Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Baht bus to Pattaya?

Adam Clayton

When my friends and arrive at BKK, I hope that we can just take at baht bus (pickup truck) to Pattaya. I would give anything for a 2 hour ride through Thailand with a box of Khrong Tip 90's and a bottle of Mekhong. Has anyone tried this? What would be the cost for 6 people, and is there any rule about drinking while riding in a vehicle?

my brain is full of spiders and there's garlic in my soul

When my friends and arrive at BKK, I hope that we can just take at baht bus (pickup truck) to Pattaya. I would give anything for a 2 hour ride through Thailand with a box of Khrong Tip 90's and a bottle of Mekhong. Has anyone tried this? What would be the cost for 6 people, and is there any rule about drinking while riding in a vehicle?

I think you need a holiday.....can't see any attraction in what you suggest, rather be on a executive bus myself

Sitting In a bed of a truck for 2 hours don't really sound like fun bro . Lol

but you could do it if u wish . Rent a truck and have a blast I would think it would cost as much as a taxi. Ask around I'm sure some local with a pick up would love to do it for extra cash.

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

exaust fumes, dust, 70mph, lunatic drivers, sunburn... :Circle_Sharks:

I think Soi 6 is more fun...just my opinion :Grin_Jump1::Good_One:

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

Baht buses are ok for in town traveling, but the idea of heading out on the highway in one sounds far too risky for me. a taxi with some AC would do me just fine.

Great way to travel in imho, heaps of leg room, fresh air, plenty of room for an esky in the middle.

If i were you i'd request one without a canopy, make it even more enjoyable.

:001_Thank_You5:

those seats are not comfey, have you been before? screw more than ten mins in one of them to save a quid or two. do it in the luxury of a taxi, where you can have air con and sit in the direction your traveling, while still looking out of the window, or even open it to get that in the back of a rusty pick-up feel...

Edited by anaconda19

experience is the mother of wisdom

:001_Thank_You5: this is one of those good old boys from alabama.. he would probably find it to be the highlight of his trip. only thing is i don't think they allow you to shoot off the back of the baht busses...

So calm down and try a taxi or a bus, you aren't going to the grand ole opry this trip..

:D and you will probably pay extra for you budweiser. :Chokdee::Beer8:

Edited by cariden

You will have a bad back, been gassed by exhaust fumes , and bloody wet if its raining and the novelty will have soon where off

You all have submitted good points. My first year in Thailand I slept in a canvas tent on a cot with no AC for two months. The second year for 3 months back and forth between tents and the Ambassador Jomtien. I did ride a baht bus from Pattaya to Sri Racha and back, drunk both ways, and had a blast with my friends. This time around I will be bringing 3 females and 2 other males, all who have never left the U.S. We will not be stealing your ladies, but my intent of the trip is to party non-stop, and I intend to drink a few beers with you all, who are just like me, not afraid to venture the world and have a good time.

I hope to ride the baht bus from BKK to Pattaya to show my friends the Thai countryside, and you are right, the wind blowing all around, the girl's hair waving, passing back and forth the mehkong, struggling to keep the cigarette lit...

After 6 years away from Thailand I feel this would be the best way to endulge head on...

Anyway, is it possible that a baht bus driver would take us from BKK to Pattaya? How much would it cost?

Oh yeh, I forgot to add that I don't drink the budweiser, I am however a Shiner Bock fan, and where in Pattaya can I get good beer? I posted something about this in the alcohol section of the forum. Do any of the pub's carry any good beer? Old English Ale's or anything?

LOL

You are total nuts..

We got offered a ride back from Trat on a baht bus..I declined the kind offer and we hopped on the bus.

I'm sure it could be arrange if that's really what you want.

Obviously, never been in a 'baht bus' have you?

Allen

Anyway, is it possible that a baht bus driver would take us from BKK to Pattaya? How much would it cost?

i suppose you gotta ask urself its an unusual request, if u really wanna do it it wont take ten mins to ask a couple guys or more and get a driver and competative price between them, doin it from pattaya to BKK an not the other direction helps ur price a bit.

i just like to be securely strapped inside the vehicle when it travels at speed! the only difference between a baht bus and a completely open backed pick up is the shitty seating and the fact that instead of flying out of the sides every bump you get to smack ur head on a rusty bumpy metal roof with bolts etc stickin out of it, oh then theres that part where a pick up has a door at the back to hold stuff in, a baht bus has the big old hole to spew you and your luggage out of along the road at any bump...

good luck.

we want some photos please!! sounds like a decent night ur planning...

experience is the mother of wisdom

Your biggest problem will be fionding one in BKK i think.

Easy to find one in Pattaya to go TO Bangkok but I don't actually remember every even seeing a Baht Bus in Bangkok. Chances are they are there but not overly visible.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Personally I'd rather walk, I don't think my nerves could cope with 2 hours in the back of a Baht Bus.

Ive only just got rid of a badly bruised shoulder, from when the knob head of a driver, was driving too fast down beach road,

hit the brakes hard and sent me flying into the back of the cab.

Renting a baht bus from BKK to Patts? LOL. I like this. Cant get it more surrealistic. Great fun. Will cost you, though. Might as well take a helicopter. Have a sleep over in Sri racha to taste the famous sauce, hehe. Love this.

What about a motorbike taxi?

Surely you're not serious about thinking of taking a motorbike taxi from BKK to Pattaya are you???????????

Allen

Shoot no! Even though I will be packing lite, there's no way I will get on a bike with some person I don't know. I would LOVE the baht bus idea from BKK to Pattaya. Although, I never found out if it is legal to drink in the back of a baht bus. I took a bus from pattaya to Bangkok and back (won a karaoke contest and the prize was one night in Bangkok) and it felt like it took forever. I think a baht bus would get us there as quick as possible. I'm goingvto make the mist of my vacation, every hour counts.