Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

"Sparky" Fired

hedonist

Manchester City have sacked Mark Hughes after 18 months in charge and named Roberto Mancini as his successor, with Brian Kidd as assistant.

News of Hughes' departure came via a statement, issued just two hours after the 4-3 home win over Sunderland.

The Welshman had been appointed in June 2008, replacing Sven-Goran Eriksson.

But despite spending heavily on the likes of Emmanuel Adebayor, Joleon Lescott and Carlos Tevez, results have not satisfied City's ambitious owners.

"A return of two wins in 11 Premier League games is clearly not in line with the targets that were agreed and set," read a City statement.

The way our club has treated Hughes is just despicable

"Sheikh Mansour and the board felt that there was no evidence that the situation would fundamentally change.

"This is a particularly difficult announcement given the personal investment over the past 15 months on all sides and we would like to put on record our respect for and thanks to Mark Hughes and we wish him the best in his future career."

Mark Bowen, Eddie Niedzwiecki, Kevin Hitchcock and Glyn Hodges have also left the club and further appointments will be announced in due course.

City currently lie sixth in the Premier League, having lost only twice in the league all season, and are through to the semi-finals of the Carling Cup.

They beat league leaders Chelsea a fortnight ago, ending a run of seven successive draws in the top flight, but suffered a crushing 3-0 defeat at Tottenham in midweek.

Now, despite a thrilling victory over Sunderland, Hughes finds himself out of work,

Under the 46-year-old Welshman, who had spells as manager of Wales and Blackburn before arriving at Eastlands, City won 36 and lost 25 of 77 games. Of their 16 draws, eight of them came in their last 11 Premier League outings.

They also spent close to £200m on players during his 18-month reign, including a record-breaking British transfer fee of £32.4m on Robinho.

City also paid out heavily for Gareth Barry (£12m), Roque Santa Cruz (£16m), Tevez (£25m), Adebayor (£25m), Kolo Toure (£15m) and Lescott (£22m).
Roberto Mancini
Mancini has frequently been linked with a move to English football

Their spending would have been far greater had they succeeded with bids for England and Chelsea defender John Terry and Cameroon striker Samuel Eto'o.

Mancini, 45, won 36 caps for Italy and spent the majority of his playing career at Sampdoria before a brief stint with Leicester City in 2001 just before he retired.

He has managed Fiorentina and Inter Milan, where he won three successive Italian League titles and two Italian Cups, before being dismissed in May 2008.

Since then, he has regularly been linked with managerial vacancies in England.

Commenting on the appointment of Mancini, chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak said: "Roberto is a hugely experienced manager with a proven track record of winning trophies and championships. His experience and track record speak for themselves.

"What is absolutely clear is that Roberto believes in Manchester City's potential to achieve at the highest level and importantly in his own ability to make this happen.

"My hope is that our incredible fans will join us in welcoming Roberto to the football club."

Steve Bruce, the Sunderland manager, said in his post-match interview that it would be "disappointing" if Hughes, a former team-mate of his at Manchester United, did part company with City.

"You can't build a football club in 18 months and one transfer window. You need a bit of time," said Bruce.

"I don't think anyone is surprised by these things anymore. It is ridiculous. You are not going to encourage any young person to try and take this up. What is the point?

"What are the stats? Managers last about 18 months in the Championship. It is longer in the Premier League, but that is because of the amount of time Sir Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger and David Moyes have been in their jobs.

"I am disappointed for Mark Hughes. Really disappointed."

Hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

Abit gutted for him,6 points off third place with a game in hand,only 2 defeats up to now all season and in the semi final of the cup but still not good enough.Rome wasn't built in aday.

Sad for Mark Huges.

The reason I am sure is to many draws.

With all the money the owners have they have time & to replace Mark Huges you would think of top managers like Gus Hindink or Jose Moriniho.

So to bring in Roberto Manchini who is a no one in manager terms & with very little experence is just stupid & crazy.

I agree with Alan Hansen on MOD tonight Manchini will do no better than Mark Huges.

another amazing talking point as always with football & the great game.

Just goes to show how STUPID the 2nd richest club in the world are!!! Sacking Sparky as he was BUILDING a team,look at Fergie and Wenger the 2 longest serving managers in the prem.Both had dodgy starts but were allowed to build teams and dynastys that still hold today as they will for many years.

