IGNORED

Old man killed on Naklua Rd today

El Cata

An old man was run over & killed today around 3am, opposite the VIP bar centre on Naklua Rd; outside the 711.

I was sat in New Lucky Bar with my tilak when it happened.

We saw a crowd gathering across the road & went to investigate.

An old man was lying on the ground, with a small amount blood pouring from the back of his head & a gash on his leg.

He didn't look too bad to me, just injured & unconscious.

However, we went back 15 minutes later & he was white as a ghost (no pun intended).

From what people were saying, he hailed a taxi which stopped near the 711, then got hit 'side on' by a speeding taxi while crossing the road without looking.

My tilak was inconsolable as she new him. She said 'he yermany man. stay thailand longtime, only pay for drinking not lady'.

I was quite shaken up myself by this, experiencing it first hand for the first time!

We blew 5000B & got smashed in Lucky Bar until 10am, when we left for the hotel, a lot poorer but still alive.

Goodbye.

sgu_banner.gif

Poor man, killed during xmas.. RIP to the unfortunte German and to his family, Made you realise that life is too precious to lose.

Was it a hit and run? or did the taxidriver pull over!

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

I think this is it, RIP

http://www.pattayadailynews.com/shownews.php?IDNEWS=0000011520

GERMAN NATIONAL KILLED IN TRAGIC HIT & RUN ACCIDENT

A German national has been found lying dead on the road after being hit by a pickup travelling at speed along the Naklua Road, Pattaya.

Pattaya, the 22nd of December 2009 [PDN]: At approximately 3:00am Police Captain Kriangkraiwut Buakla received a report that a car had collided with a pedestrian on the Naklua Road, North Pattaya. A team of police and medical officers from the Sawang Boriboon Foundation rushed to attend the scene.

At the scene police discovered the dead body of Mr. Wolfgang Ley [35], a German national, lying in a pool of blood on the road. Mr Ley looked to have died as a result of a severely fractured skull also suffering from broken arms and legs. The pickup responsible for the accident had fled the scene immediately following the incident.

After investigating with local residents who witnessed the tragic event, police managed to assertain that the pickup, a silver Isuzu D-Max (unknown license plate) driving at speed towards the Dolphin Roundabout on Naklua Road collided with the German man who had been crossing the road near the entrance to Soi Kitty Car Care. The pickup proceeded to leave the scene at speed along the North Pattaya Road with extensive damage to its’ front end.

The Sawang Boriboon Foundation took the body to the hospital for an autopsy whilst police will continue with their investigation in order to apprehend the suspect and bring him to justice.

Edited by SteveB

the roads of pattaya are incredibly hazardous to pedestrians crossing them particularly 2nd road and beach rd.i have had a few near misses myself.you have got to be switched on all the time otherwise it could be similar conclusion as this german fellow in narglua.i have to ask the queston why are there no pedestrian crossings like; pelicans,zebras,or maybe just anormal footbridge like they have on sukhumvit road in bangkok.this tragedy could have been avoided and was totally unecessary waste of life again.i hope they get the driver of the pick-up truck which seems to have gotten alot of front side damage.R.I.P. always look both ways before you cross any road or soi because thais drive crazy :) BB

35 is old now?

he was 53 thats still pretty young

your only as young as the girl you feel

on a serious note yeah those roads are dangerous

\i have to practically bollock my gf when crossing the road cos she doesnt listen

she listens when her mums about though

53 is still pretty young i would think (im 25)

if it were an animal they would have put him down

last tripo some guy drove over my foot

i hope they catch the guy

Ruhe in Frieden Herr Ley

I really wish that the Thai authorities would have more respect and show greater dignity for those that die in Thailand.

You would never get a scene like that in the West where there's a dead or injured body on the ground whilst the emergency services are in attendance and a huge crowd of people surrounding it

Ruhe in Frieden Herr Ley

I really wish that the Thai authorities would have more respect and show greater dignity for those that die in Thailand.

You would never get a scene like that in the West where there's a dead or injured body on the ground whilst the emergency services are in attendance and a huge crowd of people surrounding it

the thai media and press organisations have total freedom to broadcast uncensored images of accidents and crime scenes to the general publis which we in the west are protected against because of indecency laws etc.some of the thai newspapers can be very graphic in portraying incidents showing blood and guts everywhere whilst thais stand around smiling.BB

the thai media and press organisations have total freedom to broadcast uncensored images of accidents and crime scenes to the general publis which we in the west are protected against because of indecency laws etc.some of the thai newspapers can be very graphic in portraying incidents showing blood and guts everywhere whilst thais stand around smiling.BB

I doubt the dead guy cares anyway

I doubt the dead guy cares anyway

yeah but i doubt his family would have the same thoughts. It can't be easy for them to see their loved ones dead with people stool around gawping

you'd think that preserving evidence on a crime scene would be of some importance

Poor guy.

