Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Tim Boutique Mixup

agent86

Hi all,

Yesterday I used the the Pattaya Addicts R24 system to book a deluxe room at Tim Boutique. The website price said 3900 baht which was cheaper than Agoda. I received a confirmation email for the room and that they had charged my card for the full stay. Today I received an email saying sorry that they made a mistake by forgetting to quote me the peak season charge and I would need to pay an additional 1000 baht per night or my reservation would not be valid. I was shocked by this and replied that the only reason I booked it was because of the price. I have asked for a refund on my initial charge but I am worried they will quote their no refund policy since its less than 20 days before arrival.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Really disappointed with this as I am a new member to Pattaya Addicts.

Hi all,

Yesterday I used the the Pattaya Addicts R24 system to book a deluxe room at Tim Boutique. The website price said 3900 baht which was cheaper than Agoda. I received a confirmation email for the room and that they had charged my card for the full stay. Today I received an email saying sorry that they made a mistake by forgetting to quote me the peak season charge and I would need to pay an additional 1000 baht per night or my reservation would not be valid. I was shocked by this and replied that the only reason I booked it was because of the price. I have asked for a refund on my initial charge but I am worried they will quote their no refund policy since its less than 20 days before arrival.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Really disappointed with this as I am a new member to Pattaya Addicts.

If they made a mistake and admitted it as you say, you have every right to get a refund. If you put your charge on a credit card, put it in dispute immediately. You hopefully saved the email admitting to their mistake. That alone is reason for the witholding of any monies despite their "cancellation policy". Ask them to refund your card, cancel your reservation and if they give you any problems, let the credit card company handle it, that's what they are there for.

Please keep us in the loop of what is happening, its there mistake.

If we need to, we will talk to them on your behalf.

Thanks guys. I will keep you in the loop. I was looking forward to writing a review of this hotel as well.

I do have the emails in chronological order. It was pretty fast:

Emails:

12-21-2009 7:18am PAYMENT APPROVED email

12-21-2009 9:00am CONF:RES: Confirmation eVoucher for initial price

12-21-2009 9:02am RE:RES Email apologizing and asking for more money

The text of the email indicates a mistake on the booking side:

"We extrenely sorry to inform you that we forgot to quote you Peak Season surcharge 1,000 baht/room/night, so we just revise you with new rate as details below. Please kindly tryt o make additional payment if you still would like to confirm this reservation. Sorry for our inconveneince caused"

I really hope this is taken care of properly.

We extrenely sorry to inform you that we forgot to quote you Peak Season surcharge 1,000 baht/room/night, so we just revise you with new rate as details below. Please kindly tryt o make additional payment if you still would like to confirm this reservation. Sorry for our inconveneince caused"

Then it is easy, you write back and say...

No, I am sorry but the additional surcharge for the room makes it too expensive. Unless you can honor the price without the surcharge, I am not confirming the reservation. I am canceling it and expect a full refund.

If they give you any problems, then let your credit card company take it from there. Save ALL correspondence sent and received in case your credit card company wants documentation but you have no reason to expect that you should not get your money refunded.

Spoiler

:Circle_Sharks:

“See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time.â€

4900bht per night?? Wow I hope u enjoy your stay but I would never pay that price for that hotel.. way better for far cheaper elsewhere.

Update:

They emailed back and corrected their mistake. I'm relieved as I can now focus my attention on the fun stuff. 15 days and counting. I most likely split my time between Tim Boutique and Dusit D2 Baraquda.

:BirthdayCake1:

Update:

They emailed back and corrected their mistake. I'm relieved as I can now focus my attention on the fun stuff. 15 days and counting. I most likely split my time between Tim Boutique and Dusit D2 Baraquda.

:Drunk:

Hi Bud

I am happy you got this sorted. We do take these things seriously and had sent a (strongly worded) email to Sawasdee.com (R24). I dont know if that had any bearing on the result, probably NOT, but we do take it seriously and were as unhappy as you to read what happened.

FWIW - when comparing with Agoda remember two things

1. Agoda have a price guarantee - if you see it cheaper elsewhere they refund the difference.

2. The "value" in Agoda is the loyalty points scheme. If you are a frequent hotel user then the loyalty points scheme makes them much cheaper over the longer term.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Thanks again for the support. Everything was resolved in a timely manner and I appreciate any emails you sent on my behalf.

:001_Thank_You5:

WOW, Expensive, where is it, London.............

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg