IGNORED

Nova Gold Hotel

gogo dog

Nova Gold is located just off soi AR near Nova Park it's built on the the old Jameson's car park. It is not fully open yet but has some great opening offers for the quality of the accommodation on offer. Special rates are B1,590 for single occupancy or B1,790 for double occupancy including breakfast. The rooms are very nicely finished with wooden floors, safe, flat screen TV, DVD player & an internet connected PC in each room. The hotel has a smallish but very pleasant partially covered pool area with waterfall & a small gym. They have a golf cart running a shuttle service up to Second Road. I was also quoted a fully inclusive monthly rate of B39,900.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm staying here tonight. It's a really nice plush hotel. The hallways have deep pile carpets and the rooms have wooden floors. The decor is really nice too and the studios have a 32inch Samsung Plasma with loads of English speaking channels and a DVD player. I had a look at an Executive room and that is more spacious and has a bathtub.

The matresses here are quite deep and medium firm, not rock hard like a lot of places in Thailand.

The shower cubicle is big and has 2 showers (1 overhead) just like the Amari Nova Suites. Big enough for at least 3 people ;)

You even get a desktop pc in the room with a widescreen lcd monitor which is a nice touch. Too bad about the speed of it though. It's exactly the same as Nova Suites internet. I've never experienced internet speeds so slow and don't expect it from a 4 star place! Even my old 56k dial up was faster than this.

Apart from that...lovely hotel.

Oh, and breakfast and room service comes from Jamesons next door.

Last but not least, NO JOINER FEE!

Edit: The Wifi is pretty good here, it's just the desktop computer that's slow. Using the Wifi through my laptop I can surf at good speeds.

Edited by COYS

It looks like a nice hotel but do any rooms come with a balcony?? I don't like smoking in the room....that's the cigarette variety :001_Thank_You5:

Cheers :GoldenSmile1:

I guess this pic answers your question.

1.jpg

Shit sorry gogo dog....i was thinking of Nova platinum hotel...my mistake.

You've sold me guys. I decided to hit Pattaya at the last minute for new year but it is pretty well booked, apart from paying ridiculous rates.

Cheers.

sweet just booked 5 days in this badboy as the douch at Queen Victoria Inn fucked me over...

figured fuck it .. lets go big! little higher then what i wanted to spend... but im gonna be slumming it for the rest of my trip so .. what the hell

anyways .. just wondering what there "guest" procedure is like?

do u walk the girl up to the counter and they take her ID and such?

Yeah the girl has to give her ID at reception. Most girls will offer it to reception anyway in my experience as she'll only get asked for it anyway. Have a good one!

• 5 months later...

just a question about that one, by walking is it far from Walking street or beach road ?

It's about 10 minutes walk to Beach road (if you are not delayed along soi 6).

Probably 30 minutes walk to Walking Street.

It's about 10 minutes walk to Beach road (if you are not delayed along soi 6).

Probably 30 minutes walk to Walking street.

Ok so that's quite a walk and what about Nova Suites, same distance from action ?

Ok so that's quite a walk and what about Nova Suites, same distance from action ?

Amari Nova Suites is about 2 minutes walk from Nova Gold. Both hotels have courtesy golf carts to run you around the local area.

• 1 year later...

Planning my first trip to Pattaya and this hotel is on my short list. Price/features perfect. The only issue that keeps coming up is the poor location, but 10 minutes to beach or 20/30 minutes to WS doesn't sound that horrible to me. Keep thinking I'm missing something. Is it unsafe or ill advised to walk that far or something else I'm not thinking of.

Planning my first trip to Pattaya and this hotel is on my short list. Price/features perfect. The only issue that keeps coming up is the poor location, but 10 minutes to beach or 20/30 minutes to WS doesn't sound that horrible to me. Keep thinking I'm missing something. Is it unsafe or ill advised to walk that far or something else I'm not thinking of.

Have a look at August Suites, better location, many good reviews and similar price.