Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

British Airways Strike

saintphil

British Airways cabin crew have just announced they are going on strike from 22 DEC to 2 JAN, could you be affected like me. Looks like xmas at home but will try every possible option before i am defeated

Seen on the News.. Serious Shit... I never booked British Airways cos they are always in dispute..

Edited by jocky king

Same here. Not many airlines go on strike these days, never heard of Emirates or any of the Asian ones doing it.

I quite like BA and trust their safety more than most of the others, but it's useless if they strike so I tend not to use them due to the uncertainty.

----= You spend nine months trying to get out…and the rest of your life trying to get back in! =----

i hope it works out for you,i have flown a few times with ba my flights where ok then,i wish you luck.

I dont book BA as seats are to small.

Looks like a good choice, prefer middle eastern airlines, never strike, much better all round

Seen on the News.. Serious Shit... I never booked British Airways cos they are always in dispute..

same for me. It isn' t the first time that Britisch Airways let their customers stand in the cold during holidays. An airline to avoid IMO!

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

Nope always fly Emirates since the flight of 12 hours is too long in one go break it up and you get a better sleep and ready for action when you hit LOS.

Just pray red, yellow or blue shirts don't blockade airport this time.

Another example of how unions are about to fuck another business in the UK.

I hate BA economy seats & service & do not use them now & have not for many years.

Hope things are ok for any of you guys who are in the shit with your flights & tickets.

Last couple of days i had been searchin every flight site for flights leaving LHR arriving BKK before new years eve, paid a good price with Etihad £514 thru holiday genie yesterday(14 hour layover in Abu Dhabi like), I was in two minds to gamble and wait a few days see if prices dropped thank fuck I never just checked and the flights arnt available any more and the ones that are are £200 dearer and arrive after new year, big result for me, appologies to anyone whose trip might be affected by the strike, fingers crossed they sort out their differences and you get there. adi

Edited by adi

Money Can't Buy Life Robert Nesta Marley

Crap airline IMO, will never fly with them again.

I'd be absolutely gutted if this strike action got in the way of my trip.

Bad luck to those who are affected, hope you can sort something out quicktime!

If you want something done properly, do it yourself..

Last couple of days i had been searchin every flight site for flights leaving LHR arriving BKK before new years eve, paid a good price with Etihad £514 thru holiday genie yesterday(14 hour layover in Abu Dhabi like), I was in two minds to gamble and wait a few days see if prices dropped thank fuck I never just checked and the flights arnt available any more and the ones that are are £200 dearer and arrive after new year, big result for me, appologies to anyone whose trip might be affected by the strike, fingers crossed they sort out their differences and you get there. adi

You lucky fecker.

I played the waiting game for a month, checking travelsupermarket everyday.

Finally thought I'd got a bargain a month ago, LHR to BKK departing 18 Dec, £800, with a 12 hour stopover in Mumbai.

Reckon I saved £500 the way prices were going. :Pervert1:

I'm also flying from Newcastle to LHR on 17th with BA. Glad I just missed the strikes.

Shame for you guys who might have their holidays ruined. :Good_Post:

Seasons greetings. :10of10Score:

Edited by El Cata
sgu_banner.gif

31 inch seat pitch in economy must be torture on 11/12 hour flights.

Yes it is - flew heathrow to lax, 11 hours. Squished together front to back and side to side (3-by-4-by-3 is a heinous arrangement). Never again.

saintphil I wish you luck and hope that your able to fly out to Thailand. I'm lucky because I live close to Manchester airport. So I've only ever flown with BA once to BKK

Ok am in Dubai so this thread doesn't apply to me but as an observer, and if anyone is a bit desperate, what about Airasia to KL, and then onto Bangers from there? It can be done for under a grand, depending on dates.

Yeah heard about it yesterday morning from a friend and got straight on the phone cos I had a return ticket SYD-BKK with them flying out 24th Dec.

Cancelled, got a full refund, and booked a ticket with Emirates for $800 AUD cheaper which wasn't there before, so worked out well. I've been with emirates before and they are good. So can't argue.

Never could understand why anyone would fly BA by choice. The cabin crew are old, ugly and/or gay

Same with the major US carriers as well. It's a sad fact when the "gay" flight attendant is the better choice over the bitter "old and ugly".

I Love This City

Same here. Not many airlines go on strike these days, never heard of Emirates or any of the Asian ones doing it.

I quite like BA and trust their safety more than most of the others, but it's useless if they strike so I tend not to use them due to the uncertainty.

The last time they had a strike was 1997.

(Not to say that they aren't shit, of course).

Sorry Washington my old mate but the Staff at BA are always at it. F%$king unions they managed to get shot of the British car industry the coal mines and these t$%ts will end up driving BA into becoming bankrupt and then Ryan Air will become the Flag Ship carrier of England, OH happy days, where has My England gone.

If its not cabin crew its baggage handlers or some othere t$%ts

days.http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4144712.stm

hi guys for any of those having problems...try

netflights.com

ebookers.com

or

online travel super market,

try to cancel your BA ticket, get your money back, and go via emirates, etc.

even if you book your flight a day, after you wanted to go, it could end up working out much cheaper.

I got a Thai airways flight on November 8th for £683, from jan 7-jan 21st.

good luck to all those affected.

I'd rather walk than fly with BA for the reasons people have mentioned previously. Flew Qatar Airways from Manchester to BKK and back in October and that wasn't much better. Cabin crew were totally incompetent on all of the flights and Doha airport is a sh*t hole......not even a bar there. At least I couldn't find one and I have a pretty good nose for finding bars and I had 7 hours on the return trip to try and find one! Going to Patts end of Jan and flying Emirates from Heathrow this time, £498, so hopefully that will be a better experience.

Anyway, hopefuly lads who are affected manage to find an alternative route/carrier......don't like to see companies/unions screwing up BM's pleasure time!!!

Regards,

FlipperSoi8