IGNORED

age for thai passport

ausielad

hey guys,hope you can help me with this one,my tgf is 19 turning 20 in a few weeks,she tells me she cant get a passport till she is 20,is this right?shes from the villages so she only knows what the others tell her.

As far as I am aware, she can get a passport earlier, but under 20 years old, her parents have to come to the passport office with her, if one of them cant attend, she needs a letter of consent.

"If an applicant is over 15 years of age but still has not reached the age of majority wishes to apply for an e-Passport, what will the applicant need to do?

- Applicants over 15 years of age but have not reached the age of 20 can apply for an e-Passport without parental accompaniment but will need to bring a letter of consent from their parents or a legal guardian."

http://www.mfa.go.th/web/473.php?id=3179

My 6 year old has a Thai and USA passport so I doubt that there is a age limit.