IGNORED

Agoda Card Issues

Joseph Kerr

Hi,

So I booked my accommodation for the upcoming trip through Agoda. Since then I have changed banks, so I no longer have the original card that I booked under. Apparently a condition of booking is that you present the card you booked under to the hotel.

I have sent around three emails to Agoda trying to make sure there will be no issue as I no longer have the credit card I booked under but received no reply. Today I decided to phone them and I was told by some poor girl(seemed a little out of her depth) that they would need to credit the original account and charge my new account. I asked her how would she be able to do that as the old account no longer exists? She got completely lost and told me to call back at 9am Bangkok time to speak to head office.

This is getting me concerned as surely people must change credit cards all the time and you can not expect the person to pay again just because there systems do not have a work around.

Has anyone else had this issue with Agoda?

Now I am starting to get worried that I will have to pay for my room again

Hi,

So I booked my accommodation for the upcoming trip through Agoda. Since then I have changed banks, so I no longer have the original card that I booked under. Apparently a condition of booking is that you present the card you booked under to the hotel.

I have sent around three emails to Agoda trying to make sure there will be no issue as I no longer have the credit card I booked under but received no reply. Today I decided to phone them and I was told by some poor girl(seemed a little out of her depth) that they would need to credit the original account and charge my new account. I asked her how would she be able to do that as the old account no longer exists? She got completely lost and told me to call back at 9am Bangkok time to speak to head office.

This is getting me concerned as surely people must change credit cards all the time and you can not expect the person to pay again just because there systems do not have a work around.

Has anyone else had this issue with Agoda?

Now I am starting to get worried that I will have to pay for my room again

Have you tried the live help on agoda's site?

booked with Agoda many many times and never been asked to present the card under which it was paid. Sometimes room was paid for under a card that did not even belong to me.

most that hotel requires is the confirmation voucher from Agoda and this is even only necessary if there's an issue with the reservation because it was as a result of a late booking.

Don't worry you'll be fine

Have you tried the live help on agoda's site?

I am online with them now but they are trying to get me to fill out a form to authorize them to charge my new card. I wonder how do I make it clear to them I have already paid so will not be paying again? This is ridiculous. If I have already paid what the hell is the problem providing I have id and a new card to pay any expenses I run up during my stay?

This just stinks of trying to scam the customer to pay twice. Now they are trying to get me to email their fraud prevention department??? So they can ignore my email like the other emails I have sent.

Hopeless. I will call them again come 9am bangkok time. Though if this experience so far is anything to go by, I would steer clear of booking with them. Last time this happened to me there was no issue whatsoever as long as I had photo id and the new card when I arrived at the hotel. Will update once I have spoken to them

booked with Agoda many many times and never been asked to present the card under which it was paid. Sometimes room was paid for under a card that did not even belong to me.

most that hotel requires is the confirmation voucher from Agoda and this is even only necessary if there's an issue with the reservation because it was as a result of a late booking.

Don't worry you'll be fine

Thank you, sorry about my rant. I missed your post when IO was writing it. thanks for teh advice, it has taken a load of my shoulders. Was worried the trip would start with a major downer. Now I can concentrate on dreaming of my future 1 night bed partners

I'm in the same boat mate, I no longer have the same credit card but I'm not worried about it I'll just deal with it when I get there.