IGNORED

IBIS Nana Hotel Review

MintyCock

IBIS Nana Bangkok

I walked into this hotel and asked to book one night and was shown the rack rate advertised at the reception which was aprox 2200B (a ridiculous rate for this hotel). I negotiated with them saying I had seen the internet price and got this down to 1300B per night. I heard that I could've got this down to 1200B but as I was staying here free I didn't feel it necessary.

If you chose to stay here, I recommend dealing with the black guy behind reception. He is amongst the best hotel staff you will ever encounter - polite, friendly, funny, efficient, able to deal with issues immediately and accurately and just all round excellent customer service. Not sure if he's the manager but if he is then kudos to him. Sounds like I love the dude!

+Ives

- Great customer service (apart from an incident at checkout they were excellent)

- Located on Sukhumvit Road Soi 4, the hotel is a stones throw away from the Nana gogo bars/ car park.

- Clean, comfortable, contemporary rooms at a decent price

- LCD TV with a massive channel list (Approx 90 different channels)

- Room safe, fridge, kettle (including a selection of teas and coffee)

- A number of magazines about Bangkok provided in the room

- Computers available in the reception area

- Excellent shower, the water pressure was perfect

- Seating area (bench) by the side of the bed

- Storage space under the bed

-Ives

- Rooms are compact but is not overly small for 2 people if you don't require a lot of walk space

- The hardest mattress I have experienced for a hotel in LOS although it was not uncomfortable

- Small bathroom (Can just about fit two people in the shower with some shuffling)

- There was no way of opening the window (atleast in my room)

- No swimming pool or gym

- Chargeable WIFI (100B per hour or 400B per day)

Overall Verdict

If I was looking for a budget hotel in the Sukhumvit area then I would definitely consider this hotel. However, if your someone who likes to spend a lot of time in their room or plenty of walk space then you probably should look elsewhere. I'd stay here over the Nana hotel everytime even though this place is cheaper and has smaller rooms primarily because the rooms here are cleaner, more hygienic and comfortable.

P1010232.JPG

P1010234.JPG

P1010235.JPG

P1010236.JPG

P1010237.JPG

P1010238.JPG

Edited by MintyCock

Thanks for the review. I stayed at this chain in Amsterdam and also Copenhagen and was very good value,

although rooms were bigger. Hard to find anything decent in Sukhumvit area under 1300 baht. I assume they're

girl friendly.

Retired

Thanks for the review. I stayed at this chain in Amsterdam and also Copenhagen and was very good value,

although rooms were bigger. Hard to find anything decent in Sukhumvit area under 1300 baht. I assume they're

girl friendly.

I had a girl with me when I checked in but I did see guys with what I presume were bar girls coming in late at night.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the info & pics.

your opinion & comments are noted for my trips to Bangkok in the future.

:001_Thank_You5:

I've stayed there many times. I like it alot, very clean and great location. Book it online for the better deal. sometimes 1000 baht during the week day and a little more for the weekend. here's a pic of a R4 girl in my ibis room.

CIMG0852.JPG

• 6 months later...

I just booked ..there way-out...my trip this Sept..Majestic Suites--when I first arrive and when I leave--just a day or two each side of Pattaya..Still love both Nana and Cowboy..special places in my heart :Hug1:

Then next April/May again a few days each side of Pattaya trip and will be staying at Ibis Nana f or 1st time..it does look a little small..but that means extra cozy :Hug7: How far?? a walk down to Nana..I love to see Rainbows :LMFO: and parking lots late at night :WinkGrin1:

How is Bangkok now..things really settled down?? I was there through.. the end of March..saw the marches..caravans down Suhkhumvit, but it was still like a carnival atmosphere..right after I left on April 1...shit hit the fan..very sad days indeed..

I just booked ..there way-out...my trip this Sept..Majestic Suites--when I first arrive and when I leave--just a day or two each side of Pattaya..Still love both Nana and Cowboy..special places in my heart :Hug1:

Then next April/May again a few days each side of Pattaya trip and will be staying at Ibis Nana f or 1st time..it does look a little small..but that means extra cozy :Hug7: How far?? a walk down to Nana..I love to see Rainbows :LMFO: and parking lots late at night :WinkGrin1:

How is Bangkok now..things really settled down?? I was there through.. the end of March..saw the marches..caravans down Suhkhumvit, but it was still like a carnival atmosphere..right after I left on April 1...shit hit the fan..very sad days indeed..

How far?

About 100 meters down from Soi 6, so around 3-400 meters down from Nana plaza.

Things in BKK are pretty much back to normal - except with less tourist than typical (even for low season).

How far?

Things in BKK are pretty much back to normal - except with less tourist than typical (even for low season).

That really good news..as my level of handsom :GoldenSmile1: - ness just keeps going up

• 1 month later...

I've stayed there many times. I like it alot, very clean and great location. Book it online for the better deal. sometimes 1000 baht during the week day and a little more for the weekend. here's a pic of a R4 girl in my ibis room.

Would you choose here or Nana hotel?

How far?

aspen suites,heaven@4 or ibis which has best location please

aspen suites,heaven@4 or ibis which has best location please

heaven@4 is a bit closer to Nana than Ibis on Soi 4 - but not alot. Heaven@4 is nearly directly accross from where Soi 6 joins into Soi 4.

Asepn Suites is a bit further away because it is on Soi 2 - But it is probably about as far down Soi 2 as Ibis is down Soi 4. You can cut thru the Raja hotel parking lot to get from Soi 2 to Soi 4 and Nana. On your way to/from Aspen.

heaven@4 is a bit closer to Nana than Ibis on Soi 4 - but not alot. Heaven@4 is nearly directly accross from where Soi 6 joins into Soi 4.

Asepn Suites is a bit further away because it is on Soi 2 - But it is probably about as far down Soi 2 as Ibis is down Soi 4. You can cut thru the Raja Hotel parking lot to get from Soi 2 to Soi 4 and Nana. On your way to/from Aspen.

thank you IBF good of you to take the time and explain first timer to bkk ..im booking heaven@4 its looks lovely and its sounds great location... :GiveBeer1:

• 2 weeks later...

Does it have a refridgerator? Got ta have a place for beer :Beer: And most important question--anyone been able to have 2 ladies in woom??

This be Ibis Nana I ask about??

Edited by tigerstail

Does it have a refridgerator? Got ta have a place for beer :Beer: And most important question--anyone been able to have 2 ladies in woom??

This be Ibis Nana I ask about??

Yes there is a fridge - but not a big one.

I've had more than 2 ladies, but one of them had a car so we all went in thru the carpark entrance, and not past the front desk - so I'm not sure if the front desk would say anything or not.

When staying there last year my mate was charged 500bht for bringing back a 2nd lady - no probs with just one though. Still one of my fave hotels in the Nana area at the rates they charge.

City Lodge Soi 9 is right n the heart of everything. Halfway between Nana and Soi Cowboy.

Rates are running around 1200 Net.

www.Amari.com

Edited by SlickMonkey