Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Board running slow? or is it me

jaceyjay

hi guys-is anyone else experiencing the board running very slow just lately-it seems to take ages to load each page wheras before it always seemed to load instantly-i thought it might be my computer but it is fine on any other websites i go on.

Same same for me as well. Seems to take forever just to sign in and load a page.

Anyone know why?

Hi, I am experiencing the same.. its running very slow. I hope someone can look into it :)

“See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time.â€

** duplucate post **

...since I got timeout when I tried to post first time.

Edited by Jame Taber

“See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time.â€

hi guys,

i am happy that you guys post this.

i have this for a week or 2 now,but some of the other mods said it was fine.

so i am not the only one that thinks that its going slow as a turtle.

It seems to be running very slow the last week or so. It used to be allmost instantly for me and it only is happening with the Board and not my other internet sites. Hope you guys can fix it :)

Pipeliner's, getting paid by the inch baby...go hard or go home...

Yep.... I am in england currently... and the speed of the site has been very poor... I have even tried different computers and locations. So I know it aint my computer.... But hope you guys will fix it soon.... like you did with th snow the other week... As I love using the forum, am on it everyday

Hmm, there seems to be something wrong. I'm in Thailand and the speed of the internet is always a little slow, but other websites

load up much faster. I realized that about one week ago.

Pattaya: You can checkout any time you like - but you can never leave - Eagles

This board has become VERY slow!! It takes forever and a day to log in and a nightmare to get any pages loaded!

Whats going on??

Yeah same here has been slow for over a week or so,it took nearly 10mins just to reply to this thread and it timed out while i was doing it..Capture.JPG

I'm in the UK and it is very slow compared to other websites. It's OK in the small and early hours but slows right down in the day. It's the same in LOS.

We thought it was fixed today, we load balanced to try and fix it. I will take the shoutbox off until the problem has been found

It's a really weird hop for me. It goes from San Francisco -> Florida -> Netherlands -> Germany -> UK, London -> UK, Bristol -> and shows the final hosting site to be in Singapore. While and odd pattern most of those should be quite fast, especially coming out of Singapore, although I'm curious why it took the east route for me and not the west route which is usually faster.

Anyhow I have been getting random 404s and it's been quite pokey, but I have fiber at home(50meg down/20 meg up) and an OC3(about 150m in both directions) so slow is relative, but this site has been pretty painful.

Edit. I just VPN'd into our plant in Ipoh Malaysia and went to the site from one of my servers there and it's equally slow yet only 3 hops away from the site, so it would appear there is indeed something wrong with either the server or the hosting service is being dragged to it's knees.

Edited by illuxion

I don't think that general routing across various countries is to blame. Too many here are experiencing the issue from different locations.

As LaaMok was saying, they are trying to do load balancing, which can be quite complicated. Essentially you have two or more servers at the back-end that have replicated content, with a front-end server distributing the "http get" requests to the back-end servers. Forums such as these also rely on a database (often mysql), which ideally should run on it's own front-end as an application, with a single storage solution at the back-end (but replicated for "failover", where "raid" would do). Often the problem can be traced to the database, as it's sensitive to so-called sessions, i.e., a user retrieves or writes to a database in a session, which may suffer from a split in the load balancing implementation.

Anyway, I have no real idea how the site is set up, but that is my guess. It could also be an internal network issue between the various servers. I'm sure that the admins will get it sorted out...the site is too popular to not care. :GoldenSmile1:

<center>To know when to be generous and when firm — that is wisdom.

Most things break, including hearts. The lessons of life amount not to wisdom, but to scar tissue and callus.</center>

It was unusable before but seems OK now to me. I just put it down to my crap ISP, but it seems for once they're not to blame.

It was briefly down just a little while ago...,now the site is loading exceptionally fast for me at the moment.

Seems they fixed whatever it was. We are now resuming our regular programming, ladies and gents... :Cry3:

<center>To know when to be generous and when firm — that is wisdom.

Most things break, including hearts. The lessons of life amount not to wisdom, but to scar tissue and callus.</center>