Dave

[URL=[url="http://www.babydollspattaya.com/images/baby-dolls-addict.html%5D"]http://www.babydollspattaya.com/images/baby-dolls-addict.html][/url][img]http://www.babydollspattaya.com/images/babydollsaddict.gif[/img][/URL]  

I find it extremely hard to feel sorry for Sparky bearing in mind the compensation package that he will recieve from Man City

Regardless the manner in which the whole situation was managed by the Man City management was disappointing ... reminds me of the sacking of Martin Jol with Spurs.

sparky will not be out of the game for long.he is still a rookie manager learning the ropes.he did well at blacburn but City are a totally different kettle of fish.maybe the job was just too big for him.he has spent nearly a quarter of a billion quid in building a team thats about 3million pounds per day spent during his short tenure at the helm.the owners want results yesterday and not in three years time.hughesy knew the ultimatum or the minimum requirements of atop 4spot and to win atrophy.although there are currently 6th and in the semi-final of the carlin cup against United they are conceeding far too many goals particularly when they should have put games to bed with 3points.there back four is abject lesscot is indescive,toure is feeble,bridge is slow and passionless.they play like abunch of strangers totally disjointed.going forward tey are ok but please adabayor?why oh whydid they sell richard dunne to villa who is playing better than ever,big error.as for fergie and wenger i dont think any modern manager will be given extented grace like that ever again.it just wont happen.fergie was already a star coach because of what he did at aberdeen during the 1980s where he overturned the dominance of the old firm of glasgow celtis and rangers and actually won many trophies at home and in europe ie the cup winners cup.as for this italian,thay seem to be flavour of the month at the moment its like the roman invasion again.im not sure but did he manage inter milan to 3 league titles and he acctually played in england for leicester 25 yrs ago me thinks

anyway City have now got to move forward znd brian kiddo as number 2 is not abad decision.regards BB.(a true red devil but my dads a true blue so bring on the derby)

Abit gutted for him,6 points off third place with a game in hand,only 2 defeats up to now all season and in the semi final of the cup but still not good enough.Rome wasn't built in aday.

Exactly and when you read it like that it seems very harsh on him. It doesn't surprise me one bit though, in the Premiership these days the billionaire owners want instant results when they start to pump money into the club. Sparky was just a victim of circumstance, he just happened to be there when they were taken over and all this expectation was put on them. He's not a bad manager, I just don't think he has the credentials to take them to the next step. I'm sure there will be many other clubs that will want to snap him up. His managerial career is still in it's early stages and I think he has a long way to go before he is a top manager.

I think it will cause more disruption if anything. They should have waited until the end of the season IMHO and then replaced him.

Big Brother is watching you. - George Orwell
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry. - Jack Kerouac
Find what you love and let it kill you. - Charles Bukowski 
Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. - Confucius 
I wish I could show you when you are alone or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. - Hafiz of Shiraz
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche 
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde
The general public doesn't know what's happening, and it doesn't even know that it doesn't know. - Noam Chomsky
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens 

"Up to me" since 2005

Inevitable IMO but Mancinis appointment shows the inability of the owners to "understand" the game.

With the money they have they can buy almost anyone......but who will come???

If they had an absolute TOP NOTCH manager then some of the top players would go there - simple. There are only a very small handful of managers who have that clout and they need to find on of them or nothing will really change.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Just goes to show how STUPID the 2nd richest club in the world are!!! Sacking Sparky as he was BUILDING a team,look at Fergie and Wenger the 2 longest serving managers in the prem.Both had dodgy starts but were allowed to build teams and dynastys that still hold today as they will for many years. Dave

Agree, time is always required to build & develope.

I find it extremely hard to feel sorry for Sparky bearing in mind the compensation package that he will recieve from Man CityRegardless the manner in which the whole situation was managed by the Man City management was disappointing ... reminds me of the sacking of Martin Jol with Spurs.

I feel for Mark Huges he was doing ok & with the January window he would have added some strength to the team.

Pride is the thing here & he is a proud man with class.

Spurs sacked Martin Jol & then paid millions of pounds for managers & players & they have still not got back to 5th place in the prem.

