IGNORED

Deposit required Areca Lodge

paulitso

I am arriving in Pattaya for the first time in Late Febuary, and was looking at a room at Areca Lodge, but they only have a standard and are insisting on a deposit via a faxed form with credit card details. Can anyone advise if this is the norm for hotles in Pattaya, as I was going to settle via cash on arrival as I am wary of giving my credit card details in Thailand after various comments on the forum.

I would not stand too close to the windows there, you might 'fall' out.

I am arriving in Pattaya for the first time in Late Febuary, and was looking at a room at Areca Lodge, but they only have a standard and are insisting on a deposit via a faxed form with credit card details. Can anyone advise if this is the norm for hotles in Pattaya, as I was going to settle via cash on arrival as I am wary of giving my credit card details in Thailand after various comments on the forum.

Don't know about Areca mate. I was in their neighborhood and it looked like a reputable joint. But my business (job) relates to this kind of stuff and we advise NEVER, EVER provide your credit card details to an unknown party, especially in another country. Via fax just makes it worse because a fax machine can hold onto the image until someone with a bad attitude comes along. Be careful.

[i][size="3"][color="#ff0000"][/color][/size] [/i]

hi..

first time...you pay cash for everything..

if you need extra, use ATM..

dont know the place your looking at...

many places to get rooms, just depends on how long you stay, discount

is sumtimes 50% if you stay longtime...

plz dont giv anybody your card details, dont even take it out your room

unless you need it....same for passport..

hope you enjoy yourself...

CC details on a fax I would not advise bit surprised the areca is requesting have stayed in the past would give this deal a wide birth lot of other places to stay high is not busy lots of accomodation easy to get a good room on arrival for even if its just to get over 1 or 2 nights

I will avoid, thanks, looking now at PBR but really wanted a decent size pool as well,but it seems a bit small !! anyone recommend a good hotel, no joiner and a good size pool for approx 1500 ?

Yep thats normal for Areca, you pay half on booking and the rest when you arrive.