IGNORED

Green Valley Golf are the pits

basthehoop

My Advice - DO NOT USE GREEN VALLEY

Last week I went out to play Golf with a very reputable golf group the TRGG (Travellers Rest Golf Group)

We visited the Green Valley golf club.

I have never seen such bad treatment of a group of golfers (28+) ever before in Thailand

We had a booked time of tee off for 11.00am

Upon arrival we were advised that we would be teeing off from the tenth not the first. No problem we have done that before.

So to the tenth we go. Only one problem. Coming off the ninth and wanting to continue play were about four or five four balls who insisted that they had the right to play through.

As you can imagine this was not suitable to the 28+ players in our group and to be fair the organiser stood his ground and insisted that we got away. The course marshall was of no use at all just not wanting to get involved in the bebarcle and that is what it was.

The round took some five and a half hours and all concerned including the held up groups who heralded from many countries Germany Sweden etc. voiced that they would never be returning to Green Valley and were going to advise anyone they met to do the same.

I am aware that our organiser met with the course management and directors who were present after play was completed and did not receive as much as an apology at which point he promptly cancelled all the advance bookings that had been made for his group for the forseeable future. That amounts to a fair chunk of change that they have lost.

Do they care. I doubt it. I have yet to understand the logic of some of the managements that run the golf around Pattaya.

This don't care mentality from Thai management extends well beyond golf courses, the whole idea of the customer comes first seems to elude a lot of Thai businesses. More interested in the immediate cash flow, if you’re unhappy but have already paid then who cares. Tomorrow’s cash flow is tomorrow’s problem.

Thankfully in most cases there lots of other businesses to choose from.

Let me guess - the other group were from Thai-ger golf with a last minute booking paying a higher rate than yours and therefore you were expendable. That is the experience of other society groups in similar scenarios, resulting in neither group being satisfied with their golf day. So, do what you said you were going to do in November and dump GV for six months - or is it just to close to Ban Chang?

When a man is tired of Pattaya, he is tired of life.

An Agent of DOOM - defenders of older men

Let me guess - the other group were from Thai-ger golf with a last minute booking paying a higher rate than yours and therefore you were expendable. That is the experience of other society groups in similar scenarios, resulting in neither group being satisfied with their golf day. So, do what you said you were going to do in November and dump GV for six months - or is it just to close to Ban Chang?

Thanks for your comments They really ring true

But when are the rest of the golfing organisations in Pattaya going to step up to the plate and show some true grit and not use this course or any of those that give up short shrift.

Granted the TRGG promised to not return back in November last year. But they have learned their lesson that is for sure.

Will the others?

I have no knowledge of who the other groups were. But they were really pissed off that is for sure.

As you say this seems to be regular treatment at this course.

I met with some golfing buddies this evening who have been going there every week and received the same treatment and have pulled out.

When are we going to learn?

Theres nothing more boring or frustrating than waiting to play every shot

The games frustrating enough as it is!!!

Who is fit to govern others?

He who governs himself. ?

You might as well have said: nobody.