IGNORED

Baboona Hotel Beachroad Soi 3

funzy

Check in: Nov 16, 2009

Check out: Nov 20, 2009

Hotel/Resort: Baboona Beachfront Living

Room info: 1 x THB 1950 / Seaview (2nd - 3rd floor)

Guest friendly hotel

Nice room, friendly Staff

Nice view, great to stay there

Internet : poor connection

BABOONA Location on Map

IMG_2246.JPG

IMG_2239.JPG

IMG_2241.JPG

IMG_2244.JPG

IMG_2237.JPG

IMG_2243.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I had a look at this place last year & it seemed quite good, but i don't understand why they didn't put a pool on the roof.....

I mean...it has one of the best locations in pattaya IMO.....my GF likes to swim, so i gave it a miss.

i have stayed at 5 different hotels in pattaya and this is by far the best hotel....

its so nice and location is awsome walk out front door and jump on bus and go...

just the rooms are huge and everything is new and so nice and having the massage spa there on site

is awsome and they do great job...

Is the reception cool with bringing more than one overnight guest?

The difference between sex for money and sex for free is that sex for money usually costs a lot less.

Was there the first week they opened in 2005, but haven't been back since.

They were having some teething problems with flooding inside the building.

Should have that all sorted by now, lol. Will have to give them another look

as I like to have a bay view at times.

Thanks for the pictures :GoldenSmile1:

Hey funzy ,

Booked in to stay at baboona on my newbie trip in feb ( 20 days to go !)

- what's the beach like in front of hotel ?

- any shops or pharmacy etc nearby ?

- any money exchange nearby ?

- any decent bars near as well ? Both for girls and a good bar for a good 'local' drinking spot ?

Thanx a lot

- what's the beach like in front of hotel ?

beach is just ok for my taste, ... better take a boat (80-110 Bath) at the Pier south of Walking Street

and go to Koh Larn ... there's clear water and nice sand

- any shops or pharmacy etc nearby ?

- any money exchange nearby ?

- any decent bars near as well ? Both for girls and a good bar for a good 'local' drinking spot ?

Thanx a lot

this is Pattaya .... so walking in the streets, you'll see 15 bars, 1 pharmacy, 7/11, 1 restaurant, 15 bars, 1 pharmacy, 7/11, 1 restaurant,15 bars, 1 pharmacy, 7/11, 1 restaurant,15 bars, 1 pharmacy, 7/11, 1 restaurant,15 bars, 1 pharmacy, 7/11, 1 restaurant,......

near BigC , 3 soapies

have a virtual sight with This Link

enjoy

Thanx a lot Funzy ,

-' F@@k me ' that virtual link map is awesome

cheers

is this place LB friendly?

I honestly think imo that they are very relaxed within reason to you bringing back anyone as 1 nite after a long flight over and few beers my freind took a girl home and i didnt and the reception staff said to me, what you not like thai girl , are you gay ? get ladyboy best of both worlds she said so does that answer your question ENJOY

beach is just ok for my taste, ... better take a boat (80-110 Bath) at the Pier south of Walking Street

and go to Koh Larn ... there's clear water and nice sand

this is Pattaya .... so walking in the streets, you'll see 15 bars, 1 pharmacy, 7/11, 1 restaurant, 15 bars, 1 pharmacy, 7/11, 1 restaurant,15 bars, 1 pharmacy, 7/11, 1 restaurant,15 bars, 1 pharmacy, 7/11, 1 restaurant,15 bars, 1 pharmacy, 7/11, 1 restaurant,......

near BigC , 3 soapies

have a virtual sight with This Link

enjoy

you forgot the hair salons and laundry shops in between.

• 9 months later...

Ive booked to stay here in january for 21days...looks fantastic ..around the corner from Soi 6,branch of K.-bank very close to open thai bank account,and 10bht to Walking Street..and just checked out the re-vamped website..fan-chuffin-tastic :GoldenSmile1:

Review: Baboona, 20-27 October 2010, Room 401 (Deluxe Seaview - booked through expedia.com.au)

Well, we (Gige and I) arrived via taxi from Dancewatchers VIP Studio Playroom (review: http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/66318-review-dancewatchers-vip-studio-playroom-13-20-october-2010/).

The check-in process was smooth - copy of my passport and expedia voucher and we were on our way to room 401. Gige wasn't asked to provide any ID, I guess they assumed she had "teelak status". The lift is a bit small - sort of Amsterdam standard - and no A/C in it - so it's a little sweat box.

