IGNORED

Suggestions of major Bar Crackdown by Police following meeting with Provincial Police Chief.

badboy15001

http://www.pattayaone.net/news/2009/december/news_10_12_52.shtml

Thursday 10th December 2009

Suggestions of major Bar Crackdown by Police following meeting with Provincial Police Chief.

Pattaya, December 10 [PATTAYA ONE NEWS] : On Wednesday Afternoon at the Cesar Palace hotel in Central Pattaya, Police Major General Tanaert, the Commander of Chonburi Provincial Police, chaired a meeting of over 200 bar owners from around the Pattaya area. The General went through all the laws regarding operating such venues, including opening and closing times, minimum age of employees and patrons and registration papers to be completed for employees by the bar owner. One interesting point coming from the meeting was a statement by the General who warned any bars found to be paying off Police Officers in exchange for any form of protection would be prosecuted and the officers themselves would be removed from the Police. A special task force has now been set up to ensure that rules are adhered to and bar owners now fear a bar crackdown is imminent, which could not come at a worse time with High Season upon us which is a time of year when many bars do their best trade and rely on the relaxed bar trading regulations to ensure they can make the most of this busy period.

Edited by badboy15001

now thats going to be interesting, i recall a bar on walking i think its under that goodfeellows club with all the pool table there open until like 10am and i recall seeing cops and insomnas body guards there drinking it up around 7am,

now thats going to be interesting, i recall a bar on walking i think its under that goodfeellows club with all the pool table there open until like 10am and i recall seeing cops and insomnas body guards there drinking it up around 7am,

Ha! i know what bar you talking about too, i do not think theres a name on it, but its next to that Marine seafood, they have the music very LOUD and yes i recall strolling by there around 9am and it was a good number ladys and guys in there drinking and playing pool and one girl dancing it up.. so yes your right it will be interesting for bars like that.

So these barowners are always f@cked: don't pay the local police and they shut your business when you are trying to make money during late hours. Or pay local police and you will be shut down by provincial police.

This diversity in closing hours i have witnessed during my last trip in november: the Isaan disco at soi petthrakul stays open every day until 5 or 6am. And Big WS-discos are raided after 3 am.

Aren't they forgetting that it's our money that keeps the place alive for all the Thai family's with relatives working in the touristscene!!!!!

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

Sounds like it will be an interesting next fewv weeks! :c45ec00b::YeahThat1:

This is extremely complex Thai which has been very badly translated. A more accurate translation would be;

I have formed a new unit which unfortunately will increase your over-heads over and above their present level. However you would be wise to factor it into your regular outgoings.

Perhaps the good Dr can confirm my loose translation :c45ec00b:

This is extremely complex Thai which has been very badly translated. A more accurate translation would be;

I have formed a new unit which unfortunately will increase your over-heads over and above their present level. However you would be wise to factor it into your regular outgoings.

if you have a Thai person there translating for you that's good enough for me. Can't see any Thai anyway.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

Why do the thais always screw with the tourists, last year the reds and yellows at the airport, the year before local elections, kings birthday, buddha day how many of them in one year, general elections, the bangkok police in there big black cars another year.

The one thing all these have in commom is they only affect tourists, because you go up country in any of these times and the thais are all on hoilday drinking and enjoying themselfs

Do the police just crack down on the tourists cause they are pissed off they are not at home in the hoilday period with there families. when will they realise we are there bread and butter.

Why do the thais always screw with the tourists, last year the reds and yellows at the airport, the year before local elections, kings birthday, buddha day how many of them in one year, general elections, the bangkok police in there big black cars another year.

The one thing all these have in commom is they only affect tourists, because you go up country in any of these times and the thais are all on hoilday drinking and enjoying themselfs

Do the police just crack down on the tourists cause they are pissed off they are not at home in the hoilday period with there families. when will they realise we are there bread and butter.

I get the feeling that their economy needs the the revenue from the P4P scene but there are officials who's job it is to deny it even exsits. Then there are those who enforce those officials orders and in the middle are the BG's, tourists and foreigners with interests in P4P related bussinesses.A confusing situation indeed with many losers.

Nor can I :YeahThat1: it was a reverse translation exercise :c45ec00b:

I get it now Cerberus.Sorry mate, bit slow on the uptake. I'm still trying to decipher the real meaning behind the words myself, I mean which police force are they supposed to pay? What will happen if they don't pay? What happens if they pay the wrong police force? I'm glad I don't run a bar there as a farang. That much I'm sure of!

Thats exactly how I seen it, he wants his cut and thats his way of letting people know.

Thats exactly how I seen it, he wants his cut and thats his way of letting people know.

That's the solution... You pay both !

The only good that could come from this is the bars might turn the noise down.

It would be good for everyone.

I like to be able to converse while in the bar and some are SO LOUD that it is almost impossable to even order a drink.

One interesting point coming from the meeting was a statement by the General who warned any bars found to be paying off Police Officers in exchange for any form of protection would be prosecuted and the officers themselves would be removed from the Police.

5555555...That's got to be the funniest think I have read in a while. Looks like there might be some jobs going with the BiB soon....lol

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Why do the thais always screw with the tourists...kings birthday, buddha day....

Possibly because it's their country?

well i'll just have to add a bit more for the bar fines whe4n they go up.....

I can just see them trying to enforce Midnight bar closures on New Years eve... Fireworks and then go home... It's never going to work... :Hit_Self:

As Cerberus Says... a new revenue stream is indicated... but You mustn't call it a bribe, or Tea Money... can I buy two tickets to the Policemans Ball Please Officer? Or perhaps I could make a donation to the Police Benevelent Fund?.

Plus que ca change, plus que c'est la meme

"I have passed blamelessly through life doing nought but good deeds, and I am beloved by all whose path I have crossed. It is beyond comprehension that anyone could nurture in their hearts hostile feelings for me." Genevive Dieudonne. Vampire. ("Anno Dracula" by Kim Newman)