IGNORED

Jet Airways

blue1878

I've got flights booked for my next trip to LOS which is later this month

But I'm now starting to look for flights for my next trip which will be in late July next year. And I will be in LOS for 3 weeks not that that matters.

Anyway I'm checking prices online and Jet Airways are coming up with some good prices and I like there flight times. I've never flown with Jet Airways and was wondering if they are a good airline or not.

Things like is the onboard service OK, do they have inflight movies, good planes eetc etc.

So I was wondering if any bm's have flown with Jet airways and have any views on this airline

Edited by blue1878

They seem pricy, but I'm checking for routes out of Brussels. What kind of returns are you finding, and for what period?

They seem pricy, but I'm checking for routes out of Brussels. What kind of returns are you finding, and for what period?

Flying out of heathrow I have seen a price of £496.50

I noticed that they are consistently amongst the cheapest to BKK from London.

However I have heard anecdotal stories that the transfer in Mumbai is not very pleasant and this airport is also reputed to be a hotbed of luggage theft, so that has put me off the idea.

Emirates or Etihad are usually only a bit more and you have a far more pleasant transfer stop.

----= You spend nine months trying to get out…and the rest of your life trying to get back in! =----

if jet air is the same as jetstar total crap, was that bad here in nz it was on all the tv news how they cancelled flights or delayed them (jetstar said they had start up problems ) this went on for several months was that bad travel agents wouldnt book you on them if you had a connecting flight because of the risk

My favourite airline is Etihad followed by Emerates. My last 6 flights to Thailand have been with Etihad. And I am flying with them again later this month.

I work in a car factory and the factory always has a 3 week shutdown at the end of july beginning of August. So I already know my dates for my trip next summer. So I have just started looking at prices for next July/August. I might not book any flights untill January/February but if I see a bargin now I may as well book my flights.

I normally fly from Manchester(UK) to Thailand. So far the prices I have seen for Etihad flying out of Manchester have been very expensive. So if I don't find any decent prices with Etihad I might have to fly with a different airline next summer

I have booked with Jet Air for my next trip. I always said I wouldn't fly indirect again but I paid £755 for two flights which I thought was an absolute bargain. I was a bit concerned they might not be a good airline but Alleycat says they are good and my cousin flew with them too and said they were good. He says they have a very large weight allowance for baggage and the seats have lots of leg room.

Big Brother is watching you. - George Orwell
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry. - Jack Kerouac
Find what you love and let it kill you. - Charles Bukowski 
Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. - Confucius 
I wish I could show you when you are alone or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. - Hafiz of Shiraz
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche 
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde
The general public doesn't know what's happening, and it doesn't even know that it doesn't know. - Noam Chomsky
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens 

"Up to me" since 2005

booked with them for the 29th jan and return 14days later. 658euro which was 200euro cheaper then the next airliner in the row. 200euro = alot of fun in pleasure city. Even if they arent as good as ethiad/emirates.

I'm not woried about the lesser service or seats, only the reports of bagage thefts at the stopover scares me.

booked with them for the 29th jan and return 14days later. 658euro which was 200euro cheaper then the next airliner in the row. 200euro = alot of fun in pleasure city. Even if they arent as good as ethiad/emirates.

I'm not woried about the lesser service or seats, only the reports of bagage thefts at the stopover scares me.

The reports of the baggage theft's are a worry. It's a bit of putting. I'm checking prices of flights hoping to find a deal with Etihad or emerates or gator from Manchester but Jet airways is an option

I have two flights booked with them both to bkk from london Heathrow. Flying out on the 19th decemeber returning on the 2nd Jan cost me £890. Yes i know that is expensive but that was one of the cheapest flight i could find with only a short stop over in Mumbai. ( 1 hour 20 mins) I will also be using them again at easter and paid only £380 for this flight which i thought was a bargain. The luggage allowance is 35KG which is impressive. Has for the leg room, inflight entertainment and food i will report back on that in january.

Edited by midlandmale40

I can resist everything but temptation!

I'm flying with these too and have seen some really good reviews for this airline !!! The baggage theft is a bit annoying so I'm gonnan make sure I keep my camera/laptop/mobile and money&cards on me as hand luggage!!! Thieving bastards at best will only get some of my clothes and I can kit myself out in patts if needed

I've not booked any flights yet for next summer. I don't think there's any great hurry at the moment. I never like going online looking for flights. I always feel it's one big hassle

Flew with Jet from Heathrow for last year's Xmas trip. Long-haul flight/plane (London-Mumbai) was of a pretty high standard. Mubai-BKK flight was much more basic, not dis-similar to using a European budget airline, although you're only onboard for 4 hours. The real off-putting thing for me was Mumbai airport. Absolute shit-hole. The level of dis-organisation was astonishing in this day & age. Plenty of fellow passengers were severely losing their rags with airport staff.

In summary, I'll look to avoid flying with them in future unless the cost saving was say £100 or more.

Hope this helps!

PS - will you be following The Toffees to London this weekend?

