IGNORED

Telephone Sex

Terence Returns

So it coming up to a full year since I first "discovered" Pattaya, year that has packed into half a dozen visits to town, ranging from a few days to a full six weeks, with a lot of pleasure and very little downside.

Indeed, I think my only real major complaint has nothing to do with life in town but with the problems of talking to one's darling on the phone when you are back home. I wish someone could tell me there was a way or a device to make talking on the phone easier but alas, I doubt if there is one.

The problem is that all the problems of communicating face-to-face are compounded when talking on the phone. In many cases, I have not had a clue when she was trying to tell me and no idea at all if you was getting my point. This was in the early days. Now I am happily "engaged" with someone who it is pretty easy to talk to, thank god!!

Even so, I find it best when I am away to limit our communications to "short time" - two minutes is enough - and trivialities. Bliss.

Only mention this in the case one or two others have had troubles on the phone. Rest assured, you are not alone. T/

TERENCE RETURNS ASAP

video chat the way to go

I can see that there would be some advantages to video chat, body language adds another level of communication.

But as my girl does not have a computer of her own and is not particularly computer savvy, I find it a lot easier to just call her up and talk on her phone. No worries about scheduling video calls ahead of time and it does not cost her baht to go hang out at an internet cafe. I have an advantage in that her English is actually really quite good, so we don't get stuck in conversation too often.

Video chat is a great solution. I had a filipino girl who I never managed to meet but had a lot of fun with on VC, even if she was in public.

But like Furryman, my girl at the time did not have access to a computer.

Indeed, now, although i am happily settled, my girl never uses a computer except when I got her a Hotmail account and it all became I problem. I tried to get her Skype but she didn't have a credit card.

Anyway, rule number one is find a girl who speaks reasonable English for whatever reason - mine worked in Taiwan and speaks Mandarin as well.

If you prefer to go the monosyllabic route, which can be fun, just be ready for some confusion. TR/

TERENCE RETURNS ASAP