IGNORED

Walk in rates

Yorkshirelad

Hi, just a quick question.

I pre-booked my hotel for my last trip to Pattaya because i thought it would have busy during Songkrat. My next trip will be in July (low season), so i have no fear about getting a room but i was wondering if it's cheaper to pre-book online again or just walk in.

Which is the cheapest option, guys. Thanks.

Hi, just a quick question.

I pre-booked my hotel for my last trip to Pattaya because i thought it would have busy during Songkrat. My next trip will be in July (low season), so i have no fear about getting a room but i was wondering if it's cheaper to pre-book online again or just walk in.

Which is the cheapest option, guys. Thanks.

Most pre-booking involves some kind of deal.

Usually through an third party like asiarooms.com

So unless your phoning the hotle direct and paying their standard rate, pre-booking should always be cheaper.

However you maybe able to negotiate a cheap rate if you turn up on the door with cash in hand and plan to stay a week or longer.

In general I still think pre-booking gets better deals unless your good at charming the pants of them in person.

I always do the walk in option, and end up paying more

Usually, I pre-book at least one day, so I know I have somewhere to go when I get there. Then, the next day, I look around for a deal.

Rex

There aren't many visitors in town at the moment, probably a lot less than in previous years. Book into any hotel for your first night and then look around. I have always managed to negotiate a better rate in the low season when talking to the peson in charge at the reception.

There aren't many visitors in town at the moment, probably a lot less than in previous years. Book into any hotel for your first night and then look around. I have always managed to negotiate a better rate in the low season when talking to the peson in charge at the reception.

I was in Pattaya for Songkhran and Im there now and I walked in to places and asked their rates both times. Surprisingly hotels were quoting cheaper rates in April (Songkrhan time) than now with hotels being quite unreasonable despite being a little quieter.

Who knows how the Thais think?

C66*

• 2 months later...