IGNORED

why is the connection on the forum so slow?

fcke1968

Every since the new layout of the forum i think the connection and the upload is really really slow.Anyone else have the same problem?It is really irritating,Before the new layout of the forum it was much faster.

Every since the new layout of the forum i think the connection and the upload is really really slow.Anyone else have the same problem?It is really irritating,Before the new layout of the forum it was much faster.

Mine seems fine, but i didnt see the old layout so i cant compare.

Mine is slow too. Ive used IE8 and Firefox to view and they are both sloooowwwww. Seems like it keeps trying to go thru the actions of opening and closing the shoutbox first. Personally I think the shoutbox needs to be removed and only selected as a link so it doesnt keep popping up and then closing. Thats probally has alot to do with the slow processing.

Mine one is grand. Maybe you need to work on it.. It used to be slow few months ago til I worked outthe problem. You can try downloads the Pattaya-addicts website on your computer, It might work.

was slow a few weeks ago but its fine now

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

mine has been really bad over the last week and freezing most of the time.

Someone said to switch to Google Chrome and use that as my browser and it has completely cured the problem.

might not work for anyone else but works a treat for me its never frozen or gone slow once.

best of luck

Edited by sporran2

Mine is slow too. Ive used IE8 and Firefox to view and they are both sloooowwwww. Seems like it keeps trying to go thru the actions of opening and closing the shoutbox first. Personally I think the shoutbox needs to be removed and only selected as a link so it doesnt keep popping up and then closing. Thats probally has alot to do with the slow processing.

Mine has been slow and freezing for a week or so.

Have to agree about the Shoutbox. I wouldn't be brave enough to do it. but I wonder what the results of a Poll on it would be.

Mine has been slow and freezing for a week or so.

Have to agree about the Shoutbox. I wouldn't be brave enough to do it. but I wonder what the results of a Poll on it would be.

You can disable the shoutbox in your user control panel.

Have you read the forum rules?

Please resize your photos!

Sitting here now in this bar for hours,

whilst strange men rent strange flowers,

I'll be picking up your petals in another few hours...

You can disable the shoutbox in your user control panel.

How do you do this? I just got upgraded and now I have the shout box. The forum was working for me. Now with the shout box it is so bad I have to log off and use another forum. I would love to turn it off. Thanks for the help.

How do you do this? I just got upgraded and now I have the shout box. The forum was working for me. Now with the shout box it is so bad I have to log off and use another forum. I would love to turn it off. Thanks for the help.

Go here - http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/index.php?/shoutbox

And use the "My Prefs" button, which will bring up a dialogue box with option to enable/disable the global shout box.

Have you read the forum rules?

Please resize your photos!

Sitting here now in this bar for hours,

whilst strange men rent strange flowers,

I'll be picking up your petals in another few hours...

We are aware that Shout slows the forum.

Have tried to turn it off and we get howls from those who use it so its lose/lose for us.

Use the instructions from devil_plaything to turn it off.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Go here - http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/index.php?/shoutbox

And use the "My Prefs" button, which will bring up a dialogue box with option to enable/disable the global shout box.

Thanks for that, I'd missed it. Whether it's any faster or not, it's a blessing not to have to keep +/- every time because the only way I've found to deal with the slow speed with my Hutch dongle is to have about 4 pages open at once.

( I'll miss the ever present :GoldenSmile1: obviously, but I'll cope).