Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Avoid Cheap Deals: Stuck In Pattaya!, Have to buy new ticket to get home with Luftansa!

real tintin

It is getting difficult to find an interesting flight. Especially from France. I bought in June a ticket with luftansa for 660 €. I took an annulation-insurance.

Now a member of the family is dying. I called Luftansa this morning to change my ticket as soon as possible. A cold obvious Thai LB, just announced cooly, that I should buy a new ticket for 1500 €! Now, I can understand that in the small prints that could be mentioned, you don't expect this from such a large company. It is not a charter flight!

Anyway, says enough about the world we live in, people became robots, and as a consumer, you are always screwed by the big company's.

I am looking for another ticket, other company, but prices short notice are outrageous! I am a star alliance member, could I try to change it to another airline, like Thai....?

Contact Lufthansa in Germany and don't use the Thai office, explain the situation and you may be able to get them to change the ticket free of charge or at a fee but you will need to provide evidence of the situation - something from a doctor or hospital.

At the end of the day though you get what you pay for, buy a cheap ticket and get a cheap service. Travelling for business and holidays I always go for the tickets that allow flight changes and cancellations as plans always change.

I am looking for another ticket, other company, but prices short notice are outrageous! I am a star alliance member, could I try to change it to another airline, like Thai....?

If you bought your original ticket with airmiles from a star alliance partner, it is damn near impossible to change your ticket once travel has started. Changing a return date on an exact routing is sometimes possible but no way do you get to change carriers.

If you are in Star Alliance and have enough accrued miles, you might be able to buy a round trip ticket that returns to Thailand when you can come back and go to Lufthansa and get them to change your return flight to a much later date corresponding to when your next trip would end. That way you don't burn segments you've paid for and you get another trip out of it.

For business trips that did not have a Saturday stay over, I used to buy what the industry called back-to-backs where I would use the out bound portion of one ticket to go to my destination and the outbound of a second ticket to return. The two halves left over were timed for a second trip. Some airlines tried to block this practice but it was easily defeated by buying the two round trips on separate airlines. Often round trip flights can be cheaper than one ways so even if you don't use the second half of the round trip you buy it that way to save money.

Lufthansa reservation: Belgium

Name Lufthansa Reservation Belgium

Phone +32 70 35 30 30

Opening hours 24 h/day, 7 days/week

they should be able to help you out. like said before dont contact the thai branch, but call the belgian one.

Edited by Nevermind