IGNORED

video editing software

Chilli Pepper

Can any one recommend some cheap or free video editing software, i am

not Steven Speilbergand don't want to make the avatar sequel.

Just would like some simple software that will allow me to convert/edit and

combine short video clips taken with my camera and maybe add some background

music and basic titles.

Edited by Chilli Pepper

Can any one recommend some cheap or free video editing software, i am not Steven Speilberg

and don't want to make the avatar sequel.

Just would like some simple software that will allow me to convert/edit short clips taken with my camera

any maybe add some background music and basic titles.

If you have a Windows OS like XP or Vista on your computer you already have "Windows Movie Maker" installed on your computer!

Look in your "Programs", it's easy to use!

Plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

ive used youlead video studio..i found it very easy to put videos together

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

Thanks for the response the windows movie maker looks fine what for i need.

Look out for a Chilli Pepper production in the new year.

• 4 weeks later...

I frequent this site that is specifically for video. http://www.videohelp.com/ We're a lot more newbie friendly than Doom9. :)

WMM is OK for basic video, but if you want to create DVDs or convert to or from other video and audio formats, it's a bit limited. :10of10Score: Which video editor you need depends on the video format you are using and what your final format needs to be, and how complex your editing needs to be. The freeware editors are OK, but some have a bit of a learning curve if you're new to video, and they may not be able to do transitions or other advanced effects. But for just cut and paste they work well enough most times.

If you plan to do a lot of editing, then a payware editor would be more advisable. And some highly compressed formats like H.264 and Divx/Xvid are not as easy to edit. Quite a few newer camcorders, especially HD camcorders, use video formats that are very difficult to edit and convert.:Bow: