IGNORED

Laptops

osjohn

hello,

I am thinking of buying a laptop for my friend. Is it better to buy in UK ( duty free ) or in Thailand? Cheaper in Thailand? spending about £250. cheers

John Osborn

I don't think it is any cheaper in Thailand...If it is a little cheaper I still wouldn't recommend to buy it from here, because if there should be problem with the computer later you will have to pay from your own pocket for repair. But if you buy from your own country you still got warranty!

“See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time.â€

I THINK THAILAND MATE...

SEEN SUM GREAT THINGS I WOULD OF BOUGHT

COULDNT SEE ME CARRYING THE 50INCH TV I WANTED THO LOL

IF YOU TRY TUKCOM SOUTH PATTAYA ROAD...XLENT PLACE

PROBABLY OTHER PLACES BUT YOU SHOULD GO THIER FOR A LOOK

some good prices in the uk,i have a notebook easy to carry,it has a camera on it,ans slot for sd cards ,about 225 it cost me ,no slot for cd,dvd thou.

My TG bought her Acer laptop in BKK.

A few weeks ago WinBlows XP stuffed up ... I checked it and found that it was a counterfeit copy!

I got her to call Acer Thailand in BKK and clarify where is the original license for XP it should be attached to the machine. The word is that even ACER in Thailand condone there machines being sold without an OS! ... If it came with it it's OK for the Thai dealer to sell it separately.

Bit the bullet and got her sorted in Au ... I am IT consultant and know bootleg OS is more trouble than it's worth ... so now my TG is probably the only Thai in the world running legitimate Winblows 7

Also Thai lappys will have Thai script on the Keys as well as roman ones.

Edited by )2akathaorai

i had this on my last laptop ,a copy programme done something to my computer i only use it for simple stuff anyway.

I'm selling my laptop ... used Mac Powerbook G4, in excellent condition. 15" speed 1Ghz, memory 512KB. It runs great ... selling for 30,000 baht. Please call on +66835862663 if interested. Even have unlocked PSP for sale 4000 baht. with 40 games and 8GB memory.

used Mac Powerbook G4, in excellent condition. 15" speed 1Ghz, memory 512KB. It runs great ... selling for 30,000 baht. Please call on +66835862663 if interested.

Ridic your ass!

that's $900 USD for an 5 year old laptop ... you can get a new MacBook duo core 2.26Ghz 2G of ram for that money.

Edited by )2akathaorai

please get me a brand new laptop MacBook duo core 2.26Ghz 2G for tht price and i will buy right now ... and please I suggest u stop using such language or i will be forced to take drastic measures. Thanks

I'm not the expert, but from what I've seen I would definitely buy in UK.

You won't get much here for your 13k baht budget and don't forget that the prices here are for bare machines - no OS, no anything. Good laptops here are about twice that and up. Sure you can get it pirated up for 300 baht (tho' there is a crackdown on lol). If you want legit Windows 7 add ano' 4-5k.

I would go play on Ebay UK. You may have to go low spec' or 2nd hand for 250 pounds tho'.

• 3 weeks later...

please get me a brand new laptop MacBook duo core 2.26Ghz 2G for tht price and i will buy right now ... and please I suggest u stop using such language or i will be forced to take drastic measures. Thanks

Maurice the current model white MacBook has a LED (not LCD screen) with gesture trackpad , duo core 2.26Ghz , 2 Gb ram USD $999 full rec retail ... you can get deals on these.. google is your friend.

saying Ridiculous in an amusing fashion on a sex based forum is hardly harsh language after the guy tried to dupe people with ancient machinery for a way too high price, so please chill....

• 2 weeks later...

UK for sure on any new or high end electrical goods (unless you want to buy a copy then thailand or china is the place)

if your going for absolute budget the i would check out ebuyer.co.uk you will find the very best prices on none branded laptops there.

For good deals on branded laptops PCWorld is supprisingly good. but if your going on down the branded route your best off finding the model you want then finding the best price online using the likes of amazon, price runner and kelkoo.

Whatever you do AVOID DELL like the plage, cheap tate that is not a brand tho they would have your think they are.

depends on what your after to be honest.

but follow the advice above and you wont go far wrong.

"There's plenty more prostitutes in Pattaya" ©2012™

"Only Newbies go home when planned" ©2012

"I don't run a gogo, i run a dance academy" Â©2014

"Sauna and milkshakes a winning combination" Â©2015

Facebook Group ::: Pattaya Bar Crawls and Parties