I just tried link hopping through some of the traffic accident stories. I gave up after about 20 dead people.

:(

Very sad.

I guess thats one of the advantages to drinking on Walking Street or on fairly slow traffic sois like Soi6.

I wouldn't want to be crossing some of those roads sober let alone drunk.

Edited by hazze

yeah but i doubt his family would have the same thoughts. It can't be easy for them to see their loved ones dead with people stool around gawping

do you think his loved ones are reading the English newspaper in Pattaya? I think it is a good thing to show this kind of stuff because it makes people think more carefully about what they do, especially the motorcycle accidents and drunk driving

you'd think that preserving evidence on a crime scene would be of some importance

TIT, they don't really care about a drunk farang that gets hit by a pickup at 3:00 am in the morning. They are more worried about who is going to pay for the cremation. This is not Europe

do you think his loved ones are reading the English newspaper in Pattaya?

TIT, they don't really care about a drunk farang that gets hit by a pickup at 3:00 am in the morning. They are more worried about who is going to pay for the cremation. This is not Europe

both myself and my brother read English newspapers when in Pattaya or follow them online when not.

and if a loved one of mine died abroad one of the first things I would do is a search on the internet

And yes I know that TIT but this isn’t simply an accident. At worse it’s murder and at best it’s manslaughter. The death of any foreigner in Thailand for reasons other than natural causes has a severely detrimental effect on the country and the Authorities know that

What to show is a tough decision.

I think showing respect to the familes is important.

I doubt many people are here with their familes. But I'd imagine many would want to know as much as they can after loosing a loved one and would end up searching the web for this sort of thailand news, and see their loved ones accident in graphic details as well as many others.

Not nice at all :(

But on balance I think i'm with mike_asia.

Showing the real effect of accdients and violence makes people think about the real consiquences of their actions.

It feels to me like we're to sheltered from this in the west. TV and movies show us lots of violence but not the real effects of it.

Then a bunch of pissed 18 year old twats stamp on some poor smucks head for 20 minutes with no conception that they are killing him.

If it was someone I knew splattered all over pattaya news I think i'd have a different opinion though.

both myself and my brother read English newspapers when in Pattaya or follow them online when not.

and if a loved one of mine died abroad one of the first things I would do is a search on the internet

And yes I know that TIT but this isn’t simply an accident. At worse it’s murder and at best it’s manslaughter. The death of any foreigner in Thailand for reasons other than natural causes has a severely detrimental effect on the country and the Authorities know that

well at least his face is covered in this one. The new TV shows in Thailand have the picture blurred out when someone drinks a beer but this kind of thing is in a newspaper, i understand your point.

The police and the media don't really care. They don't see the 'big picture' about impacting tourism, etc. This is a place where someone can get killed for 20K baht. I am not saying it is right but it is the way it it. Alles Scheißer

My first trip, and I'd only been in Thailand about 2 days and was in a breakfast shop near the Malaysia hotel. There was a Thai newspaper on the table and I glanced at the top picture. I've never forgotten it: it's vivid in my mind nearly 36 years later...

A youngish Thai lay slumped back, dead in the front seat after a car crash, his eyes open and face frozen with the fear of realization. His door was open (or, more probably, had been opened after the accident), and his arm had flopped outside the vehicle. Behind him, grinning gleefully at the camera, was a group of young guys: the one with the biggest beam had raised the dead man's hand up to 'wave' at the camera.

MY 99 CENT KINDLE: ... 1974 TRAVEL IN THAILAND, CAMBODIA AND SOUTH VIETNAM : http://www.amazon.co.uk/EXPLAINING-CAMBODIA-Part-Torn-Jagged-ebook/dp/B00L0LC8TO

• 2 weeks later...

According to my tilak, the man was a lonely alcoholic & was most likely intoxicated at the time.

A very sad story on many levels.

I wonder, if they catch the people responsible, will it be reported on the news?

I was greatly effected by this. I have had a few bad dreams about it since.

I don't want to appear self centred BTW, he has lost his life but I still have mine.

Goodbye.

sgu_banner.gif