IGNORED

Secrets Bar

coolguys

yesterday i and my friends went to secret bar near Walking Street and the security have not let me go inside

he said we are not allowed inside because we are indians.

i had heared a lot from pattaya-addicts about secret and i never expect this from them. i have a big argument with the security and he started to talk to us in thai language.

we walk away but it made a black day for us

i just want to share this

It's usually if they mistake you for Arabs. Also it depends on your attitude. If they said no and you instantly get defensive it is game over. It also depends on your level of English. I've been farted around in LoS many times with a blacker than night Indian bloke with a fantastic British accent(He's Malaysian but educated in the UK) . When he runs into problems he smiles and tells them he's from the UK and there are no more problems. If you get an attitude then they have the right not to let you in, especially giving Thai folks an attitude. The slightest bit of anger or emotion in your voice and you being the foreigner are instantly wrong.

Yes there is prejudice in the world. It depends where you are in the world whether the prejudice is against you.

yesterday i and my friends went to secret bar near walking street and the security have not let me go inside

i had heared a lot from pattaya-addicts about secret and i never expect this from them. i have a big argument with the security and he started to talk to us in thai language.

Just blow it off. Trust me, you didn't miss anything.

www.guyplace.com

I must say, that's rather surprising (and disappointing too). Was in there a few weeks back and there were a few Indian gents in there drinking and flirting with the girls. Illuxion has a point, the slightest bit of attitude and you might be out of luck. As Scribe says, just let it go... Secrets is a nice place to grab a drink, but it's nothing like the agogo's nearby.

If you want a better experience with your "date"... read, learn, live the following:

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/22263-vetting-bar-girls-and-how-to-pass-their-own-vett

yesterday i and my friends went to secret bar near walking street and the security have not let me go inside

this is very strange because i believe they have a no discrimination policy at Secrets.

Night before last, as I was leaving there after dinner, 4 Indian gentlemen entered with no problem.

probe

The Secrets forum is the principal competitor of PA. That forum always pushes the Secrets bar and guesthouse very heavily, always with good reviews by forum members. I suggest that you join the Secrets forum and file your complaint in the form of a post.

That's fucked up. Oh well. Like the others said, judging from the pictures of the girls you didn't miss much. You can find better looking ones at beer bars or other gogos.

it was wrong but like a few of them said, you did not miss anything, last year i was in there adn the girls looked like crackheads, unless there was a major change you should feel lucky for not getting in. There are over 1000 bars that will let you in and if they dont want your money that is their mistake. Tell them your money is the same as everyone elses, if they dont want you in then forget them

it was wrong but like a few of them said, you did not miss anything, last year i was in there adn the girls looked like crackheads, unless there was a major change you should feel lucky for not getting in. There are over 1000 bars that will let you in and if they dont want your money that is their mistake. Tell them your money is the same as everyone elses, if they dont want you in then forget them

Hmmmmmmmmmm..............That's interesting.

I really enjoy the place and know several of the girls there. None of the girls that I know there are "crackheads".

Allen

I'm surprise to hear this as I was in Secrets a few weeks ago and there was several guys in there drinking and having fun with the girls.

She Loves Me I Love United That's Life !!!

Man UTD Isn't Just A Team, Its A RELIGION !

You can be my Wife but only for Tonight !

I genuinely like Secrets but I had a lot of hassle in the bar on my last trip.

I was in town for three weeks and in my first five days I BF four different girls from Secrets which was great at first but turned into a bit of minefield. Basically after this each time a went in the bar I was pushed very hard to instantly BF a girl! Having to explain to various members of the Secrets staff (one after another!!) that I wouldn’t be BF’ing so early in the evening turned into a real ball ache - especially when the more I said no the more incessant they became. Basically because I had set a ‘standard’ of BF almost every time I walked through the door the staff seemed to think I was open season for BF’s and LD.

The real low point came when I was walking past on my way to the pharmacy at the far end of the Soi I was actually follwed up the street and hassled to stop and go for a drink in the bar.

The ironic thing is because they touted so hard I never BF from Secrets again and in the end I just stopped going in. I did give serious thought to staying at Secrets on my next trip but given the above and the lack of a pool I think I will give it a miss.

Edited by The Storm

Interesting! No discrimination policy there. Should have had a friend get a hold of Larry (soi 7) or the management that was on shift. Have known Larry from before he moved to thailand....Next!

• 2 weeks later...

I have been going to Secrets for a long time and have never seen anyone rejected from entering. Of course I am not there every day and night and I am not implying it did not happen, but i am thinking along the lines of some others on this thread that perhaps the door guys sensed an attitude.

the place sux...

you didn't miss out on anything.....

went there twice on the last visit and left after the first drink both times....

I am not surprised if you are Indian or Arab. The new wave of tourism is replacing the traditional "white guys". From talking to a few educated Thai friends that I have made, in general, Thais are very racist. I think this can and will happen a lot. Nothing surprises me in Thailand, so just roll with it until you find the place that makes you happy. Mai pen rai.

the place sux...

you didn't miss out on anything.....

went there twice on the last visit and left after the first drink both times....

i only went there once and i never will go back. that was a couple of years ago and have no intention of finding out if it has got better

I visited Secrets my last trip in Dec and have to say all the girls looked pretty nice to me

Especially this tiny girl from their daytime lineup - Nuch :wub:

Perfecting my ability to "let that which does not matter truly slide"

The Secrets forum is the principal competitor of PA. That forum always pushes the Secrets bar and guesthouse very heavily, always with good reviews by forum members. I suggest that you join the Secrets forum and file your complaint in the form of a post.

he can do that , but the admin on the Secrets forum didnt like the negative post agin their bar, they delete or block the poster if they don't like what the read about their bar.

believe e i can't post anymore on this forum because of somes negative comment on the Secrets politic.

coolguys,

I have to declare an interest before i continue because i am a big Secrets fan...i have always had great service, great girls, great food, and basically use Secrets as my "local"when i am in Pattaya. I think their hotel is the best value for Walking Street location, and their Villa is just beyond cool...(hoping to check out their boat next time i am in town...)

I recently took my Indian (Thai) business partner and we discussed the "Indian problem" with management and they definaltely do not have any policy against Indians. I am sure of this.

I feel bad for you because Secrets is normally very very friendly.

In fact, Larry (the bar manager) is a friend of mine and last time i was there he made it a point of making sure i went to Devils Den because he wanted me to have a great time... I went in to the Den and told the gentleman there and he was pleased to hear from Secrets...

Do you want me to pass on your concerns??????

please let me know and i will be happy to help...

you don't stop partying because you grow old,

you grow old because you stop partying

my offer is still open should you need to clear up what happened...

or is it that maybe they might have had a reason for not letting you in????????

you don't stop partying because you grow old,

you grow old because you stop partying

things must have changed since DEC 2008, because not one girl in there was very HOT IMO, and they werer very pushy to have us BF right away and the crackheads would sit right next to you and if you didnt buy them a drink in a minute they would start making a scene. HOW I DESCRIBE A CRACKHEAD is a girl who looks high, bruised all over the place, so skinny she can hardly stand about 5'3" and weighs about 80 lbs and lips all dry like she is waiting for a fix, about 3 of them in there and two sat with us, i didnt see the rest but that was enough for me, if it is changed i will check it out again but it was off my agenda

Anyone know if a girl by the name of Dang is still at Secrets?

I had a fantastic time with her last year and wouldn't mind another night or two with her :P