Harry is a great guy so good luck to him & I hope he can clear his ding dong with the revenue.

sparky will not be out of the game for long.he is still a rookie manager learning the ropes.he did well at blacburn but City are a totally different kettle of fish.maybe the job was just too big for him.he has spent nearly a quarter of a billion quid in building a team thats about 3million pounds per day spent during his short tenure at the helm.the owners want results yesterday and not in three years time.hughesy knew the ultimatum or the minimum requirements of atop 4spot and to win atrophy.although there are currently 6th and in the semi-final of the carlin cup against United they are conceeding far too many goals particularly when they should have put games to bed with 3points.there back four is abject lesscot is indescive,toure is feeble,bridge is slow and passionless.they play like abunch of strangers totally disjointed.going forward tey are ok but please adabayor?why oh whydid they sell richard dunne to villa who is playing better than ever,big error.as for fergie and wenger i dont think any modern manager will be given extented grace like that ever again.it just wont happen.fergie was already a star coach because of what he did at aberdeen during the 1980s where he overturned the dominance of the old firm of glasgow celtis and rangers and actually won many trophies at home and in europe ie the cup winners cup.as for this italian,thay seem to be flavour of the month at the moment its like the roman invasion again.im not sure but did he manage inter milan to 3 league titles and he acctually played in england for leicester 25 yrs ago me thinksanyway City have now got to move forward znd brian kiddo as number 2 is not abad decision.regards BB.(a true red devil but my dads a true blue so bring on the derby)

Mark Huges is a great young manager & will go to the top IMO.

the guy has balls & lets be clear the man city job is one of them jobs that is hell on earth.

Exactly and when you read it like that it seems very harsh on him. It doesn't surprise me one bit though, in the Premiership these days the billionaire owners want instant results when they start to pump money into the club. Sparky was just a victim of circumstance, he just happened to be there when they were taken over and all this expectation was put on them. He's not a bad manager, I just don't think he has the credentials to take them to the next step. I'm sure there will be many other clubs that will want to snap him up. His managerial career is still in it's early stages and I think he has a long way to go before he is a top manager. I think it will cause more disruption if anything. They should have waited until the end of the season IMHO and then replaced him.

Fair comment in general.

With time I believe he would have took them to the next level.

Instant results are not always possible in Pattaya never mind the prem. LOL.

Inevitable IMO but Mancinis appointment shows the inability of the owners to "understand" the game.With the money they have they can buy almost anyone......but who will come???If they had an absolute TOP NOTCH manager then some of the top players would go there - simple. There are only a very small handful of managers who have that clout and they need to find on of them or nothing will really change.

Agree.

Manchinni will be true italian so it will be 110% defend & crap to watch & why is he any better to manage than Mark.

Top notch would think twice about the job & there is only so many managers who are tops who are available.

Good views & football is like Pattaya full of hot stuff along with ups & downs. LOL.

sparky was a dead man walking ever since the arabs rolled into town because he wasnt their appointment so it was only a matter of when and not if im afraid.i totally agree that he should have been given to the end of the season though and judged him then. ithink the results recently against bolton and spurs sealed his fate.the performances were nothing but terrible.i like hughesy he was a legend at man utd and will never be forgotten.he wiill definitely bounce back and become an even better manager due to it.what would rub salt into the wound is if City now go on a good run or even maybe win the carling cup with the same team and then the italian Mancinity will get all the credit.oh well thats bloody football for you init.BB

Its a strange decision.

When city was taken over I thought sparky would go.

He was Taksins man.

If the new owners are going to throw 200million down the toilet that is premier league football then they'll want their own man to do it.

Seemed like they take one of two routes to me.

1. Sack him immediatly and get a new man. At the start of the season there were a few big names free, including Mancini.

2. Line up a really big name like Mourinio. These guys usually come at the end of the season, so they give Hughes a season and then bring there man in.

To do it mid-season like that when he was meeting all his targets....

I don't feel sorry for Sparky. He'll walk out with 3million+ and straight into another high paid job.

Being treated like this is one of the reasons managers are paid so much and make sure they negotiate nice long deals.

Mancini is a good manager. He's only been in football 5 or 6? years and he's won more major trophies than the great Arsene Wenger.

