IGNORED

Pattaya Taxi Meter

nivea

I have seen they have Taxi Meters in Pattaya now (saw some outside The Avenue on Second Road).

Do they ever use the meter?

If not, does anyone know the usual rates for trips WITHIN Pattaya?

This thread is specifically about Taxi Meters in Pattaya, not Baht Buses and Motorcycle Taxis or trips to the Airport and Bangkok.

Sometimes you want the comfort of an air-con car without the

rain

sun

heat

smoke and dust

other passengers

lack of safety belts airbags

etc.

from Baht Buses and Motorcycle Taxis

But I hope the prices would be same as Bangkok Taxis, with a 35 baht flagfall.

IMO most of the taximeters used in Pattaya are airportruns or other destinations but mostly ordered at hotels or travelagency's.

What you are looking for a taximeter in which you can jump in at every corner of the street to head over your destination spontanious like in Bangkok isn't possible in Pattaya. This function in pattaya is operated by the songthaews/Bathbusses as you mentioned.

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

themosch is right about the taxi's being on airport runs.

a taxi driver told me " no taxi in pattaya, mafia kill".

he explained once he dropped me off near walking st he would wuickly be driving back to bangkok.

Thanks for your comments so far.

"What you are looking for a taximeter in which you can jump in at every corner of the street to head over your destination spontanious like in Bangkok isn't possible in Pattaya."

The spontaneous taxi would be great, but I was considering just calling the dispatcher. They have a phone number on the Taxis.

"" no taxi in pattaya, mafia kill". he explained once he dropped me off near walking st he would wuickly be driving back to bangkok. "

That sounds a bit like a Bangkok taxi (in Pattaya) as opposed to the bonafide Pattaya taxis.

Pattaya Taxis have Chonburi license plates and a Dark Blue color scheme.

Does anyone else have any knowledge about Pattaya's Taxi meters?