IGNORED

Disc Golf in Pattaya

King Cobra

Gents,

Disc Golf is a growing sport in the US and Europe. Rules are similar to ball golf but the main difference is that the distances are a lot shorter (150-400ft) and you use a plastic disc instead of a ball.

I read where there was a Disc Golf course in Koh Samui as of 2007 but may be closed. Does anyone have current information about Disc Golf in or around Pattaya or Koh Samui?

Thanks.

Disc golf koh samui.jpg

Ace Jan09 LDGA (3).JPG

" Duct tape turns, "No...No...No..." into "Mmmm Mmmmm Mmmmm" - Anon

I think the only course in Thailand is(was?) on Samui. I do not know if it's open or not but it looks like they got rid of their website.

I found this "Disc golf! I was just researching the thailand course which does appear to be closed"

here http://weblogs.elearning.ubc.ca/leftcoastleaner/archives/2009/05/the_mysterious.html

Edited by chuckwow

Thanks Chuck,

I will try to contact the resort hotel that is beside the course. They might have more information as well. It was listed as a pay-to-play course so someone had to run it.

I wanted to bring my discs for a round. I arrive next week and most of the time I will be in Pattaya but I may break away for a 2-3 days trip to Koh Samui if the course still exists.

Thanks again,

The Cobra.

I think the only course in Thailand is(was?) on Samui. I do not know if it's open or not but it looks like they got rid of their website.

I found this "Disc golf! I was just researching the thailand course which does appear to be closed"

here http://weblogs.elearning.ubc.ca/leftcoastleaner/archives/2009/05/the_mysterious.html

I saw that site earlier. Its from another forum and the guy is talking about a disc golf basket in a Singapore park in the middle of no where.

I'll do more research and post it here.

where do you yanks get these sports from

where do you yanks get these sports from

Hahaha. Good question. Disc Golf started in the early 80s as a poor-mans sport. Discs were cheap and people set up courses in the woods or public park with just spray paint on a tree as a target.

With Ball-Golf you have to reserve Tee times, golf clubs are very expensive and heavy, you need a golf bag, balls, tees, and of course the odd-looking clothes.

Disc golf has grown to the point that its all over the USA, Europe, and in 2007 there was a nice course in Koh Samui. Its a growing sport. Google it sometime and check it out. Its really fun and easy. Any age can play.

I think I will be sticking to bowls.

I'd rather look at tits, cunts and arseholes than listen to them!

I think I will be sticking to bowls.

"Bowls" :22600584-Th:

• 2 weeks later...

Had a friend of mine that does special dyes on discs to make a "Devils Den" dye for me on an Innova Star Destroyer Driver. I gladly gave it to Cerberus at the Den a few days ago. It may be the only Disc for the sport that exists in most of Thailand.

Disc Devils Den Jan2010.JPG

RogJoyJar Jan10 (2).JPG

Edited by King Cobra

I am a disc golfer in Pattaya, but I am not aware of any courses. I would like to play or just toss some frisbee, or hang out with fellow disc golfers. Maybe we could design a makeshift target course somewhere.

Chris Schutzius

PDGA# 2755

• 3 weeks later...

Hey King Cobra, I noticed that you list your address as Kandahar, I will be there (Kandahar) shortly as part of a medevac mission and am wondering if there are any pins or if there is a course set up???

Thanks for any info,

Guy

• 10 months later...

You could always get a few bars to put up baskets in their bars and you could play round the town (Soi 6 bars might have to be par 3 lol). Of course they could put them near their "bell" so you run the added risk of getting the rounds in!

Playing out of a bunker could be from between a GB's legs

• 7 months later...

i would love to make a course somewhere in thailand. I'm sure i could fine someone who could make the baskets.

It may be a dream, but why not.

• 11 years later...

There is a course in Pattaya now.

I brought enough discs for myself and another person to play.

Anyone interested in playing?

200 baht Bolt to get there.

• Like 2