Though the first of his three Italian titles was because Juve were caught in a match fixing scandal and stripped of the title.

Heres a rumour for you.

Mourinio is having big problems at Inter. He's not improved on Mancini's work, hes in constant conflict with he ownes and most of the Italian media.

Inter want him out and Mourinio keeps saying he wants back to the prem. He can't go to Chelsea, wenger doesn't look like he's going anywhere. Liverpool is a iffy choice with the lack of money and Gillet and Hicks in the background meddling in club business (something mourinio has a very poor track record for handling). That leaves United and city as the remaining big clubs with big pockets. Unless Fergie is on the way out soon, his best option is City and it appeals to Mourinios arrogance and self-beleif.

But Mourinio won't leave inter until the end of the season, he wants another title and refuses to be pushed out like this.

Mancini loves Inter and would love to go back.

Mancini's contract has a break point at the end of the season.

How about this. City take on Mancini to get them through this season, and agree to swap Mourinio for Mancini at the end of the season...

Mancini is a good manager. He's only been in football 5 or 6? years and he's won more major trophies than the great Arsene Wenger.

Though the first of his three Italian titles was because Juve were caught in a match fixing scandal and stripped of the title

:Jail1:

Now that is worth a look at.

Seria A is not as major as the Prem.

the great Arsene Wenger got his team to the Champions Leauge final & Mancini will never get a team to the final, well he has bob hope.

I do not see how you can say Mancini is a good manager.

Arsenal manager has made them millions of pounds & is on his way with wounder kids.

It would be nice to see Mourinho back in the prem & love him or hate him he is a top mother fucker.

Madrid will need Moriniho very soon I am sure.

:Greetings9:

:Doghouse:

Wenger is one of the greats and I don't think Mancini is better.

But I made that comment about major titles because people were saying Mancini is useless and has done nouthing.

In my mind Major titles are the Prem, Spain, Italy and europe and Mancini has 3 to wengers 2.

but yeah the prem is harder and wengers has done a lot of other things including nearly winning europe and is a chairmans dream, a prem manager who doesn't spend all the money they give him.

I'm looking forward to a cracking end to the season and I think city will move forward with Mancini.

Edited by hazze

Heres a rumour for you.

Mourinio is having big problems at Inter. He's not improved on Mancini's work, hes in constant conflict with he ownes and most of the Italian media.

Inter want him out and Mourinio keeps saying he wants back to the prem. He can't go to Chelsea, wenger doesn't look like he's going anywhere. Liverpool is a iffy choice with the lack of money and Gillet and Hicks in the background meddling in club business (something mourinio has a very poor track record for handling). That leaves United and city as the remaining big clubs with big pockets. Unless Fergie is on the way out soon, his best option is City and it appeals to Mourinios arrogance and self-beleif.

But Mourinio won't leave inter until the end of the season, he wants another title and refuses to be pushed out like this.

Mancini loves Inter and would love to go back.

Mancini's contract has a break point at the end of the season.

How about this. City take on Mancini to get them through this season, and agree to swap Mourinio for Mancini at the end of the season...

Interesting and not beyond the realms of possibility either.

However I remain convinced Mourinho wants the United job and whats more I think Fergie wants that too........................just in Fergies timescale.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Sparky's record at City this season W7 D8 L2

Less defeats than the whole of the Premier league.

Absolute disgrace

IF ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL WHERE IS THE REST OF MY PENIS?

Inevitable IMO but Mancinis appointment shows the inability of the owners to "understand" the game.

With the money they have they can buy almost anyone......but who will come???

If they had an absolute TOP NOTCH manager then some of the top players would go there - simple. There are only a very small handful of managers who have that clout and they need to find on of them or nothing will really change.

Let them carry on with it. They'll learn the hard way.

Interesting and not beyond the realms of possibility either.

However I remain convinced Mourinho wants the United job and whats more I think Fergie wants that too........................just in Fergies timescale.

And I want it too. The only manager with the character and credentials to take the job and he has already publically stated he is interested. It's inevitable for me and he will be awesome at United IMHO.

Sparky's record at City this season W7 D8 L2

Less defeats than the whole of the Premier league.

