IGNORED

Some useful Thai phrases

The attached file contains useful Thai phrases. Each phrase is translated to phonetic Thai and Thai script. The file has been around for a while but there may be some that haven't seen it or don't have a copy.

BKK_ebook_lang.pdf

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Great stuff mate. Thanks. I need to learn more than Sawadee krap, nid noy and u taik it in bum.

Testicles

Great Cheat Sheet for the group to use on a 15 & 3/4 hr flight. Many thanks T

May the best of your past, be the worst of your future.

The attached file contains useful Thai phrases. Each phrase is translated to phonetic Thai and Thai script. The file has been around for a while but there may be some that haven't seen it or don't have a copy.

BKK_ebook_lang.pdf

thats in my signature! :GiveBeer1:

Ary ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba

"I kikiyat everything, I never kikiyat boom boom!"

lbfucker.gif

• 3 weeks later...

that's nice to put usual thai phrases it can be good to learn more than sawasdee khrap when you go to north east thailand for exemple.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks, great to be able to have a guide like this

secko26 :Busted:

when using motocy taxis or just about any form of transport when your not the driver

I use

"kap chawn cup" or the like(ad your own inflections) "drive slowly please" unless you enjoy some of the thrill rides.

Member since Dec 06.

Thanks for posting that - really useful

Learning basic Thai really can help you get a long way, I recommend to everyone to pick up a few basic phrases. Has helped me out so much when being there!

Thank you

Sabai dee baw ---- when greeting the Issan girls

I have used Pimslers.....it has helped now I am trying to learn Issan....

Will have a few more words down by my arrival there in August

I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.

Winston Churchill

If you learn Isaan Thai, don't speak to normal Thai's in BKK because they will laugh at you and know that you sleep with hookers.

They look down on Isaan as you probably know, speaking it makes it worse.

• 2 weeks later...

freeking alsome thanks mate

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

cheers for that

• 2 weeks later...
If you learn Isaan Thai, don't speak to normal Thai's in BKK because they will laugh at you and know that you sleep with hookers.

They look down on Isaan as you probably know, speaking it makes it worse.

Too right mate. I have seen quite a few smart arse Farangs make fools of themselves and display their lack of knowledge by trying to speak Lao/Isarn to Thais. It only takes a few seconds to find out where they are from. If they are from Iasarn then they might well appreciate any of their dialect that you know.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

Thanks really great post ! I learned Pu Tong Hua in China, but thai cause me difficulties.

Once you have learnt one tonal language the second comes a lot easier...I used to speak passable Mandarin many years ago..but Wo wong chi...!!

Regarding Issan: beware there is Northern and Southern. I speak a little Suay which is Issan Kmer ( South) which is totally unrelated to North (Lao)...

• 2 weeks later...

BKK_ebook_lang.pdf

THis is great!!! Granted, I survived Patt for 2 months on 4 phrases, I need to learn more. Thanks for sharing!

In the LOS one term that is often used is "Oh my god" Many verans to the Bar scene use the more creative but well worn "Oh my buddha"

The proper Thai phrase is Phra Jow (pronounced Pra Jow), which means God or Buddha. It it's easy to remember and there will probably be many opportunities to use it. Usually gets a laugh from the Thai girls.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

• 4 weeks later...

BKK_ebook_lang.pdf

This might become handy on a long flight with Thai Airways, thanks for sharing it mate.