Edited by stevejfh

Flew with Jet from Heathrow for last year's Xmas trip. Long-haul flight/plane (London-Mumbai) was of a pretty high standard. Mubai-BKK flight was much more basic, not dis-similar to using a European budget airline, although you're only onboard for 4 hours. The real off-putting thing for me was Mumbai airport. Absolute shit-hole. The level of dis-organisation was astonishing in this day & age. Plenty of fellow passengers were severely losing their rags with airport staff.

In summary, I'll look to avoid flying with them in future unless the cost saving was say £100 or more.

Hope this helps!

PS - will you be following The Toffees to London this weekend?

Sorry to say but I will not be going to London this weekend to watch the Toffees take on the Chelsea. When I was younger I used to follow Everton all around England but nowadays I mainly go to the home games. I'm a season ticket holder at Everton. It's very rare that I go to an away game.

I wonder who you support

After reading some of the replies I decided to give Jet airways a miss. And I have just booked flights with KLM/China airways. Booked through travelbag and now just awaiting confirmation. The timings are great. Fly from Manchester on Saturday morning and arrive very early at BKK airport on Sunday morning. So will be in Pattaya before mid-day. Which means I can relax before hiting the bars and gogo's on the Sunday night.

And at the end of my holiday I don't have to leave Pattaya for Bkk airport till late. So that means that I can party hard during my last night

Sorry to say but I will not be going to London this weekend to watch the Toffees take on the Chelsea. When I was younger I used to follow Everton all around England but nowadays I mainly go to the home games. I'm a season ticket holder at Everton. It's very rare that I go to an away game.

I wonder who you support

Well, if you'd been attending the game I'd have offerred to buy you a beer. My fingers are crossed for a repeat score-line from the last time our teams met!

How much did you end up paying for your flights?

I've got flights booked for my next trip to LOS which is later this month

But I'm now starting to look for flights for my next trip which will be in late July next year. And I will be in LOS for 3 weeks not that that matters.

Anyway I'm checking prices online and Jet Airways are coming up with some good prices and I like there flight times. I've never flown with Jet Airways and was wondering if they are a good airline or not.

Things like is the onboard service OK, do they have inflight movies, good planes eetc etc.

So I was wondering if any bm's have flown with Jet airways and have any views on this airline

Flew with Jet this year for the very first time (£377), have to say excellent service, great food & in- flight entertainment,if you don't mind the stop over (about 1 hr 20 mins)& the hassle of the security checks in Mumbai,I would definetely recommed it.Have a great hol!!

if jet air is the same as jetstar total crap,

Jetstar is not Jet Air.

On ther other Jet Air is not Jet Airways either.

Three different airlines

i flew with jet last june - very cheap prices - flight from heathrow to mumbai - excellent,lots of leg space (and i'm 6'4) good in flight service ,food very good,movies are all new releases - however----------------- now the bad bit ------- mumbai is a total s*** hole and there are lots of thefts there of personal belongings, even off the so called security guards-flight from mumbai to bangkok was on a very small plane with no leg room whatsoever- i always only fly direct and i only tried these the once because of the price. for me in future i will always stick with EVA airways-10.5 hours from heathrow to bangkok for an extra 100 pound-- gives more time to enjoy the lovely LOS.

Well, if you'd been attending the game I'd have offerred to buy you a beer. My fingers are crossed for a repeat score-line from the last time our teams met!

I went to the FA Cup final....We got beat but I enjoyed the day out.

For my flights in July/August I paid £728.

I fly with KLM between Manchester and Amsterdam

And China Airways betweeen Amsterdam and BKK

blue 1878 im a toffee too i hope we get a good result the weekend i dont think so tho,i remember looking last year at flights to bkk for august and in the middle of may they were cheaper than any other time of the year,i think booking them now for next august is to early.hold on, see will the price go down abit,i used china airways from amsterdam to bkk on my 1st trip to pattaya,and i said to myself never again,i asked them for a can of beer and im still waiting for it,there is a site on the internet ITA software,travel agents use this site, you have to log in to it,but it is very useful,just put in where you coming from and where your going and it shows all the flights and prices.if you have any problem with it pm me.

where it says sales city just put in where you live.

It's half-time in the Chelsea-Everton game and the score is 2 - 2. So Everton are doing well. If I had gone the game I would have been happy to have a beer with you.

blue 1878 im a toffee too i hope we get a good result the weekend i dont think so tho,i remember looking last year at flights to bkk for august and in the middle of may they were cheaper than any other time of the year,i think booking them now for next august is to early.hold on, see will the price go down abit,i used china airways from amsterdam to bkk on my 1st trip to pattaya,and i said to myself never again,i asked them for a can of beer and im still waiting for it,there is a site on the internet ITA software,travel agents use this site, you have to log in to it,but it is very useful,just put in where you coming from and where your going and it shows all the flights and prices.if you have any problem with it pm me.

where it says sales city just put in where you live.

I work in a car factory and in the summer we have a 3 week shutdown. So I have to take my holiday during this 3 week shutdown. So I finish work on a Friday so I like to fly out the next day. And I like to arrive home the day before I'm due back in work. So I don't like booking my flights to late in case I cannot get the dates plus decent timings that I want.