Absolute disgrace

Delusions of grandeur me thinks. 34 years fuck all. Huge club citeh. :BJ3:

Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant
I wish I could show you when you are alone or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. - Hafiz of Shiraz
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche 
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde
The general public doesn't know what's happening, and it doesn't even know that it doesn't know. - Noam Chomsky
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens 

"Up to me" since 2005

Yeah but they ARE a huge club now.

If Mancini is successful and City do get to the Chmapions league then they will start to attract the best players in the World. Don't forget they are a bottomelss cash pit.

United I fear for as much as I love watching them...They need success in the Champions League EVERY year just to meet the Glazers loan repayments. A bad season...well I hate to imagine.

It seems OK now but I'm just praying that the Glazers don't turn United into one monumental fuck up....

Or We'll all be off to watch the FC club at Bury.....

IF ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL WHERE IS THE REST OF MY PENIS?

Yeah but they ARE a huge club now.

If Mancini is successful and City do get to the Chmapions league then they will start to attract the best players in the World. Don't forget they are a bottomelss cash pit.

United I fear for as much as I love watching them...They need success in the Champions League EVERY year just to meet the Glazers loan repayments. A bad season...well I hate to imagine.

It seems OK now but I'm just praying that the Glazers don't turn United into one monumental fuck up....

Or We'll all be off to watch the FC club at Bury.....

Yeah.

The way the Glaziers are running that club is shocking.

I can understand they secured the loan they took to buy the club on their biggest assest - the club.

Thats the way a lot of these big buyouts are done.

But to then use Uniteds money to service their loans! Thats the same as raiding the clubs balance every year to fund their own.

The state of some of the prems big clubs is really worrying.

I think the same with City. If they can make the top 4, get a bit of stability and shake their reputation as suckers who pay well over the going rate for anyone who was once a star, then they'll attract the worlds best players.

Now everyone else is skint or reluctant to buy, that gap between the old top 4 and city is looking smaller all the time.

Oh how boring. The various theories that United will go under if they fail to get into the CL are a load of shite. Just look at the big Italian clubs, most of them are in huge debt. The debt that United have makes no difference at all in real terms and if you had even a rudimentary understanding of economics you would know that.

Let's look at the worse case scenario: that United have to go into administration because of their debt.

How many people out there do you think would want to take over arguably the biggest and most famous club in the world? Form an orderly queue please.......

I rest my case.

"Up to me" since 2005

the debt of any club is only an issue if they cannot service it

and the amount of debt is relative to the P&L and BS of the club

for a club like Man Utd their level of debt is not an issue for them

they are arguably the most diversified club in generating income from a variety of football and non football sources

however, I would like to see Man Utd go into administration!

Edited by tl6237

the debt of any club is only an issue if they cannot service it

and the amount of debt is relative to the P&L and BS of the club

for a club like Man Utd their level of debt is not an issue for them

they are arguably the most diversified club in generating income from a variety of football and non football sources

Thank you.

however, I would like to see Man Utd go into administration!

And I hope you die in a freak yachting accident. :D

Edited by Siam Sam

"Up to me" since 2005

And I want it too. The only manager with the character and credentials to take the job and he has already publically stated he is interested. It's inevitable for me and he will be awesome at United IMHO.

Mourhino is not the man for the Man Utd job IMO.

He is to moody & is the wrong side of the press in the UK.

Loyal to his pay masters ???? think about it he even turns on them.

he could be on his way to Man City as some members have said above.

Sir alex is going not moving out or down he is to loyal & fuking loves being the real king at old trafford.

Just to change things a little good luck to Newcastle, I hope they are in the prem soon.

:o

Man Utd like any business have to service loans & debt.

the Glazers came in & like all business men they are out to make money.

Man Utd is a massive brand & would be bought up tomorrow if the Glazers wanted to sell or hit the shit with the banks.

Just like all top 3 or 4 teams in the prem there are firms waiting to snap them up.

The extra twist & hell if it was to come is when & if Sky sports or some cable firms cut the money or stop purchasing the TV live covarage as it does not sell so well all over the globe to paying customers.

Now that would catch some teams & fuck them where the sun does not shine.

A education to all prem clubs should be remember Leeds Utd only 9 years ago ??????? I do sad.

:o