IGNORED

Budda

I have to tell about one thing that happen to me when i was in Pattaya last trip....

I was in a bar called The New World in soi8 drinking and talking to the staff... There came along

a old German man who actually were quiet nice to talk to. He offered me drinks all the time and i refused

some of them becaurse i did not drink as fast as him... lol

Then his older Thai girlfriend ore wife came over to me and started to talk to me. I thought that was quiet nice

so i keept on talking to her since i was not after any ladies that night. We talked about Thai culture and Norwegian

culture and during the time the German boyfriend or husband got even more drunk.

She told the lady in the Bar to get a car to take him and the lady home. Then suddenly the German bloke felt down

towards the floor and i jumped out of my chair an managed to catch him before his head reached the floor.

I ask the lady if the car has arrived and if she need help to get him home ? (well he was european so i had to offer)

She said to me that if i could help him out in the car it would be ok. I lifted him up (i dont know how i did it but i did)

and carry him out to the "bathbuss" waiting in the street. When she cam to the car she took my hand and gave

me a stone where a Budda was carved in. And told me that i am a good man and that i have earned it.

You will get what you want in life... was the last word i heard the lady say

Well i carried the stone in my pocket for the rest of my holiday, and well nothing bad happend to me.... I keep

the stone in my livingroom for good luck

I still wounder WHY ?? i was just helping out a fellow European !! (there is something about that stone)

My linkAll my dreams will come true in Pattaya.....

Great story, KLR ... it's a good thing you were there to help. Hope he got up the stairs into his house ok.

Of course once they got home she might have let him sleep it off on the steps!

Edited by Condor

Warning! Life is sexually transmitted and 100% Fatal

IMG_0885.jpg..sigpic.jpg

"It ain't the dyin' I'm talking about, Woodrow, it's the LIVIN"">

You showed good heart and she wanted to reward that. I would keep it as a 'good luck' charm also. :DeadHorse2:

Thats a nice gesture to return your good will. Thais are often very thankful for good deeds and good hearts but unlike westerners are often not so quick to show it. Often this is driven by doubt as to intentions - they don't see it much so when they od they are often suspicious "why he want to help me, me not understand".

In this case the lady obviously saw through that and knew a good man when she saw one.

Would do no harm to keep it on you always.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Good work on being there for a fellow traveler.

There are a few things you may want to consider about having the charm with you in Thailand. If you are carrying it in your pocket, make sure it is the shirt pocket and not your pants. I have always been told that it is disrespectful to put them in your trouser pocket (not sure why), but the shirt is OK. You may want to take it to one of the local jewelry shops in Pats and have the sealed it in plastic and get some type of chain to wear it on. If you wear it around your neck, it should be removed for showers and intimacies (your TG may remind you of this if she is devout).

There are more rules to live by when it comes to religious charms and medalions. Maybe one of the old hands would want to start a topic on this so everyone could add theirs. having been married to a Thai lady for over 20 years now, I sort of take it for granted, but still manage to screw it up on occasion.

I dont think i will bring the stone with me next time i go to Thailand i am afraid of loosing it....

My linkAll my dreams will come true in Pattaya.....

• 3 weeks later...

hey buddy, good for you, i guess having a buddha amulet for you is good luck eh...anyway the reason is better to keep on shirt pocket is a way ofr especting to the buddha for keeping to upper body, they think the below body is not that cleans