The room door was open when we arrived. The room was nice. It was an end unit, which meant extra windows. Overall the room was nice. There wasn't anywhere to put my suitcase away and no drawers for my clothes. I do hate living out of a suitcase if I'm going to be anywhere longer than two days. The A/C unit is very loud. Any light sleepers will have a problem with this.

Everything worked in the room. There was complimentary non-acoholic drinks (water, coke and juice) provided everyday. The housekeeping staff did a great job everyday. I like the body wash / shampoo / conditioner bottles in the shower - saves having to pack the stuff and deal with airport security about bottle contents and such. The bed was comfortable, but a seam was running down the middle, so perhaps a twin room prior to our arrival? The TV was nice and worked well.

The daily breakfast was more then enough for me. I found it satisfying everyday. One of the "gentlemen" who works the breakfast area (getting room numbers and getting egg orders) seemed a bit - well less than friendly for Thai standards. The rest of the staff were extremely friendly and outgoing.

Checkout went very smooth. They watched my suitcase while I went out and enjoyed my last day in Pattaya - though it ended up not being my last day in Pattaya because I had a motorbike crash 90 minutes before I was supposed to leave and ended up staying for another week - though I moved over to The Drunken Duck.

Overall, it's a better than average hotel - and probably the most affordable in it's class on Beach Road. Now, would I stay here again... maybe. I'd opt for the VIP room at VT2A as it was 200baht cheaper a day, the view was nice from Baboona and that's the only thing that beat the VIP Room in any category.

Here's some photos of the room at Baboona...

121010 264.jpg

121010 265.jpg

121010 266.jpg

121010 267.jpg

121010 262.jpg

121010 263.jpg

121010 395.jpg

121010 393.jpg

121010 394.jpg

What's the noise level like at night? With Beach Road out front I wonder if you have loud traffic noise all night?

What's the noise level like at night? With Beach Road out front I wonder if you have loud traffic noise all night?

I couldn't hear any traffic noise in the room - then again it's hard to hear anything except the a/c unit going - very loud! From reading other reviews on PA and also on Trip Advisor it seems this is an issue throughout the hotel.

It is a treat sitting out on the balcony and watching the freelancers picking up fallangs just below...

Cheers!

How is the wifi in the room? Any issues with connecting to it, going down or too slow?

Also can the A/C noise be canceling out with the TV on going to sleep?

On a scale of 1-10 10 being really noisy, how bad is it?

I am thinking of booking this hotel next month.

How is the wifi in the room? Any issues with connecting to it, going down or too slow?

I didn't have a laptop with me and had to rely on the two pc's (one in the lobby and one in the library) for all guests. I lost a TR due to the net going down.

If you have the a/c on and want to watch the TV you're going to have the volume up loud to drown out the a/c.

On a scale of 1-10 I would say a strong 6 / weak 7 on the noise.

Cheers...

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if the reply is too late for you but I have stayed here 3 times and I found the wifi was excellent and i am a very light sleeper and noise was no issue after say 1am only a little distant base noise form the next door bars and the odd passing car, my air con was no problem overall an awesome place to stay opposite the beach

The reviews sound good. I went and had a drink there last trip so that I could have a look at the place. The location is superb. In the end I went for August Suites for the forthcoming trip but I may try Baboona next time round.

ทำให้ไม่ชอบสงคราม

great helpful review sidney cheers mate..i have 3 weeks booked here in january,but the latest "Tripadvisor.com" hotel reviews are putting me off,ants ,no towels and miserable staff to name a few..i am thinking of going somewhere else..what do ya think please

great helpful review sidney cheers mate..i have 3 weeks booked here in january,but the latest "Tripadvisor.com" hotel reviews are putting me off,ants ,no towels and miserable staff to name a few..i am thinking of going somewhere else..what do ya think please

Mate the staff are sum of the best that i have had anywhere but just remember the way you get treated is determined by the way you treat the staff and towells were never an issue but should they overlook replacing your towells its just a phone call no big deal

Mate the staff are sum of the best that i have had anywhere but just remember the way you get treated is determined by the way you treat the staff and towells were never an issue but should they overlook replacing your towells its just a phone call no big deal

cheers mate..am always polite and tip reception, so i am not overly worried-thanks for your reassurance

Im booked in here from tomorrow for 2 weeks, seems to get very favourable reviews and I got a good deal....Off to Heathrow now......

Rich... :GoldenSmile1:

have a great trip dicky..check the rooms for me and some photos would be great...how long you there for mate