and are considered well to do by any global standard.

Point being that maybe its not the fact that these guys were Indian, but that they were demonstratably foreign in their mannerisms etc. Heck, in Japan there are many clubs that do not allow "Gaijin's" to enter.

If they really think its that important to get in that club than send a bottle of Chivas and some Quality smokes to the Manager (or Owner) with a note and a greeting along with their bussiness card the day before along with a contact number.

Anyway in Thailand its best to go with the flow.

Cheers,

www.snakephoto.blogspot.com

It seems simple to me, if I am not wanted at a place, then my $ and myself will be happy to walk. If a bar or resturant act like a bunch of a..-holes then I will leave on my own. If service is bad, or employees are rude then I am more than happy to leave. I do not want to give any of my hard earned $ to anyone that does not deserve it. Especially in such a competitive enviroment, where the choices are so many, I would be glad to walk.

I also would do a trip report on the place and put it in as many forums as I could. A little payback for them wasteing my time. lol

jmho

tim